• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why is that hard to imagine? Especially since Bush (also as a sitting president) did exactly that. And Romney and McCain have both been invited to speak to the NAACP, with the former accepting the invitation. Trump getting an invitation doesn't seem surreal at all.

Yes, I too knew they had done just as you indicate. What is surreal is the energy and response of this event compared to the ones you mention. This was not an obligatory type appearance on either party like the Bush NAACP speeches. These pastors invited and wanted their followers to hear the President, some of them are open supporters of his reelection campaign.

The press knew it was different, instead of laughing off an ineffectual overture to the black community the press either ignored or pounced on the pastors, calling it a campaign rally. I wish I could post a link that would show the difference, but the best I can do is tell you that I have been a follower of politics for years and this just has a different feel to me, how that translates is anyone's guess.

I believe we may be on the cusp of a very logical but earthshaking political realignment. The democrat party long ago left the values of the black community, particularly the church supporting. Evidenced by the California proposition on gay marriage, it was defeated lead by the black community voting 60-80% against, democrats overturned the will of the people. The republican elite left the values of the so called evangelicals, flyover country, small business, and blue collar workers. Think Paul Ryan and Koch brothers with their free trade with communist governments looking to hurt the US and uncurbed legal and illegal immigration.

I think the message to the black community is WELCOME TO THE NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And they are back, this time Pence is celebrating MLK and praying with very welcoming and influential black leaders. To preempt Kut, sure they set this up, but if GWB could have, wouldn't he?

The Pence introduction was revealing as to how they really view him.

One part of the event not highlighted or quoted in media stands out. One of the passionate speakers who introduced Pence, praising his humility as a brother, said, “One thing I love about this man of God is, if you don’t know, he is one of the most persecuted Christians in America. The biggest criticism that he gets all over television and everywhere else is that he actually believes the Bible. … They hate him for believing the Bible.”

He spoke of meeting Pence and his wife and how they prayed together. He praised him for holding a weekly Bible study in his home. He continued, “But as the vice president of the United States, he came here as a brother in Christ. He didn’t come here to campaign, he said he just wanted to come to worship and celebrate my hero, Martin Luther King Jr.”

The entire article is a good read...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/24/gay-activists-attack-homophobic-black-ministers-mlk-day-sermon/

But one thing is clear the Trump administration has a much deeper relationship with the black community than any previous republican administration. The leftists attacking black churches for ther beliefs will just further that relationship...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This information is admittedly from the Trump campaign but if this is true, and I would expect that with all the raging TDS others are seeing this too and would debunk it if they could.

Out of more than
    20,000 identified voters who came to a recent Trump rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 57.9 percent did not have a history of voting for Republicans. Remarkably, 4,413 attendees didn’t even vote in the last election — a clear indication that President Trump is energizing Americans who were previously not engaged in politics.The Milwaukee rally wasn’t exceptional in that respect. It was just like other rallies the president has held all over the country.

Nearly 22 percent of identified supporters at President Trump’s rally in Toledo, Ohio, were Democrats, and another 21 percent were independents. An astounding 15 percent of identified voters who saw the president speak in Battle Creek, Michigan, has not voted in any of the last four elections. In Hershey, Pennsylvania, just over 20 percent of identified voters at the rally were Democrats, and 18 percent were non-white.

The list of jaw-dropping rally statistics goes on. And on. And on.

https://townhall.com/columnists/bra...ow-a-clear-winning-coalition-in-2020-n2560202

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And they are back, this time Pence is celebrating MLK and praying with very welcoming and influential black leaders. To preempt Kut, sure they set this up, but if GWB could have, wouldn't he?

The Pence introduction was revealing as to how they really view him.

One part of the event not highlighted or quoted in media stands out. One of the passionate speakers who introduced Pence, praising his humility as a brother, said, “One thing I love about this man of God is, if you don’t know, he is one of the most persecuted Christians in America. The biggest criticism that he gets all over television and everywhere else is that he actually believes the Bible. … They hate him for believing the Bible.”

He spoke of meeting Pence and his wife and how they prayed together. He praised him for holding a weekly Bible study in his home. He continued, “But as the vice president of the United States, he came here as a brother in Christ. He didn’t come here to campaign, he said he just wanted to come to worship and celebrate my hero, Martin Luther King Jr.”

The entire article is a good read...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/24/gay-activists-attack-homophobic-black-ministers-mlk-day-sermon/

But one thing is clear the Trump administration has a much deeper relationship with the black community than any previous republican administration. The leftists attacking black churches for ther beliefs will just further that relationship...

