• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    RULE 5. DISQUALIFICATION
    The court shall determine if the prospective jurors are qualified to serve, or, if disabled but otherwise qualified, could serve with reasonable accommodation. In order to serve as a juror, a person shall state under oath or affirmation that he or she is:
    (a) a citizen of the United States;
    (b) at least eighteen (18) years of age;
    (c) a resident of the summoning county;
    (d) able to read, speak, and understand, the English language;
    (e) not suffering from a physical or mental disability that prevents him or her from rendering satisfactory jury service;
    (f) not under a guardianship appointment because of mental incapacity;
    (g) not a person who has had rights to vote revoked by reason of a felony conviction and whose rights to vote have not been restored; and
    (h) not a law enforcement officer, if the trial is for a criminal case.

If an LEO gets called, it's a waste of everyone's time as you can't sit on the jury for a criminal case.

I always had issue with that law. Sure LEOS would be dismissed, but to outright excluded them? I never liked that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I always had issue with that law. Sure LEOS would be dismissed, but to outright excluded them? I never liked that.

You have a problem with being summoned, Being hassled calling in for a day or two as you put the days plans on hold in case you get called, getting picked and going downtown to sit in the council room for half a day, only to be essentially guaranteed that you'll be dismissed the minute you reach the interview with council? Why not save all the steps and simply not play the game to begin with since its most likely a losing bet?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You have a problem with being summoned, Being hassled calling in for a day or two as you put the days plans on hold in case you get called, getting picked and going downtown to sit in the council room for half a day, only to be essentially guaranteed that you'll be dismissed the minute you reach the interview with council? Why not save all the steps and simply not play the game to begin with since its most likely a losing bet?

Sounds exactly like being the officer making the arrest and/or being an assistng officer. At $55 ish/hr I don't always complain about going to court.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I may not actually want to serve on a jury, but just because I don't want to do it, doesn't mean the opportunity should forever be forbidden to me.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I may not actually want to serve on a jury, but just because I don't want to do it, doesn't mean the opportunity should forever be forbidden to me.

Agreed
    It's perfectly understandable why so few people want to serve in that capacity when requested, but two things bear consideration regarding jury duty:
    1) Generally speaking (yes, there are exceptions), those asked to serve are chosen because they have been more or less model citizens.
    2) If most of the decent people asked to serve consistently successfully avoid serving, the only people left will be the bozos BBI mentions upthread who believe that each case is a CSI TV show.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Shooter is now wanting a change of venue because he feels he can't get a fair trial in Marion County. Well Lt. Allen didn't get a fair trial either scumbag. Suck it up. I'll just leave it at "Suck it up" because this is a family friendly site. :xmad:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Shooter is now wanting a change of venue because he feels he can't get a fair trial in Marion County. Well Lt. Allen didn't get a fair trial either scumbag. Suck it up. I'll just leave it at "Suck it up" because this is a family friendly site. :xmad:

suck it up buttercup

that's what I always say :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He will be looked at for what he is no matter where he goes. If he is paying for his legal then yes, ask for venue change. If the taxpayers are providing then suck it up *****.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Oh, we'd be glad to host the trial in Johnson County. Real glad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh, we'd be glad to host the trial in Johnson County. Real glad.

This story got national attention, and really, in the internet age where information is at nearly everyone's fingertips, is a change of venue even relevant anymore? But yes, given Marion County's swinging door justice system, PLEASE take him to somewhere else where criminals aren't given the keys to the city.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    suck it up buttercup

that's what I always say :):

I watch American Pickers a lot on the History channel and one time, after they had made an offer that the seller apparently thought was much too low a price, he said, "Well bless your heart." He said, "My wife makes me say that. She says I shouldn't tell people '**** you'." :):

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I watch American Pickers a lot on the History channel and one time, after they had offered someone that the seller apparently was much too low a price, he said, "Well bless your heart." He said, "My wife makes me say that. She says I shouldn't tell people '**** you'." :):
    :):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    He will be looked at for what he is no matter where he goes. If he is paying for his legal then yes, ask for venue change. If the taxpayers are providing then suck it up *****.

I would respectfully disagree. Everyone charged with a crime, especially one as serious as murder, deserves as fair a trial as possible. That should be regardless of income. Even if the accused is a cowardly cop-killing piece of garbage. Allegedly.

Top Bottom