• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I live in eminence...didn't hear anything but that doesn't mean anything. Ill keep eyes and ears open. Its sad because I had a bald eagle sitting in a tree in my backyard last summer. It was neat to just sit there and watch it

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It's like the idiot who shot that kid who was going paintballing with his family. If the person didn't realize he was shooting an eagle, he shouldn't have shot it. Don't shoot unless you know what you're shooting at! Duh!

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Saw quite a few Baldies on a fishing trip up in Eagle River Wisconsin. First time i've ever seen them in the wild. Absolutely beautiful. Can't imagine why anyone would kill such an amazing creature. Sickens me.

Hope he rots in jail.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    We see them from time to time in Bartholomew Co. Would a good ol' fashion beating with a rubber hose be ok with the LEO's on this one? PLEASE!!!!! I won't ask again anytime soon. I promise.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    What goes around comes around, this guy will most likely end up shooting himself because he does not how to use a firearm properly..

And with all of us all over Indiana.... not looking to good for his "bragging rights"

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    ...Would a good ol' fashion beating with a rubber hose be ok with the LEO's on this one? PLEASE!!!!! I won't ask again anytime soon. I promise.

Forget about a rubber hose. How about a flogging with an ax handle , then have to work in an injured eagle rescue facility for 2 years.

How infuriating. I am trying to rationalize how this can even happen. Sounds like something a kid would do. I find it hard to believe that an adult would do this knowing fully what the eagle represents and the consequences (maybe not the specific penalty, but knowing they are not going to be handing out any "adda boys") for having anything to do with their demise. Unless I am mistaken, it is illegal to even possess a feather. Totally not cool...

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I so hope they find the idiot that did this and let them have it............... not one reason I can think of to shoot and bald eagle, hawk or owl.......... just so sensless :(

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    truth be known the idiot thought it was a buzzard what a shame i hope the find the person(s) responsible ....................... and send them to prison......................

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Saw quite a few Baldies on a fishing trip up in Eagle River Wisconsin. First time i've ever seen them in the wild. Absolutely beautiful. Can't imagine why anyone would kill such an amazing creature. Sickens me.

Hope he rots in jail.

My youngest sister went to school at U of W Stout. (Wisconsin) She said the eagles were /are quite plentiful there. She even had one scare the poo out of her one time by swooping down on her, as she ran along the river. After that she covered her ponytail.:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I have a lead on a possible nesting sight with the adult pair resting in trees here in southern Indiana. I plan on trying to get some pics with a very long telephoto and 2x extender. I have seen a cell phone pic of one of the adults, definitely a bald eagle!

Top Bottom