• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So; you're saying Trump encouraging manufacturing, with its higher pay and low barriers to entry, over service sector jobs (including taking on the Chinese and discouraging off-shoring) is no better for the black demographic or the deplorable demographic than what a Democrat would bring to the table?

I don't even limit that to the current crop of Democrats. What did Obama do to increase the opportunity for the non-elite to have a job that would offer a middle-class standard of living? Attack coal mining? Stifle the energy sector? Give up on the manufacturing problem by admitting defeat and saying "Those jobs aren't coming back"? It's about the people the globalists left behind, some of whom happen to be black (or brown or red or ....). What's wrong with seeking to form a winning coalition of people who believe in America and equality of opportunity, that you make your own luck?
    Trump rejected the “New Norm” doctrine.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    401K changes spook me, government taking my stocks and replacing them with a restricted government bond of some kind. I withdrew some right before the 2016 election and bought a gun with it so I could say that I at least got something for my effort.

Google U.S.A. plan.

Universal Security Accounts for all americans.
    It **WILL** scare you cause that is what the .Gov wants to replace as with.

Short summary to sell to the masses.
    .Gov takes all 401k and savings everyone has.
    Ya get all cc, car, medical loans forgiven.
    Everyone gets xyz into a savings account that the .Gov has that you get when you retire. :)

The masses who dont work will live it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Google U.S.A. plan.

Everyone gets xyz into a savings account that the .Gov has that you get when you retire. :)

You might want to provide a link, because I got to page 6 of the google search on 'U.S.A. plan' and page 5 of searching 'usa plan' without seeing anything much. Even googling on 'USA plan to raid 401Ks' didn't turn up much

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Google U.S.A. plan.

I have personally been predicting for 25 years that at some point the politicians and governments that lust for money would take notice of the massive amounts of money in retirement accounts and propose a super social security and take the money...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, they always called Social Security the 'third rail' of politics

I think taking peoples retirement savings would be the 'thirty round mag' of politics

Plus would have to get all three branches on board. I would hope SCOTUS would be the hardest to convince. One more reason to want strict constructionists parsing the 4th and 5th amendment

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Google U.S.A. plan.

Based on that information, allowing the government so much control over your fiscal future would very easily set the pre-conditions for a Chinese style social credit system. Don't like [insert party/politician/policy here]? Shared a meme we disapprove of? Tweet something politically inconvenient? Sorry, I guess you get to wait another 5 years until you can retire?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Based on that information, allowing the government so much control over your fiscal future would very easily set the pre-conditions for a Chinese style social credit system. Don't like [insert party/politician/policy here]? Shared a meme we disapprove of? Tweet something politically inconvenient? Sorry, I guess you get to wait another 5 years until you can retire?

But but but.…..this is what the snowflakes want now.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Trump pandered hard to evangelicals. Famously failed the language test much like many Democrats have done with blacks. Like Joe’s “they gonna keep y’all in chains.” Trump, with his “two Corinthians...”

I've never said anything about that "two Corinthians" business here on INGO, but at the church I went to growing up, that was the way it was said. As an adult, I learned that most churches say "Second Corinthians". On the rare occasion that I talk about religion and mention that portion of the Bible, I typically say it the way Trump did.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Looks like there may some fire to go with that smoke.

WASHINGTON — Democrats are getting increasingly worried that black Americans with an uneven voting history may tune out Democratic candidates in 2020, as fringe messaging campaigns and disinformation breed cynicism over what the party has done for black Americans.

Democratic National Committee sources told BuzzFeed News the party is tracking a new set of loosely organized online movements that officials believe are trying to steer black voters away from the party or from voting altogether. The groups are varied in their approach, but share a common thread of deep suspicion of the Democratic Party and an apparent determination to seize upon the hypersensitive political moment in a country with a deeply troubled racial past.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/darrensands/black-voters-2020-democrats-ados-blexit

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There does seem to be some noticeable racial strife brewing within the Democrat party lately.

They’ve been kinda turning on their own with some racist accusations floating around that they normally would predominantly reserve for Republicans.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Well, I guess some tend to get a little upset if old, white billionaires are willing to spend their own money to get their names in the headlines, while others who can't rise from the bottom of the polls need to blame someone to maintain their self-esteem. I'm certain their lack of received attention had nothing to do with an abrasive personality. After all, her opinions/plans were obviously the best, something or someone else must have been involved to keep her down. It wasn't her fault, it couldn't be.

And apparently, if you are part of the proletariat, how dare you ask the next leader of the free world about a lingering controversy involving his son. You might get challenged to a push-up contest, or a running contest, or an IQ test from a 77 year old man!

Between Joe and Nancy yesterday, I don't know which was more...interesting.

What a train wreck.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    There does seem to be some noticeable racial strife brewing within the Democrat party lately.

They’ve been kinda turning on their own with some racist accusations floating around that they normally would predominantly reserve for Republicans.
    You mean that when a party castigates others for a lack of diversity, and paints wealth as a sin, has their top 4 candidates be affluent white people, that might be an issue?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You mean that when a party castigates others for a lack of diversity, and paints wealth as a sin, has their top 4 candidates be affluent white people, that might be an issue?
    That seems to be one of the issues currently permeating with the party.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Right Jessie and Al should be allowed to support Dems and campaign in black Churches all they want.

From the surreal side of the world, the leftists all have their underwear in a bunch, why? Trump spoke at the invitation of black pastors at a black church in the last week or so, just as you note above. Cannot imagine Bush, McCain, and Romney getting that invitation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From the surreal side of the world, the leftists all have their underwear in a bunch, why? Trump spoke at the invitation of black pastors at a black church in the last week or so, just as you note above. Cannot imagine Bush, McCain, and Romney getting that invitation.

Why is that hard to imagine? Especially since Bush (also as a sitting president) did exactly that. And Romney and McCain have both been invited to speak to the NAACP, with the former accepting the invitation. Trump getting an invitation doesn't seem surreal at all.

Top Bottom