So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Reloading 32-40 tonight, made the cases from 30-30 and using a 180 grain RCBS cast GC bullet.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Loaded up 200 45acp today.

After seeing them recommended in several threads, I started using Lyman M expander dies recently and they are a wonderful help in getting the bullets started parallel to the cases. No more shaving of lead or coatings or case bulges from a bullet started at a slight angle. Thanks so much to everyone that mentioned them.

trsowders76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2014
    Bedford
    At the moment we have three presses set up, one for 300 blackout, 308 , 300 win mag. Just got a 357 sig so that will probably be where I am heading next. Need to purchase some materials first!

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    At the moment we have three presses set up, one for 300 blackout, 308 , 300 win mag. Just got a 357 sig so that will probably be where I am heading next. Need to purchase some materials first!

AP is set up for 300 BK. SS for 223. Looking for a 2nd Horn-AP sometime this year if a used one pops up.

Danged if I didn't mess up my washing mix ratio again. To much Lemi-shine. New Years resolution- follow the recommendations! More is NOT good.

trsowders76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2014
    Bedford
    Absolutely, the more the merrier! I just love the ability to be able to leave them set up for a while as usually when I get on something I will work up a bunch. My son is starting to get into it more so who knows maybe another set will be coming soon as space really isn't an issue.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am way behind.

I reloaded 50 44mag 225gn Hornady FTX's with 19.3gn's of Lil'gun. It's my pet load for the Henry 44mag lever. Next will be a few hundred 308's for the 1919.

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    I am way behind.

I reloaded 50 44mag 225gn Hornady FTX's with 19.3gn's of Lil'gun. It's my pet load for the Henry 44mag lever. Next will be a few hundred 308's for the 1919.

I load with the shorter Hornady brass, do you do the same, shorten others brass or not worry about the case length?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I load with the shorter Hornady brass, do you do the same, shorten others brass or not worry about the case length?

I trim my brass to the Hornady recommended length. I also have some original Hornady FTX brass. I like it so much I just started trimming everything to FTX size. It;s a lot cheaper then buying FTX's.

Welcome to the forum.

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    Haven't had to trim much , only on 2nd loading of hornady and winchester brass. Made a few out of 243 brass and trimmed them to 1.910 if I remember right.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am bout to transition from 9mm pistol ammo to some .223 rifle ammo. It's a whole new ballgame when it comes to resizing (pushing back the neck) and trimming.

I've got a batch of once-fired brass in the tumbler as we speak. Hope to get a few loads out this weekend. Wish me luck!!! :rockwoot:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am bout to transition from 9mm pistol ammo to some .223 rifle ammo. It's a whole new ballgame when it comes to resizing (pushing back the neck) and trimming.

I've got a batch of once-fired brass in the tumbler as we speak. Hope to get a few loads out this weekend. Wish me luck!!! :rockwoot:

It's not to bad. You just gotta lean on the handle a little harder. Lol, You dont' have to flare case mouths anymore. Are you shooting them in a bolt action or a semi auto? My bolt action stuff just gets neck size, then a full length size about every 5th cycle. I have reloaded thousands of round both ways. If you shoot bolt action or both, divide your brass and dedicate some to each. A neck size die will pay for itself really quickly!

Have fun and share some pics when you get going.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom