Speeding on 465 and got a ticket (LEO's do it all the time!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you speed on 465?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I had to ask why I got pulled over and was told it was because I did make a complete stop and that was suspicious. This thread started out about me complaining that there is no equal enforcement but I thought I would throw in my experiences of getting harrassed while FOLLOWING the law. Either ticket everyone or change the speed limit, in my opinion, which none of you seem to give a @!#@ about, is that if you allow 99 percent of the population to drive 70 on 465, why on earth would the other 1 percent not believe this is acceptable behaviour? I will never get my point across to many of you. To me this is just a way for the government to rape our pockets because the top dogs need a pay day. I am not being childish about the situation, just explaining the truth, selective enforcement is not the law!

and they can't catch nor pull over everyone. it's life. If I get caught speeding and everyone else around me is speeding, I am not going to come on here and complain. I am going to man up (so to speak) and pay my fine. I screwed up, I got the ticket.
    Life isn't fair, even I learned that at a very early age.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    and they can't catch nor pull over everyone. it's life. If I get caught speeding and everyone else around me is speeding, I am not going to come on here and complain. I am going to man up (so to speak) and pay my fine. I screwed up, I got the ticket.
    Life isn't fair, even I learned that at a very early age.

They can sit on 465 everyday and clock and pull over as many people as they can, this would be enforcing the law!

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Almost forgot, being in a line of 10 people or more, how can you accurately identify the correct speed of each car pointing from a head on direction? I say this because I got ticketed for 72mph in a 55, while I was driving 68mph. How can I be so confident? Cruise control set to 68 and a GPS that read 68, so I had to be driving 68 right?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They can sit on 465 everyday and clock and pull over as many people as they can, this would be enforcing the law!

and they can still only pull over 1 person in a line of 10. Last time I was on 465 I saw 3 cars from Brookville Road to Keystone on the north side. Every single one of them had someone pulled over. :dunno: sounds to me they are trying to get as many as they can.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    I have been harrased enough, of course I shouldn't have a record because all of the bs stops for no good reason shouldn't show on my record. Why would I even get a warning for any of the stops? I was obeying the law and got stopped!!

Next time a Leo pulls you over and asks "you know why I pulled you over?" just respond "no but you better call for back up". Works like a charm.

I know of a guy last night on a motorcycle that got arrested. His license had been suspended since 1999. The plates on the bike expired 2 years ago. He was traveling +20 over the posted speed limit.

Honest to God's truth...the first thing he said was, "Why are you ****ing with me?"

:n00b:

Rotfl that is rich. How often do they just speed away?

Btw thank you and to all leos. Be safe out there.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Ok so some time back I got pulled over for 72 in 55 on 465.

First, I agree with Gabriel's sentiment. :nopity:

Second, how long ago is "Some time back"?
    I get the feeling that this incident is old news and that it's just being brought up now to stir the pot.
    Not that anyone here would stoop to such a thing......:n00b:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Does anyone know what happened with the cop that got video taped going north on I-65 in excess of 80 MPH and the video ended up on the news?

I'll tell you what should have happened.

He should have gotten a ticket. And so should the guy that was following him video taping it. :twocents:
    He got days off (a LOT more money than a ticket) and his car taken away I believe.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Almost forgot, being in a line of 10 people or more, how can you accurately identify the correct speed of each car pointing from a head on direction? I say this because I got ticketed for 72mph in a 55, while I was driving 68mph. How can I be so confident? Cruise control set to 68 and a GPS that read 68, so I had to be driving 68 right?

Basically, the police don't care about actually getting the the RIGHT car.

Example, a friend of mine was going 55mph in the CENTER LANE on I-465.

A car passed him in the RIGHT LANE, clearly speeding.

The cop pulled my friend over!

My friend truthfully insisted that he was going 55mph, and the car that passed him in the RIGHT lane was speeding.

The cop simply said, "I pulled you over because of the two cars, you were furthest to the left." (center lane as opposed to the right lane)

All the cop cared about was pulling SOMEBODY over.
    Whether he got the RIGHT car that was actually speeding made no difference.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You deserve ALL the $hips you get ! ! !

