• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    After yesterdays innocent killing of 20 children, Society is at its boiling point over the use of guns in this country. There have been a few that have blamed the NRA for what happened, which is an idiotic statement.The NRA has nothing to do with what happened yesterday. Our lives as gun owners have just gotten harder. People are wanting to blame this on something and it looks like its going to be the gun laws that take the hit. I don't know what is in store for the gun owners in this country but it doesn't look good. There is already a few petitions for stricter gun control and its coming from the White House and Congress. You can sit here and say the government can't take my guns or the 2nd amendment will keep our guns, but in reality, the government can do what they want. Buckle up gun owners, this is going to be a hell of a ride.

In the midst of all the anti-gun rhetoric, isn't it strange that no one ever mentions how many mental hospitals and asylums have been closed over the past 30-odd years, and how many people with mental problems are now walking the streets? Of course, it would be "insensitive" and politically incorrect to bring that up.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    i dont see how one leo would be able to cover an entire school. i graduated with 63, one officer wouldn't even be able to cover my tiny country HS.

I agree. I'm thinking a minimum of 2 per operating entrance and another 2-3 patrolling the halls just in case someone gains access through other means. These additional guards would also backup the guards at the doors. These would need to be well trained, experienced professionals and they would need to be well paid. I'm thinking we've got a lot of veterans who have recently returned home from Iraq who would be well qualified and who need good jobs.

Some will say that this level of security would cost too much and my reply would be, seriously? Let's say an average of 10 guards per school at $25 - $30 per hour times 10 hours per day. That's $300 per hour or $3,000 per day. Add an additional 25% for benefits and it comes to $3,750 a day. Let's round that up to $4,000 per day to include ongoing training and equipment or $20,000 per week. That's roughly $1 million per year per school. Now, is any politician going to say the cost is too high to protect our children?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After yesterdays innocent killing of 20 children, Society is at its boiling point over the use of guns in this country. There have been a few that have blamed the NRA for what happened, which is an idiotic statement.The NRA has nothing to do with what happened yesterday. Our lives as gun owners have just gotten harder. People are wanting to blame this on something and it looks like its going to be the gun laws that take the hit. I don't know what is in store for the gun owners in this country but it doesn't look good. There is already a few petitions for stricter gun control and its coming from the White House and Congress. You can sit here and say the government can't take my guns or the 2nd amendment will keep our guns, but in reality, the government can do what they want. Buckle up gun owners, this is going to be a hell of a ride.

Politicians are whores for public opinion and polling numbers.

Yes, I said whores. Flys on a poop pile. They buzz around getting all they can from the fresh poo until the stink dies down and then it is off to the fresh poo.

Whores of the highest order.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Politicians are whores for public opinion and polling numbers.

Yes, I said whores. Flys on a poop pile. They buzz around getting all they can from the fresh poo until the stink dies down and then it is off to the fresh poo.

Whores of the highest order.

So, can we assume that you are going to run for office, any office, to influence how we are governed?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Let's not forget that Republicans still control the House. I can't still a significant gun control bill making it through. Additionally, Harry Reid may be a scumbag by and large but he's been largely pro-2A over the years and was helped significantly by the NRA in his latest election. New federal gun control is not a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. I think this is still a fight that we're going to win.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's not forget that Republicans still control the House. I can't still a significant gun control bill making it through. Additionally, Harry Reid may be a scumbag by and large but he's been largely pro-2A over the years and was helped significantly by the NRA in his latest election. New federal gun control is not a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. I think this is still a fight that we're going to win.

I hope you're right, but it would only take flipping 13 RINOs in the House.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    The worst enemies of the school-children, aside from the actual murderer(s), are the IDIOTS who propose, enact, support, and enforce "gun-free-zones".

The worst enemies of the Second Amendment, aside from the Brady and Obama bunch, are the IDIOTS among "sportsmen" who are willing to 'compromise' and allow registration, or bans on full-autos, or semiautos, or whatever.

Some of us oppose "gun control" as a matter of principle, because we want a stable society and safe streets - we are not willing to 'compromise'. Others of us seem to care but little about social stability or safety, and merely want to prevent any inconvenience to our favorite play-toys or hobby. Those gun owners are willing to compromise everyone else's rights away but their own - they don't deserve to own firearms in my opinion, or even have the luxury of living in a free country, because they are not willing to defend liberty.

Perhaps that's "mean spirited", but freedom requires RESPONSIBILITY, and part of that is defending freedom; ALL freedom.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The worst enemies of the school-children, aside from the actual murderer(s), are the IDIOTS who propose, enact, support, and enforce "gun-free-zones"

The worst enemies of the Second Amendment, aside from the Brady and Obama bunch, are the IDIOTS among "sportsmen" who are willing to 'compromise' and allow registration, or bans on full-autos, or semiautos, or whatever.

Some of us oppose "gun control" as a matter of principle, because we want a stable society and safe streets - we are not willing to 'compromise'. Others of us seem to care but little about social stability or safety, and merely want to prevent any inconvenience to our favorite play-toys or hobby. Those gun owners are willing to compromise everyone else's rights away but their own - they don't deserve to own firearms in my opinion, or even have the luxury of living in a free country, because they are not willing to defend liberty.

Freedom requires RESPONSIBILITY, and part of that is defending freedom.

You struck the core of the issue: principle. An argument based on anything else will break down, and usually do so quickly. Emotional reactions, personal convenience, and the willingness to throw one's neighbor under the bus will all bring bad results. As you indicated, those gun owners who would throw other gun owners and their guns under the bus so long as the antis leave their Fudd guns alone are just as much an enemy as the Brady bunch.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I feel in my gut, as gun owners, we are in for a tough time. I told my girlfriend, that I feel this will be a tipping point for alot of people, because it is so personal to so many.

This hits so many on a more personal level than ever before. Emotions nation wide are raw and off the charts. All of which are understandable, and it truly is a tragedy beyond comprehension. Most of us as rational people, can never comprehend these things when they happen. They are feared instead, for that reason.

Politicians know that guns are not the problem, but people are. I fear this tragedy will sway many. It is a open door for them, and a open wound to us all. They will take advantage of that for sure.

I see an "Executive Order" very soon. I do not think he will wait on this, and do not think he cares about the fallout either. He is an opportunist, and this is it. He has shown in the past, that he will not hesitate to get what he wants, and does not care how he gets it. :twocents:

I am a true believer in our Second Amendment rights, and would stay the fight for them. I really do feel though that this is going to be the biggest fight of our lives before the dust settles.

Sadly, there is no fix for these things. You cannot take away all guns, you cannot know when someone is mentally unstable enough to commit these acts.

Society and lack of parenting is kind of my take on alot of the issues going on in our country today. This has failed on so many more levels than just this one.

I pray for the families involved, and for us as a Nation.

Top Bottom