• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Ihavenoideawhatyouretalkingabout WebSniper.

:p
    Classic example why punctuation is so important.
    Two very similar sentances:
    Good: Want to see my wiener dog?
    Not so good: Want to see my wiener, dog?

One good and innocent and the other all politician.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Are you going to trust round counts, maintenance, etc. representations from someone who can’t outspell a 1st grader....and has access to spell check? In my experience, people are generally detail oriented or not. They don’t switch it off and on.

I agree with this. I'm not perfect when it comes to grammar, but I spell pretty good. Even if you don't, you can and should use spell check.

I'm not really a grammar Nazi, but I do roll my eyes at times.

Not really grammar or spelling, but not all of us know the caliber of every Glock model. Put the caliber in the listing! :)

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    TA for my daughters class started sending home a notebook to facilitate communication. Granted it's pre-k but come on! improper to/too/two, mismatching tenses, generally really awkward phrasing... cute, bubbly handwriting but very indistinct character definition and spacing. d and ol, ri and n look the same and so on. I had to discern a disappointing number of words from context.

Heads up everybody...There's a new rule change to the classifieds that hasn't been posted here yet (for some reason). Apparently you have to have your phone number listed a specific way. I like to type it a certain way so that spam bots can't recognize it as a phone number (example: XX (-X XX) X -X X XX)
    But I was told I cannot do this ...fyi

the whole words/numbers thing (one23four5six7) or just spacing and characters like you show? hate to break it to you but that's childs play to get around. It's a lot harder to write a code that scrolls through the forum posts. Heck, even Excel has stuff built in to go from words to numbers and strip spaces and non-letter/number characters and it's not hard to write more. throw in some mis-spellings and it's a few minutes more work, putting them out of order (xxx-xxxx area code xxx) is a bit harder but hardly insurmountable. Phones 20 years ago had more computing power than it took to put someone on the moon and you think a little substitution and transposition is going to stop them? Don't feel too bad, I did it too until I had to start dabbling in programming for work.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Heads up everybody...There's a new rule change to the classifieds that hasn't been posted here yet (for some reason). Apparently you have to have your phone number listed a specific way. I like to type it a certain way so that spam bots can't recognize it as a phone number (example: XX (-X XX) X -X X XX)
    But I was told I cannot do this ...fyi

I think spambots are now smart enough to decode "hookerized" phone numbers.

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I always try to communicate via SBAR or Minto. These are simple methods for communication that ease the consumption of information for your intended audience.

Top Bottom