• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Idiot will brag about doing it and that is how he'll be caught.... I hope.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Stupid, he has probably posted on FB by now.
    Hopefully this person will be apprehended and given the full force of the law.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What an *******.

crying_eagle.jpg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Catching him won't undue the damage. According the USFWS, in 2006 there were only 68 breeding pairs in Indiana.

US Census has shown unfortunately there are thousands of breeding IDIOTS in the state of Indiana... I don't understand people who can't see and appreciate the natural beauty of things like the Eagle...

Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    It is a very sad thing to hear and see, but that picture wasn't of the eagle shot. If it might have been a juvinile bird, they're not that distinctive yet and could have easily been mistaken for another breed like a hawk or something (not that it's any better, but you get my point).

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    It is a very sad thing to hear and see, but that picture wasn't of the eagle shot. If it might have been a juvinile bird, they're not that distinctive yet and could have easily been mistaken for another breed like a hawk or something (not that it's any better, but you get my point).

It doesn't matter, all raptors are protected by law, just like the owl I posted on here last month. What really makes me wonder is I am close to Eminence, and had that owl shot close to my house. Serial bird killer?

I have been seeing a young eagle lately, I think I am going to try to trace its routes, and keep an eye on it. It seems to really like dead trees, since it is usually perched in 2 that are about three miles apart, if it is the same eagle.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    wow... what kind of moron would do that?? i figured it was pretty widely know that that species is having troubles, low in numbers, and protected!! id like to get ahold of that kind of person for sure

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    A couple years ago I watched a pair of eagles soar along white river in green county a few times. While early archery hunting. Absolutely beautiful. Since then I think I read that someone had shot one of them as well. I caint think of any reason someone would want to kill such a magnificent bird.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    INGO has a member over in Eminence. I wonder if he knows who might have done it. I'll text him.

EDIT: Said he knew of that eagle being around and has seen it, but has not heard anything about the shooting.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom