• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Did anyone listen to the debate? RSB made a great point:If you vote for one of the two big parties despite not liking what they do, they can ignore you, because you're staying in line and giving "big government" your vote. If you do not vote, they can ignore you, because you're letting others make the "big government" choice for you (which is even better from what I perceive as their perspective; "Yes, little sheep, let others decide for you... We know better, after all...")
    There's only one way to give the DNC and the RNC a big bloody nose and have them both sit up and take notice, and that's to put someone in office who will not support Big Government, someone who will govern based on our founding principles and from the rock-solid basis of our Constitution.

I don't trust Ellsworth as far as I could throw him. (Turn)Coats says all the right things now, but once he's in office, we're stuck with him for six years no matter how he votes. His vote raped all of us back in 1994 and they say rapists are unable to be rehabilitated. I'm not bending over to make it easier for him.

The only way that RSB "doesn't have a chance" is if people who say they want change vote for more of the same. The shift of power back to the People has to begin somewhere. Let's start a revolution, a rebellion that takes place wholly within the voting booths of our state and in a completely peaceable manner. Let our weapons consist of our voices and our opinions, that our firearms be unnecessary.

Rebecca Sink-Burris has my vote and I encourage everyone to follow that example.

Blessings,
    Bill

Interesting. I never thought about it that way. You might have a valid point here. Hmmmm.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Did anyone listen to the debate? RSB made a great point:If you vote for one of the two big parties despite not liking what they do, they can ignore you, because you're staying in line and giving "big government" your vote. If you do not vote, they can ignore you, because you're letting others make the "big government" choice for you (which is even better from what I perceive as their perspective; "Yes, little sheep, let others decide for you... We know better, after all...")
    There's only one way to give the DNC and the RNC a big bloody nose and have them both sit up and take notice, and that's to put someone in office who will not support Big Government, someone who will govern based on our founding principles and from the rock-solid basis of our Constitution.

I don't trust Ellsworth as far as I could throw him. (Turn)Coats says all the right things now, but once he's in office, we're stuck with him for six years no matter how he votes. His vote raped all of us back in 1994 and they say rapists are unable to be rehabilitated. I'm not bending over to make it easier for him.

The only way that RSB "doesn't have a chance" is if people who say they want change vote for more of the same. The shift of power back to the People has to begin somewhere. Let's start a revolution, a rebellion that takes place wholly within the voting booths of our state and in a completely peaceable manner. Let our weapons consist of our voices and our opinions, that our firearms be unnecessary.

Rebecca Sink-Burris has my vote and I encourage everyone to follow that example.

Blessings,
    Bill

:+1: Excellent summary of the issues. The major parties are happy to share power between themselves, so it matters little if its one or the other because the same game is played. Big government is able to establish its power as the "ruling class." Vote for the third party that demands adherence to the Constitution. Eventually, we will achieve a critical mass and take back power for the Constitutionalists.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Repost of mine from another thread because there are 3 of these going at once.

I think that people that are voting for the 'lesser of two evils' are burdened with the false assumption that the Republicans want to defeat the Democrats. That is absolutely not true anymore. I haven't forgotten the contract with America that gave the republicans the house and senate and president. What happened? Nothing. Everything that they tried was defeated by Republican infighting and a willing Democrat minority.
    The goal is to accumulate and maintain power.
    That's all.
    The reason for Coats coming out of retirement is the existing republicans know he will not change anything or upset the status quo like Hostettler or the any of other Tea Party candidates would have.

:+1: Well said. Rep coming!

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Here's my take:

I will vote of the the lesser of two evils if one of the evils really is substantially lesser.

So, for instance, if it was John McCain running against Stalin, I'd vote for McCain. Sure, McCain is a tool, almost entirely clueless, and doesn't seem to have the slightest idea what the proper relationship between the government and the people should be. But Stalin is one of the most evil people who ever lived, personally responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of innocent people. So, McCain vs. Stalin; I'll vote for the lame-o guy over the incarnation of evil.

This is basically why I voted for McCain over Obama.

But Coats vs. Ellsworth? I don't really see either of them as being particularly less evil than the other. This is where I go third party. No matter which of the major party guys wins, we're stuck with a lame political hack who will go along with whatever nefarious wickedness his party tries to perpetrate.

