• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a lead on a possible nesting sight with the adult pair resting in trees here in southern Indiana. I plan on trying to get some pics with a very long telephoto and 2x extender. I have seen a cell phone pic of one of the adults, definitely a bald eagle!
    I see them quite a bit down at Lake Monroe. I "shot" this one, fittingly enough, over July 4th weekend, 2010... This is the only way they should be "shot"! Actually I was pretty surprised to see one at that time of year. I usually see them early or late in the boating season, when the lake isn't too busy, and even then it's generally on the idle zone side, east of 446. This guy was on the "fast" side.

IMG_0455.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I see them quite a bit down at Lake Monroe. I "shot" this one, fittingly enough, over July 4th weekend, 2010... This is the only way they should be "shot"! Actually I was pretty surprised to see one at that time of year. I usually see them early or late in the boating season, when the lake isn't too busy, and even then it's generally on the idle zone side, east of 446. This guy was on the "fast" side.

IMG_0455.jpg

Great pic! I've had the pleasure of seeing 3 bald eagles in the wild but have never had the opportunity to get a pic. All 3 times were while driving down a 2 lane rural highway in IL in my semi and no place to stop to take a pic. :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Been out to the area and saw the nesting pair. The male was on the edge of a field in a tree but very far away and really not able to be photographed. Saw the female on the nest, she was HUGE! A friend and I are kicking around renting some big glass to get some shots. My 70-200 with a 2x extender wasn't enough to get close. Gonna try a 300 - 2.8 and see what we get. The only place we could get really long is out of INDY they got a 400 - 2.8, 500 4.0 and a 600 F4. Those are all way higher and a very long trip to use for a day and return. We will see.

boonedock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    DECATUR Co.

IMG_0455.jpg
    Awesome pic!! We have 2 nesting on our lake, have taken pics with our Digital camera but they never come out good...That nest they have is HUGE!
    Why, why would anyone one want to shoot one of these, they are BEAUTIFUL!

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    I can't even imagine how someone could knowingly do this. I would be thrilled to even see one around my area. One killing like this could cause a ripple in rebuilding their numbers.

Top Bottom