Uhhhhh.... Lincoln? Just throwing that out there. Keep in mind Black people were steadfast Republicans until about middle to late of the last century. Though Lincoln wouldn't be a Republican by today's standards.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Uhhhhh.... Lincoln? Just throwing that out there. Keep in mind Black people were steadfast Republicans until about middle to late of the last century. Though Lincoln wouldn't be a Republican by today's standards.

The promises they were given by democrats to come over haven't materialized... maybe we are seeing the pendulum swing?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That may be true. If I can as boldly declare a projection about someone dead for 155 years, as if today's standards have any bearing on the understanding of a person from mid 1860's, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be a democrat either.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That may be true. If I can as boldly declare a projection about someone dead for 155 years, as if today's standards have any bearing on the understanding of a person from mid 1860's, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be a democrat either.

If using his contemporary notions, which I'm assuming is why you think he'd be disqualified from today's Democrat party, no. How about this, he would closer to today's Democrat party than he would be to the Republican?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The promises they were given by democrats to come over haven't materialized... maybe we are seeing the pendulum swing?

What promises? I am unaware of these promises that Democrats have made to the Black community. But if has anything to do with Cadillacs and gator shoes, I'm gonna be mad that I hadn't been made aware of it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If using his contemporary notions, which I'm assuming is why you think he'd be disqualified from today's Democrat party, no. How about this, he would closer to today's Democrat party than he would be to the Republican?

I'm not saying he'd be disqualified from the Democratic Party, although he would be. I think it's a fools errand to believe one knows the mind of someone dead for so long, and that they could make sense of today. What you're suggesting is far too speculative, and closer to the fools errand. I'll just stick to what I said. I don't think he'd think well of either party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What promises? I am unaware of these promises that Democrats have made to the Black community. But if has anything to do with Cadillacs and gator shoes, I'm gonna be mad that I hadn't been made aware of it.

I think he's talking about LBJ.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Kut, God love you, can't we just for the sake of internet brevity please just assume, that a post like this pertains to the contemporary times we live and have lived in without every poster have to type out an extra paragraph of disclaimers, we are a contemporary site, not a history site for which differentiation would be needed.

I'm with Jamil, no way to assign a political party to even the beliefs of a guy long dead.

I can tell you this, most blacks are not democrats, they just don't know it, this is based on polling of issues that matter to them and the Trump campaign is trying to help them find a home as the Democratic Party goes off the rails. BTW, union members didn't know they were not democrats until the last election...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kut, God love you, can't we just for the sake of internet brevity please just assume, that a post like this pertains to the contemporary times we live and have lived in without every poster have to type out an extra paragraph of disclaimers, we are a contemporary site, not a history site for which differentiation would be needed.

I'm with Jamil, no way to assign a political party to even the beliefs of a guy long dead.

I can tell you this, most blacks are not democrats, they just don't know it, this is based on polling of issues that matter to them and the Trump campaign is trying to help them find a home as the Democratic Party goes off the rails. BTW, union members didn't know they were not democrats until the last election...

Well, not so fast. If the dead person has a social security number I'm pretty sure he/she votes Democrat these days.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have to argue this ^ . I've been in a union for 22 yrs and have never voted Dem. I will bet in my field of work Rep. out number Dems.

Similar to what I said to Kut, I didn't add a paragraph of disclaimers that this type of post means most or many I certainly realize it would never apply 100%...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Similar to what I said to Kut, I didn't add a paragraph of disclaimers that this type of post means most or many I certainly realize it would never apply 100%...
    I understand, But when your Union and everyone *****es about Unions its hard sometimes to not say something. Not that you were *****ing, but you know what I mean

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow! New Jersey Data:

? 158,632 Requested Tickets (92,841 distinct signups)

? 73,482 Voters Identified

? 10.4% Didn't Vote in 2016

? 26.3% Democrats

Mind boggling. ??
    ?

Brad Parscale - Text TRUMP to 88022 (@parscale)
    January 29, 2020

Why would a registered democrat be at a Trump rally that is really hard to even get in to?

Why are people who didn't even make it to vote in the most contentious election of our lifetimes at a Trump rally?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do they have to fill out a questionnaire to get a ticket?

I have not done it, but yes, they fill out their name and address and cell phone number at a minimum. With name and address the can cross reference voters on the voters rolls. Know which party they are registered to, and when they have or have not voted. All public information...

These rallies serve a multitude of purposes, one is the Trump team is attempting to build the largest supporter database in election history. They can then target text, email, and even phone calls to get out their vote and have their supporters work to enlarge the vote.

The rallies themselves raise tremendous local news not filtered by the MSM, while supporting local candidates that support the Trump agenda. They were a huge success in 2016 and are being leveraged to be even more effective in 2020. I guarantee every democrat gets sick to their stomach every time they hear the words Trump Rally...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom