• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This happened to at EVERY Speedway I've ever been to.

clerk- "you have a speedy rewards card"
    me- "no" or "not on me" (don't go to speedway often enough to care to remember where I put the thing"

Clerk beeps their own card or a "store" card maybe

Me.....not caring then go to pump my gas

I know a dip**** woman that got fired for doing exactly that.
    Those are credits $ the company is giving back to the customer to get them back in the store to buy more merchandise.
    To have the employee take it is just like them grabbing cash out of the register. I know they were told this when they were hired.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Sure it's a scam. Just because I would give you a dollar for asking doesn't mean it's ok to reach in to my pocket and take it. It's the not asking that really set this whole thing off

My point was its not Speedway (the company) its the employee the thief. Blaming the company is the same as Liberls blaming guns and not the person who used it. :dunno:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The clerk get major plus for her reviews if you get people to use the rewards card. That is why they always ask you to use it.

My distaste for rewards cards has to do with the tracking purchases made. An older lady (friends mother) took a fall at a Kroger store. Busted hip. Wet floor video captured the wet floor and the fall. Should have been a open and stunt lawsuit case. Ultimately it was. What the store lawyers did was use what she purchased on the rewards card to discredit her in court. She her husband was a full fledged alcoholic on a major scale. (The lady did not have a drinking issue) Since her rewards card purchased included one to two half gallons of vodka per visit the lawyers used those purchases to make her seem to be questionable of being under the influence at the time of the fall.

I know lawyers are paid to do the best for those whom they are getting paid by. I often see lawyers in a bad light when these courtroom antics come to my attention. With smart phones and tracking now mainstream you really don’t understand that you can and are being tracked inside the store how long you spend in each isle. Which isle ends you stop at and tie that to what you ultimately purchase and that info is sold off.

Gee I now sound like a tin foil hat double layer internet site.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Some stores are using the Cards to apply Coupons / Discounts on you purchases ... so no card = No discount ... have seen a few places where the clerk will scan a card ( theirs or assigned to register ??? ) to give the customer the Coupon values ... Win / Win

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Some stores are using the Cards to apply Coupons / Discounts on you purchases ... so no card = No discount ... have seen a few places where the clerk will scan a card ( theirs or assigned to register ??? ) to give the customer the Coupon values ... Win / Win

Yep, I've seen that done. Usually they don't use their own card, if another customer is in line they'll ask to use theirs. Or use a new one and whoever gets that one gets the credit for it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    go to Ricker's. We take that seriously and have fired NUMEROUS people throughout the company for stealing points. Ricker points can be redeemed for anything in the store YOU wish to buy.

Rumor has it Ricker's is getting ready to build a couple of stores down here in Bedford. One, I think, is right across the highway from the Speedway store. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The only points I really care about are my Kroger fuel points. And I really care about my Kroger fuel points. May the good Lord help anyone who tries to swipe my Kroger fuel points. You'd be safer trying to take my tenderloin or pizza out of my hands while I'm eating.

Saving $36.75 on a 35 gal purchase always makes me feel tingly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have the opposite problem. I feel like I have to listen to a lecture every time I go somewhere and tell them I don't have the little card. I don't care enough about the points to carry around a different card for every store, or give them my phone number. One guy even went so far as to tell my three other co-workers to remind me to get the stupid card and set up my phone number. :n00b:

Yeah... Don't like having all those things clogging up my key ring either. The one exception is the Kroger (or down here, JC Store) points. My wife works them and often gets $1/gallon off on gasoline.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The only points I really care about are my Kroger fuel points. And I really care about my Kroger fuel points. May the good Lord help anyone who tries to swipe my Kroger fuel points. You'd be safer trying to take my tenderloin or pizza out of my hands while I'm eating.

Then when they have the 2x and 4x fuel points going on, it's almost like hitting the lottery. :D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Kroger credit card included I'm guessing.

We call those "Diesel Day". $1 off when the truck is empty is $30 or so.

That's what gas cans are for. Until my wife got her new to her vehicle, we had 2 cars with 10-12 gallon tanks. We'd take both and a couple of cans. Heck we still do.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Then when they have the 2x and 4x fuel points going on, it's almost like hitting the lottery.

Better! I've never won that much in a lottery!

We call those "Diesel Day". $1 off when the truck is empty is $30 or so.

We call it gas-can-day, especially in the summer time when it's mowing season. The other times, we're that couple pumping gas into 2 vehicles from one pump.

When my Silverado was my primary vehicle, I could get 30+ gal in it. Now I either take gas cans or we take both vehicles and fill at the same time.

Kroger credit card included I'm guessing.

Correct.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Rumor has it Ricker's is getting ready to build a couple of stores down here in Bedford. One, I think, is right across the highway from the Speedway store. :)

I know the company is building new and has plans for more new in the future. I don't remember the locations for future stores off the top of my head. They do own land for several builds, that could be a year or more out yet.

The Ricker's I work at, right across the street is a Speedway. They are busier than we are, but we also are able to sway their customers with a smile and polite service.

To get back to the OP... Speedway, per say, isn't the scam here, it is the cashier that "stole" your points.
    I do scan cards to get the "coupons" for customers that don't have a card. I immediately throw that card away if they don't want to take it. It is theft if a cashier uses their personal card on purchases of a customer. It is covered very well in training that it is theft. You will be fired for said theft. I have had to fire a staff member for this very offense. Ricker's has the system built to send an alert if cards are used multiple times in a certain time frame. Now, we don't just go by the system alert, we review video, receipts of the cashier while on duty, etc. It is not taken lightly. I won't even scan my card while on duty for my family.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    REALLY??..... A Scam??

You people have no clue as to why they scan a card if you don't have Speedy card. It's called "scan rate". The employees (cashier people) are lectured to and about asking every customer for their Speedy card. It's Speedways policy that if you are an employee that you have to ask every customer if they have their Speedy Card. If you don't have a Speedy card or present one when making a purchase, the employee will scan a card. The card they scan keeps their scan rate up which indicates to management that at they are following company policy by asking for the customer's Speedy card. They are not "stealing" your points, simply keeping their scan rate up. Employees with low scan rates don't get raises, and sometime even get terminated.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    REALLY??..... A Scam??

You people have no clue as to why they scan a card if you don't have Speedy card. It's called "scan rate". The employees (cashier people) are lectured about and forced to ask every customer if they have their Speedy Card. If you don't have a Speedy card or present one when making a purchase, the employee will scan a card. The card they scan keeps their scan rate up which indicates to management that at they are following company policy by asking for the customer's Speedy card. They are not "stealing" your points, simply keeping their scan rate up. Employees with low scan rates don't get raises, and sometime even get terminated.

That's interesting. What's the point in scanning a card that does nothing?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    REALLY??..... A Scam??

You people have no clue as to why they scan a card if you don't have Speedy card. It's called "scan rate". The employees (cashier people) are lectured about and forced to ask every customer if they have their Speedy Card. If you don't have a Speedy card or present one when making a purchase, the employee will scan a card. The card they scan keeps their scan rate up which indicates to management that at they are following company policy by asking for the customer's Speedy card. They are not "stealing" your points, simply keeping their scan rate up. Employees with low scan rates don't get raises, and sometime even get terminated.

Interesting but it is obvious from some of the posts that there is some scamming going on.

Top Bottom