Speeding on 465 and got a ticket (LEO's do it all the time!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you speed on 465?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Before I was an LEO, I was a lead-footed teen. I got so many tickets one year that I too had to take a defensive driving class...I think that was back in 1990. Of all the tickets I got, I deserved every one of them. I did get my share of warnings as well. I didn't like getting tickets, even got one for dark tint. I just accepted it as "live the life...pay the price." Politics aside, I KNEW what the speed limits were and I CHOSE to exceed them. I got away with speeding 1000x's more that the tickets I received. I understand anger at getting a ticket but it is the chance you take for choosing to speed. Make excuses all you want but the fact remains that you exercised free will and got caught.

When I was a teen back in the Dark Ages (read the as the late '80's) we used to race around 465... :popcorn:

That was a lot of fun...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    When I was a teen back in the Dark Ages (read the as the late '80's) we used to race around 465... :popcorn:

That was a lot of fun...
    Ha, we are about the same age then. I rarely drive my patrol car off-duty. I can drive my POV and not worry about getting complained on or video taped. Off-duty, I MAY have a bit of a lead foot but I have slowed down quite a bit from my youth. The Bimmer does like to stretch its legs on occasion. ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ha, we are about the same age then. I rarely drive my patrol car off-duty. I can drive my POV and not worry about getting complained on or video taped. Off-duty, I MAY have a bit of a lead foot but I have slowed down quite a bit from my youth. The Bimmer does like to stretch its legs on occasion. ;)
    My lead foot is one of the reasons I left the Cars in Europe and drive Jeeps and Pickups here... :):

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    :laugh:

If I had a fuzz buster I wouldn't have got caught..
    I knew then and I know now speeding is illegal. I still do it, just not at the speeds I was going then.
    I never said it was beneficial to take the DD course, just that I took it so I wouldn't have my license suspended.
    The fines and fees is what slowed me down, with a newborn (in 2003) I couldn't afford them.

As a teen in the 70s, We had an original Fuzzbuster which was state of the art protection back in the day, with a red light and alert tone.

fuzzbuster+4.jpg

These days, I run a hard-wired Valentine One. It identifies the type of radar, direction of radar source (front, side, rear) and the number of "bogeys" identified. Awesome little "black box!"

20015_closeup.gif

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Before I was an LEO, I was a lead-footed teen. I got so many tickets one year that I too had to take a defensive driving class...I think that was back in 1990. Of all the tickets I got, I deserved every one of them. I did get my share of warnings as well. I didn't like getting tickets, even got one for dark tint. I just accepted it as "live the life...pay the price." Politics aside, I KNEW what the speed limits were and I CHOSE to exceed them. I got away with speeding 1000x's more that the tickets I received. I understand anger at getting a ticket but it is the chance you take for choosing to speed. Make excuses all you want but the fact remains that you exercised free will and got caught.

This made me laugh. I realize how serious and straight forward it is, but the inner monologue in my head made me laugh.

And radar detectors aren't fool proof, either. Do not rely on them. If you do, you are gonna get caught and then I gotta read 20 pages about it. I have one but it's used more as a reminder than anything, but it also alerts of some ambulance and firetrucks (which I like). BTW, clean driving record here. My point? Get a haircut like me, dress like me, drive like I drive, drive what I drive and you'll be fine. Just sucks that we would all look the same.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    As a teen in the 70s, We had an original Fuzzbuster which was state of the art protection back in the day, with a red light and alert tone.

These days, I run a hard-wired Valentine One. It identifies the type of radar, direction of radar source (front, side, rear) and the number of "bogeys" identified. Awesome little "black box!"

Valentine 1's are great, I had one for years and it was awesome up until the local LEO's got laser guns. Then all the V1 did was tell me I got nailed.

Top Bottom