• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    .... did you get on in order to sign the petition??? It's a ruse.
    Do you have an account on that site? If not, sign up for one. It takes less info than INGO asked for when you signed up. If you have signed up before, and don't remember your password, just input your email address.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I think Obama is serious. He feels he has the public with the vote he just got.

I think it was funny he cried over 20 kids, when he signed abortion legislation to kill kids that survive abortion.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Students of history should review what happened in Germany. Hitter disarmed the citizens and we all know what happened next. If the government disarms all of us, that is when the bumpy ride really starts. I shudder to think what the current politicians are capable of inflicting on the citizens.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    I posted this on another thread...it came to me last night. Yes, history is for us to learn from. Hitler is but one example.

'If we strike first, we won't get help from anybody' -Golda Meir said in the hours before Israel was attacked on Yom Kippur, 1973. Israeli response was muted on that holy day.....but not without recourse. They faced an awesome Soviet backed onslought from all sides......but being G_d's chosen people, they had faith!
    We conservative, Lord fearing, law abiding citizens now await the onslought too. Gun grabbers are already lining up, Bloomberg is out with a fresh statement on gun-control, along with half-dozen other liberals. FOLKS, this is not about a gun, ITS ABOUT THE CONTROL. If we do not stand up for our constitutional rights now.....this experiment in democracy is finished.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    What about making them tougher to get? Like going thru the ccw process at minimum to buy one maybe? Maybe it really shouldn't be quite as easy as it is. Recent events are putting me at a questionable stance on this topic. What if to buy one you had to pass some type of means test or something and have a license just to own. I don't agree with an outright ban. But there is a happy medium somewhere. I also agree to some extent that if more law abiding citizens are armed, the crazys will get few shots off. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. But the person who said we are in for a ride is right.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    everyone looks at me like im chicken little. im unsure why everyone thinks this nation is so precious and is -too big to fail-, ive heard that line before. wanna talk history? lets talk about all the other great nations through the ages that failed.

thinking were protected and insulated from this stuff is dangerous and ignorant. safety in hiding behind the constitution? also dangerous and ignorant. also a matter of history, as its been altered and adjusted and even disabled at times. suspension of habeas corpus anyone?

the entire nation is now leaning left, because people cant see the forest for the trees. when the biggest motivators for voters is gay rights and putting the wealthy in their place because they have more, thats a problem. this nation as a whole is POORLY short-sighted with no long-term goals, agenda, or plan.

i blame the consumers for that one, as the economy has turned from quality product manufacturing into a disposable society. i dont know how many times i watch people buy inferior products a dozen times, when one quality product would have lasted them a life time.
    for example - tools.
    say a person buys import wrenches, that break in a month. now they have to buy them again, INSTEAD of buying the quality part that lasts a lifetime.
    a co worker of mine told me shed rather spend ten bucks on a ****ty pizza, rather than 15 on quality. why? -i dont have the money-
    instead of waiting a day or week til she did, she chooses instant gratification.
    and now, the pizza joint that is EASILY the best in the midwest, a small local business, is now struggling, exactly because of this mindset.

dont get me wrong, im all for gay marriage, legal pot, and whatever social/libertarian issue you can come up with. i identify with liberalism because it fits my own agenda, however theres bigger matters at play right now. our survivability as a nation takes precedence over social issues.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    So you agree to jump through various new legal hoops to prove you are fit to own a gun.

And while at work somebody breaks in and steals yours.

Or worse, kills a legal gun owner and takes them.

How are all those new laws going to stop the now (illegal) possessor from attempting a mass shooting?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What about making them tougher to get? Like going thru the ccw process at minimum to buy one maybe? Maybe it really shouldn't be quite as easy as it is. Recent events are putting me at a questionable stance on this topic. What if to buy one you had to pass some type of means test or something and have a license just to own. I don't agree with an outright ban. But there is a happy medium somewhere. I also agree to some extent that if more law abiding citizens are armed, the crazys will get few shots off. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. But the person who said we are in for a ride is right.
    What part of "Shall not be infringed" do you fail to comprehend?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Really, if somebody wanted a gun, even if they were banned completely, all they would have to do is go to a streetcorner in that usually avoided section of town, and ask what the going price is and when the exchange will take place.

And it's a good thing police depts and military units never have stuff go missing.........

Make guns (or types) illegal and watch the black market boom.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What if to buy one you had to pass some type of means test or something and have a license just to own.

jman, answer me this: where have your ideas worked? New Jersey? New York? Chicago? All those places have your ideas, all those places are miserable failures of those ideas.

We did have means testing and it was used to prevent African Americans from obtaining arms. Same with licensing. It is unconstitutional and feckless public policy.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    Would this have happened if guns were banned. Quite possibly. Still, something needs to be done to at least attempt to keep guns away from people like this. I AM a gun owner. But I'm not ignorant enough that I refuse to see the other side.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    the most dangerous weapon of all is people. how about we start regulating that?

YES!!!!!!! Wife and I had that discussion this morning. I might start a petition that we should require a license before people breed.

(Purple? Maybe.....Maybe Not. I will let you decide.)

Top Bottom