• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    More people are killed annually in automobile accidents than by firearms, either intentionally or accidentally. Perhaps we should have car buy back programs to get those dangerous cars off the street?

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Today the talking heads and pundits are all demanding stricter gun controls. Like that is going to stop the violence? Think about all the school shootings. Did all of these shooters obtain the weapons in their own names through legitimate channels? NO! The answer is not stricter gun control through legislation and I don't know what the answer is. Whoever comes up with the answer will probably win the Nobel Peace Prize. Until then all we can do is be vigilant and maybe we can stop the next incident from happening by recognizing the threat and intervening.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I think that we as Americans need to come together to work out an issue to all of the causes of this issue. We need to focus on mental health programs, violent video games, firearms, and other causes to this issue.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    1) Lets propose a bill that bans all criminals from having guns...2) lets ban criminals from having semiautomatic guns...3)then lets add in the bill that you cant get a suppressor or automatic assault weapon without special permission from the atf making sure the process will take six months...4) then add into the bill that people cant steal guns to use them...5) then add into the bill that if you steal a gun that you are not allowed to shoot people with it....6) also make it a rule that you cant have a gun on school property...if we had these kind of laws in place then all of this could have been prevented...<facepalm>

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I think that we as Americans need to come together to work out an issue to all of the causes of this issue. We need to focus on mental health programs, violent video games, firearms, and other causes to this issue.

dont start that **** about violent video games. im 30, so im of the -millenial generation.- ive been exposed to the same crap as these psychos. i played DOOM at like, 12. have been a fan of violent games since. movies too. admittedly im de-sentized to blood when its on screen.

however, this isnt on screen. this is real, and i have no detachment from the tragedy of recent occurrences, as opposed to the enjoyment of causing them in a virtual world. blaming games and movies is horse****, and a liberal excuse.

im a farm boy. my parents are baby boomers, both born in 47. theyre also from farm backgrounds, and the children of immigrants. when they grew up, their world was small, one of personal responsibility. their values were passed to me. my mother taught me, from a young age. i was able to read at age 4, and its because she read to me. my father showed me the value of hard work, dedication, persistence, and both showed me what resilience actually means. only know do I know how much they personally sacrificed to give to me.

so i am proud to say that i have old world values and upbringing. there are few of my age that can honestly say that. i dislike children, but sometimes i want to breed just so SOMEONE in this damn world will have my values.

so, my thoughts are, if you really want to lay blame, lay it at the feet of the parents. we wont ever know on this particular case, but my gut says, if parents stopped being selfish pricks and were more selfless in their efforts to create a productive member of society, wed have a better civilization.

Trav43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northern Shelby county
    Instead of argueing with the libs, antis,whatever you want to call them, maybe we should remind them of their soft on crime and free love dissolve the family stance is truly what caused all this mess. And then ask them what will they blame for the failure of their ideals when crimes become even more grizzly because of the weapon becomes a sword or knife or hatchet, baseball bat etc... Then ask why do they think that every no future kid that decides to commit suicide has to upscale from the last suicide shooter out there?? These are the subjects we should be on the offensive about.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    We are SCREWED.

Medical Examiner just said all dead children/teachers were shot with .223 rounds fired from a Bushmaster AR.

I don't think anyone is screwed, we just need to keep track of all guns we own and keep them out of the hands of mentally disturbed people that want to leave a infamous mark on history by killing a bunch of innocent people. Gun control is up to citizens like us to control our own guns, not the Govt.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Arguing w the incompetent isn't how I want to spend my day. I'm out

Would this have happened if guns were banned. Quite possibly. Still, something needs to be done to at least attempt to keep guns away from people like this. I AM a gun owner. But I'm not ignorant enough that I refuse to see the other side.

Yes you are. If you had any grasp of the Constitution or the difference between a right and a privilege, or the historically constant consequences of disarming a population you would never have made two such asinine posts.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I don't think anyone is screwed, we just need to keep track of all guns we own and keep them out of the hands of mentally disturbed people that want to leave a infamous mark on history by killing a bunch of innocent people. Gun control is up to citizens like us to control our own guns, not the Govt.

so... registration.. when the murderer drops his weapon, it can be traced back to him? :dunno:

as far as being mentally disturbed, thats a progressive term. ive posed this question elsewhere, who decides what is mentally disturbed?
    the gov? thats fascism.
    the public? thats communism.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    so... registration.. when the murderer drops his weapon, it can be traced back to him? :dunno:

as far as being mentally disturbed, thats a progressive term. ive posed this question elsewhere, who decides what is mentally disturbed?
    the gov? thats fascism.

I didn't read it as a call to register guns, just personal responsibility in keeping track of personal property.

I could be wrong; maybe Indy60 could clarify?

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Well Its illegal to have a gun on school property. And that is a gov property gun free zone that won't change. But we can try to change the minds of the malls and other businesses that have that pesky sign that by rights disarms honest, law abiding armed citizens. In Indiana, Simon Malls owns almost all the major malls. They have that sign. In my opinion that says to evil doers come on in no one will stop you. I mean the "security guards" don't have guns. By rights if an establishment has that sign they are obligated to have the means to keep you safe, that means armed guards. I visited their corperate website and there is a link that says security comments. I say we flood that link with emails urging them to drop this policy or face lost revenue, money talks. Also we should go to the NRA with this link and have a backing that is bigger than all of us. And keep on the lookout for that sign and any company that has it post it here we will flood their websites as well.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN

the gov? thats fascism.

Where did I say registration? I said keep track of your guns as in -lock them up, be responsible to who has access to the armory keys.

Did I say the Govt has the say so of who is sane? NO! You be the judge before loaning your .223 out to one of your wacko relatives.

Communism? How do you get that from me calling us collectively public citizens capable of self control ans self government?

Reading comprehension is a learned ability.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    If our president wants to take action that will ensure what happened in Connecticut won't happen again, all he has to do is provide armed security guards and metal detectors for schools. Many schools especially in larger metropolitan areas already have guards and metal detectors. That's why we haven't had mass shootings at inner city schools. Most school systems don't have this money in their budget. If security for our children is a priority, we need to recognize that priority in school budgets and state budgets for schools. Please know that I don't normally want the government involved in our schools, but they are involved in public schools anyway. I am suggesting this as a solution for those clamoring for action. If people want a solution to this problem, then they cannot deny sufficient security in the schools can prevent mass shootings.

JamieQ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    We are SCREWED.

Medical Examiner just said all dead children/teachers were shot with .223 rounds fired from a Bushmaster AR.

Sure does seem strange that as of yesterday that .223 was in the trunk of the car and handguns were the only weapons used. Oh and add to that the helicopter footage of officers removing that rifle from the trunk. Sounds pretty convenient to me that the weapons somehow changed with the UN small arms treaty coming back around soon.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    What is the one glaring fact here? NO ONE SHOT BACK. NO ONE RETURNED FIRE. The shooter started it and ended it. He killed the gun owner, forced entry into the "gun free zone" and proceeded to mow down CHILDREN. The school safety policy was to keep it locked down, no one was given entry without being buzzed in. That's good but it didn't protect them. We cannot prevent crazy people from doing crazy things, that is why we own guns! It is so that when a crazy person decides to show up, it is not our children that fall.

On Monday morning I will send the people who are most precious to me in this world back to their schools. I want an armed officer there to stand guard. I want the person who is the BEST on the force there to protect them. I want a K-9 officer with a keen eye and sixth sense keeping a watchful eye on that building full of precious innocence. Where did we miss that being an important part of our lives??? Protect our kids???

Top Bottom