So your gunshot incapacitated the perp, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't know what to do with this thread right now so at the moment is being closed so we can look at it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Alright, here's what's going to happen. I'm opening this thread back up but if those posting in here cannot return to civility, there will be perma bans handed out. No name-calling, no oblique attacks, no veiled threats. If I even see a SUGGESTION, you're outta here. Purple will not save you. Passive-aggressive "What, I was just asking a question! I'm innocent!" will not save you. You know who you are and you know exactly what you are doing and we are not buying it. If you can't control yourself, FIND ANOTHER THREAD. The staff are getting tired of reminding grown adults how to behave in public.

:mods:

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I would try to stop the bleeding until paramedics arrived. I don't think anyone who has any sense wants to kill anyone. I carry a firearm for self defense; this doesn't mean I want to kill a person who attacks me or a family member. I only want to stop the attack and alleviate the threat.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    No, but how can you call me a tyrant, dishonest and a terrorist without even knowing me.

He probably just got pulled over and got a ticket for something he didn't think he deserved and instead of posting THAT encounter since he didn't do what he was supposed to do and KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT he posts hateful things about people he doesn't know to make himself feel better.

It happens to a lot of people.

Oh, wait... What was this thread about again? :dunno:

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    Scenario: you shoot (or stab) a bad guy doing bad things. He drops his weapon and clearly is not in fighting shape. Do you render first aid?

would it look bad to the jury if you didn't attempt to help?

I quoted the OP just in case everyone forgot what this thread was about. Enjoy!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I wasn't gonna post in this thread anymore but this will be the last one since I have to point this out. Scutter it looks like your threat of perma ban isn't stopping Titanium.

:laugh:

Turning Tattletail are we? I don't believe I attacked OR name called unlike yourself. lrahm is sensitive and you could ruin his whole day with your remarks so I was just trying to make him feel better ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Are you effing KIDDING ME?! You guys couldn't go TEN MINUTES?!

He probably just got pulled over and got a ticket for something he didn't think he deserved and instead of posting THAT encounter since he didn't do what he was supposed to do and KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT he posts hateful things about people he doesn't know to make himself feel better.

It happens to a lot of people.

Oh, wait... What was this thread about again? :dunno:

:laugh:

Turning Tattletail are we? I don't believe I attacked OR name called unlike yourself. lrahm is sensitive and you could ruin his whole day with your remarks so I was just trying to make him feel better ;)
    I JUST posted a warning that you ignored and you decided to continue the fight, and even resort to name-calling.
    I wasn't gonna post in this thread anymore but this will be the last one since I have to point this out.

No, you DON'T have to point it out. What you have to do is stay civil and on-topic and not become a thread vigilante LIKE YOU WERE JUST WARNED ABOUT.

If you think I'm kidding, you can start by saying goodbye to TF and JRW. At the moment, they have been temp-banned. After staff review, I expect it will become permanent.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Skin and tan the hide?????:dunno:

Honestly, if you had to fire, I don't think I would attempt to provide first aid, in case he was faking or recovered enough to become a threat again. I would dial 911 and wait for the professionals while keeping the bg covered.

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Sorry if this is cold hearted. But it gets to the point where i have to use my gun on someone. There is no way I would touch them for any reason. If I shott and they are still alive they get to stare at the business end of my gun until police/medics arrive

I'm wanting to know why someone would not terminate the bad guy in the first place. But in the unlikely event that someone I shot is still alive when the dust settles, I would follow the above line of reasoning.

45CALifornia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Mishawaka
    first and foremost, if/when (God forbid) i use a gun in self defense, i would like to think that i am a good enough operator of a firearm to where the death certificate is signed by a falling shell casing. that being said, i know things don't always work out in the hollywood way. despite knowing that anyone i might have to defend myself against wouldn't try render aid to me if i were shot, at the very least i would take off a piece of clothing to form a compress. juries don't look kindly on the statement "i shot him and did absolutely nothing."

that, and i'd be saying goodbye to whichever gun i had to use.

i would also call 911 after the BG was down, of course.

Last edited:

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I think calling the police and medics is the right thing to do. I agree with what has been said if I had to shoot to defend then the BG gets what they have comming. Also someone brought up bloodborn pathogens that is another good reason to wait for the pros and last the BG would not even give you a dirty rag to stop the bleeding. Hold them at gunpoint and wait.

Top Bottom