• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I don't find this to be far fetched. He's always struck me as Bond villain-esque.

I mentioned the launch to my daughter and she commented that he was a guest on one of the late-night shows and the host actually began by commenting that he could possibly be a European super-villain. Musk simply replied that he agreed, so he has a sense of humor about it.

Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    Been an Elon Musk fan boy for a while now. Love what he has done with Tesla, The Boring Company, Solar City and obviously SpaceX. What a wonderful Mastermind.

I only wish he would have put solar panels on the mounting for the car. Imagine years from now jumping on YouTube (or whatever platform the future holds) and showing the next generation a car flying through space.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Live video from Starman, as of the time I posted this. You can see Earth go by occasionally.

[video=youtube;aBr2kKAHN6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M[/video]

Favorite comment so far: "2182, Aliens find it, presses horn, La Cucaracha plays. 2183 Earth invaded."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm watching that live feed as the earth slowly rotates in front of the windshield and gives the illusion like the guy is driving towards it.

Truly remarkable.

Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    Live video from Starman, as of the time I posted this. You can see Earth go by occasionally.

[video=youtube;aBr2kKAHN6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M[/video]

Favorite comment so far: "2182, Aliens find it, presses horn, La Cucaracha plays. 2183 Earth invaded."

I was wondering why we kept seeing the earth go from drivers right to left. Was the vehicle in a spiral or was it tumbling?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was wondering why we kept seeing the earth go from drivers right to left. Was the vehicle in a spiral or was it tumbling?

The car appears to be slowly rotating about its vertical axis (flat spin). If there is motion about the other two, it's subtle

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was in FL about 25 miles from the space shuttle launch one time. Did not know it was going off. We were in the pool and a huge fireball went straight up into that clouds. Then a few mins later a big rumble came through. Then I was sad I missed it

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I was in FL about 25 miles from the space shuttle launch one time. Did not know it was going off. We were in the pool and a huge fireball went straight up into that clouds. Then a few mins later a big rumble came through. Then I was sad I missed it

The sounds generated by those things is tremendous! I've never seen a launch, though. :(

Speaking of tremendous sound: If they didn't spray a metric crap-ton of water under the rockets when they're lit off, the sounds created would essentially liquefy the concrete in the launch pad. Let that sink in.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Breaking News!... the Tesla Roadster currently in orbit, has no brakes. Seriously, it has no brakes, no suspension, and likely no other heavy parts. It's just a shell with wheels.

Looking for a reference for this. Do you have a link you can share?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The video from the floating platform shows the smoke generated by the center core crashing not too far from the platform. Unfortunately there isn't or it hasn't been released video of the booster itself impacting the water. I am guessing the sudden cut out of the camera is it getting blasted into oblivion.

Top Bottom