Since my ticket, I have made it a point to get in the fast lane and drive 55 on the dot and everyone is trying to run me off the side of the road!?
    You deserve a swift kick in the gas-tank for that maneuver. Don't drive 55, like a petulant little brat. More like an SOB, I'd say. Park in the slow lane.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3L2sEFK_v4

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    For the people voting in the poll, if you drive 60mph on 465, that qualifies you as speeding.

Ok so some time back I got pulled over for 72 in 55 on 465. I was issued a ticket, even with a clean record I was not good enough to get a warning. The problem I have is NO ONE drives 55 on 465. When I was pulled over, the officer told me he pulled me over because I was the lead car, not true I was 3rd in a line of 15 or so cars all going the same speed.

My question is what type of selection process goes through an officers head when it comes time to pull someone over with so many to choose from? Was it because I am the guy from out of town and less likely to be able to make a court date and fight the ticket?

Also, how can you enforce the 55 speed limit fairly? Since my ticket, I have made it a point to get in the fast lane and drive 55 on the dot and everyone is trying to run me off the side of the road! Cars in every lane just fly by me like nothing, a lot of the time while a cop is right beside them and does not pull them over for speeding? At any given time 9 out of 10 drivers on 465 are doing 10+ over the limit and cops ignore it, so why would I think it is not ok? I say either enforce it or don't! You can't pick and choose who you want to cite, yes you can, but that is plain wrong.

One more complaint, why is it ok for cops to speed 10 or 15 over while on duty but not in route to a call? Don't tell me they have more experience driving or they took driving courses to enable them to do so.

-1 to the LEO's who write tickets for doing the same thing they do everyday. "Do as I say, not as I do"?

Story Time!!!

I was once pulled over on 37 heading north (just north of Bloomington). Speed limit, at the time was 55 mph. I was doing 65 and keeping up with the flow of traffic with 4 cars ahead of me. A state trooper happened to be sitting in the median, and pulled me over. Just me. Nobody else. After running my license and registration I received an expensive ticket. I asked the officer, "Sir, there were four other cars in front of me...why didn't you give them a ticket too?" His response was classic:

"Son, do you fish?"
    "Yessir."
    "When you go fishing, do you catch EVERY fish in the lake or pond you go to?"
    "No sir."
    "Neither do I. Have a nice day."

After that, I wasn't too awful upset about getting the ticket. As a matter of fact I laughed.

You have to understand, if you take the risk you must realize the consequence. Does it make it right that one person gets away with it and another doesn't? :dunno: But to me, complaining about it makes a person no better than what I used to hear in elementary school..."He hit me!" "He hit me first."

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    At the time of my writing this, the poll says that 33 people admit to speeding and 5 don't.

There are 5 fibbers in this thread. Hoosiers all know that 465 is the REAL motor speedway.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Like I told my daughter upon receipt of her fourth or fifth 465 ticket, if your putting on your makeup while talking on your cell phone while eating your cheeseburger while weaving in and out of traffic in a car that looks like it lost last weeks figure eight race while flipping off the people you don't think are driving the way they should or in some other sedate way attracting attention to yourself then expect said attention to have results.

Kinda like the moron that got pulled over a few years ago for an obstructed license plate because the pot in the back of the truck was stacked up so high that the leo couldn't see it taped to the back window.:laugh:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    At the time of my writing this, the poll says that 33 people admit to speeding and 5 don't.

There are 5 fibbers in this thread. Hoosiers all know that 465 is the REAL motor speedway.

I was wise, I didn't vote. When I work, I rarely go the speed limit. When I don't work, I go over some. If I get stopped, I can get a ticket.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I was wise, I didn't vote. When I work, I rarely go the speed limit. When I don't work, I go over some. If I get stopped, I can get a ticket.

I'll be honest I typically drive 70-80, sometimes faster even, mph around 465. About the only time you will see me at the Speed Limit on there is when I am in a big truck. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom