• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't care as much about grammar, or spelling that's close, but I do die a little inside when people use the wrong word, like using mute for moot.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Heads up everybody...There's a new rule change to the classifieds that hasn't been posted here yet (for some reason). Apparently you have to have your phone number listed a specific way. I like to type it a certain way so that spam bots can't recognize it as a phone number (example: XX (-X XX) X -X X XX)
    But I was told I cannot do this ...fyi

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Heads up everybody...There's a new rule change to the classifieds that hasn't been posted here yet (for some reason). Apparently you have to have your phone number listed a specific way. I like to type it a certain way so that spam bots can't recognize it as a phone number (example: XX (-X XX) X -X X XX)
    I cain't find that thar space button on mey phone. I iz confooosed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If you do as you did our system will not recognize it as a phone number. Then it is visible to the masses. This puts your ad up in lights to those same masses and bypasses our efforts to keep the classifieds a users/member only sub-forum. Spam bots can not see it as it is blocked from view to non-members and sub 50 post members. So you are safe and we remain non-gunbroker.

Pretty simple really. Not listed in the rules but it will be common knowledge hopefully. No actions taken as to warnings/infractions but I will edit the numbers out if seen and PM the OP to do it properly.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Must be new? I've never posted my number.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Another forum I'm on frequently had a guy spelling so badly you couldn't read it. I want the first word he ever spells correctly to be R E T A R D. Nobody answered his question so I rewrote it properly and said "Try it this way. It won't scare people."

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just remember. Whenever you're losing an arguement on ingo, insult the other sides grammar and spelling. Its the ingo way. Like the libs

To be honest, I generally don't get far enough into reading someone's posts to even argue with them, if it is that bad. The guys who go on a rant with no capitalization, punctuation, or spacing to the post just don't get read. I don't call them out on it (no need), I just glance at the post and move on.

Top Bottom