• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    The ammo they use would not function in a normal pistol (loaded so light) which is one reason I was told Jerry uses a revolver. The other reason I was told Jerry uses a revolver is he beats the trigger of semi-autos.
    This last video seems to prove other wise. I wonder his rate of fire one this one.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The ammo they use would not function in a normal pistol (loaded so light) which is one reason I was told Jerry uses a revolver. The other reason I was told Jerry uses a revolver is he beats the trigger of semi-autos.
    This last video seems to prove other wise. I wonder his rate of fire one this one.

You are incorrect about the light loads. Jerry can shoot all types of guns well.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

Must have heard that one at a gunshop. He has to make power factor .

Sucks when it's just skill that sets him apart.

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    and just what is power factor these days? Are you saying the video of him shooting the grand was with full power ball loads? No one of his size can buck that ammo the way he did in the video.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Yes he can and does. He has a vey interesting 3 part demo on YouTube where he shows the difference between light target loads and full bore 357 magnum, the split times are the same. Don't forget he was the winningest shooter ever at 2nd chance. Bowling pin loads ain't no joke and he was demon fast then.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    and just what is power factor these days? Are you saying the video of him shooting the grand was with full power ball loads? No one of his size can buck that ammo the way he did in the video.

You are wrong.

Power factor is 165 making major.

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    Coach, I have nothing but admiration and respect for Jerry and his talents. He has been and still is a great ambassador for our sport.

Lets just leave this as I am wrong. I can live with you thinking that.

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    This is a question so please don't hammer on me.
    I looked up the IDPA Ammo Power Factor chart and I can not find any 9mm P+ that is that hot. What am I missing?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I looked up the IDPA Ammo Power Factor chart and I can not find any 9mm P+ that is that hot. What am I missing?

:scratch: You mean 125pf? That's only 1000fps with a 125gr bullet. Easily achievable without going +p:dunno:

Guess I should have clarified that PF= Bullet Weight x Velocity

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

He is not shooting IDPA one.
    Second, Revolver in USPSA has major scoring and he has to shoot major to win. Power factor is 165 for what Jerry is shooting. I have seen his ammo chrono at major matches. I have run him as an RO. He is making major and he can shoot bigboy loads fast.

Production the power factor is 125 and scored minor.

Third, in IDPA it is called Power Floor because they want to be different.

When you are missing several key facts and obviously don't have a grasp on the situation, and come in here an **** all over someone's shooting ability, and attribute it to light loads it is assinine. Then after doing that you start asking questions about a topic that you don't know much if anything about, and don't want to be hammered, but claim to have inside information on Jerry. That is assinine.

If you don't want to be hammered, respectful in your skepticism, and don't act like an authority on topics that you are not.

It should be easy enought o live with me thinking you are wrong because you are. Everyone has to live with the truth if if they won't admit it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Coach, I have nothing but admiration and respect for Jerry and his talents. He has been and still is a great ambassador for our sport.

Lets just leave this as I am wrong. I can live with you thinking that.

First comment being it is all only possible because of light loads really came off this way.

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    I did have my day of instruction with Jerry and yes it was 30 years ago. I don't give a rats ass if none of you believe me or not.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Where Jerry really impresses me is in his ability to transition between targets like he does. Other people can shoot and make hits that fast (it's not super human), but in the transitions is where he really shows amazing skill.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Does it really matter what the PF of his loads are? He has done great in USPSA competitions where PF is tested. Sounds like someone is a little butt hurt at Jerry. If I could shoot as fast as Jerry and I thought he was using weak loads maybe, maybe I might say something. But I only dream of shooting that fast with ANY PF load, so I just keep my mouth shut.

Top Bottom