I know the LP chick won't win, but hey, if she makes a decent showing at least we're making some kind of statement that if they get too lame, we start looking elsewhere. We're not just robots with an R or a D stamped on our foreheads who will do whatever we're told.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Every election I see the same :bs: being run up the flagpole to see who salutes it:

"I'm voting for whoeverthehell because (pounding fist) I. Want to. Send a. Message. to the whichever Party!"

Why do I call it :bs:? Well, because it is. Here's why:

When you show your ID and take the plastic card to allow you to vote, there is only one message you're sending, no matter whose name you select, and that message is,

"This is who I want to serve in this office for the next term."

You're not sending any messages of "I wanted X candidate who lost the primary!" and you're not sending any messages of "Shape up or you'll keep losing elections!"....

Hell, in 2008, there were people who wanted to "send a message" to George W. Bush. Hey! Here's a news flash! He wasn't running and he didn't care! (this is also why I'm against term limits being enshrined in law... If a candidate knows he can't be re-elected, the people hold no incentives to keep him in line, at least not since we gave up tarring and feathering, necktie parties, and blindfold-and-cigarette parties.

You want to send a message, pick up a pen and write a letter or a check, or both. You want to make a change, it's got to start months before anyone decides who's going to check your ID when you show up to vote

We don't have three choices for Senator this year, we have two. One choice is "Big(ger) government". The other is Rebecca Sink-Burris.

I only waste my vote if I give it to someone I don't trust to serve the Constitution first, the people of the state second, and partisan politics not at all.

My vote will most emphatically not be wasted.

Blessings,
    Bill

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    redneck_moments_51549701-x600.jpg

Yup, did that last time and got Clinton.

But I hate Coats, so I'll probably vote RSB...

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I will vote straight GOP. No matter what you mix crap with, it is still crap. You mix crap with steak the end result is still crap. You mix dems with GOP you have crap. You mix libertarians with dems you have crap, you mix libertarians with GOP you have crap.

Speaking of crap, that's what the GOP's most famous Presidents thought of the Constitution. Abraham Lincoln, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush. There are some real winners right there.

Vote GOP and you'll get large government. They'll have us all in a police state, cameras in our bedroom, children forced to go to church, mandatory drug testing for every citizen at work.

Vote Democratic and you'll get large government. They'll strip us all of our self defense, rob us blind, hand out all of our money, regulate away businesses, and finish off freedom of the press, speech, and religion.

It's way past time to try something different. Our Libertarian candidate advocates small government, lower taxes, and more freedom.

A lot of us are sick of watching anyone, either party, take aim and destroy our country. We're going to try to take it back at the ballot boxes. If it works or if it doesn't, those who wish to decapitate freedom in the United States have the opportunity to get out now, while we're all being civil. You can literally go to any other nation on Earth and feel right at home living under a dictatorship. One way or another, the United States of America will be a free, Constitutionally governed Republic of the people, once again.

Yet I now look back and think that Bill doesn't look that bad. Never thought I would say that in my life. But next to Obama....

You must not like "assault weapons". ;)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I still have research to do. Politics is one area that I like to try and form my own opinions. This will actually be my first time voting. Besides the last presidential election. To me all politicians are nothing more then puppets. They can give a good speech. Vote for bills that you may agree with. Still what is really keeping them from screwing us over. Track record only goes so far. Politics is a dirty vicious game. All you can do is take a leap of faith and hope they do as promised. There is no guarantee.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I still have research to do. Politics is one area that I like to try and form my own opinions. This will actually be my first time voting. Besides the last presidential election. To me all politicians are nothing more then puppets. They can give a good speech. Vote for bills that you may agree with. Still what is really keeping them from screwing us over. Track record only goes so far. Politics is a dirty vicious game. All you can do is take a leap of faith and hope they do as promised. There is no guarantee.

Congratulations. Hopefully this will be a vote that you will recall fondly all your life. My first election I got to vote for Reagan. And in spite of the thoughts of a few of our libertarian friends to the contrary, it is something that I am still proud about. If you are taking book suggestions, I would suggest [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Tyranny-Conservative-Mark-Levin/dp/1416562877/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287145831&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto (9781416562870): Mark R. Levin: Books[/ame]

Top Bottom