• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have more of a problem with people who rail against allowing pot, but will drink. Aside from the ignorant federal laws on the matter, smoking pot and drinking are quite similar. If you use either lightly, or recreationally, there's no issue. There's only an issue when you do it so heavily that you don't want to do anything else, or do it while driving or working.
    Yeah, I have always thought that as well. Heck, drunk people kill when they drive and I have never known a pothead to kill anyone driving. On the other hand, I can't tell you how many friends I have lost to drunk driving, either killing themselves or others or both in 1 case.

I think people are ok with drinking since "most" people do it. The same reason taxes are $4-5 on a pack of cigarettes and only .09 on a gallon of beer or 1.50 on a gallon of whiskey (just an example).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, I have always thought that as well. Heck, drunk people kill when they drive and I have never known a pothead to kill anyone driving. On the other hand, I can't tell you how many friends I have lost to drunk driving, either killing themselves or others or both in 1 case.

I think people are ok with drinking since "most" people do it. The same reason taxes are $4-5 on a pack of cigarettes and only .09 on a gallon of beer or 1.50 on a gallon of whiskey (just an example).

Exactly.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Anyone else seeing more people really effed up or overdosing lately? I'm starting to wonder if theres some bad (like worse than normal) dope going around I've dealt with 3 ODs in less than a week and im seeing more people walking around town that look like extras from the walking dead I keep narcan handy in my vehicle and office and went through my whole stash and had to call the peer support group in town to get a whole sack of extras. One of the ODs was the worst (and honestly mad me laugh the most as bad as that sounds) I've ever dealt with. The guy made me really fight to keep him alive then decided to rise from the dead and speak jibberish to the emts. I'm getting really burnt out and have been on edge all week.

Such folks are blessed to have you instead of me.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Anyone else seeing more people really effed up or overdosing lately? I'm starting to wonder if theres some bad (like worse than normal) dope going around I've dealt with 3 ODs in less than a week and im seeing more people walking around town that look like extras from the walking dead I keep narcan handy in my vehicle and office and went through my whole stash and had to call the peer support group in town to get a whole sack of extras. One of the ODs was the worst (and honestly mad me laugh the most as bad as that sounds) I've ever dealt with. The guy made me really fight to keep him alive then decided to rise from the dead and speak jibberish to the emts. I'm getting really burnt out and have been on edge all week.
    My best friend just buried his son today from an overdose. 16 years old. Started hanging with the wrong crowd, took a pill he thought was a percocet. It wasn't. Hug your kids.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    My best friend just buried his son today from an overdose. 16 years old. Started hanging with the wrong crowd, took a pill he thought was a percocet. It wasn't. Hug your kids.
    I wish I could say this will be the last person any of us know of....but it's just starting. I still have a hard time with calling a 16 year old who was sold a percocet and it was Fentanyl.......an overdose, I still see that as a poisoning, which should be a homicide. Give your friend my condolences.....his life has forever been changed. He will need his friends....
    Here is a little article explaining why teens are dying of Fentanyl and why we are just starting to see it.....not trying to :horse:. I hear they are seeing Carfentanil deaths now as well, which is 100 times more potent then Fentanyl.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I know I've heard theres a batch of fake lortabs that are heavy in fentanyl. I turned a guys pockets inside out and found 2 pills that didnt even have an ID number on them. I know that guy and hes not a junkie he just quit drinking and a guy talked him into trying tabs to fill the void said he bought 3 pills and one dropped him to the floor and he need 8mg of narcan to wake up.
    All. The. Time.

Any pill bought from someone else nowadays is probably fentanyl with a binder.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Just last night a guy i went to school with died of an overdose and a guy my wife went to school with died of an overdose. So in 8 days I was involved in 3 ODs and my wife and I know 2 more guys. Things are getting crazy. Narcan is available all over the place for free yet out of all the ODs I've ever seen only 2 had been given narcan by someone with them. I have my theories of the drug flow being used to break up families and make people reliant on the gooberment but I wont get to far into that.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I think I'm going to order a rescue essentials ankle med carrier and try to carry narcan and a TQ in it. That will cover the big things I'll encounter. I'm not sure if it will work with my slip on Justin's though. I just need to find a convenient way to carry the narcan on me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Depending what they took and how much, 2 mg of intranasal narcan is often not enough. I would consider getting an ambu bag also, or prepare to give several doses of narcan.

Intranasal narcan takes several minutes to start working. If you're there, opening the airway and giving rescue breaths in the meantime would be extremely beneficial. Also would do very painful things to them to stimulate breathing. Roll a pen on the base of a fingernail firmly, rub knuckles on their sternum, or pinch a nipple. Seems mean, but I'd likely do that before mouth to mouth on an unknown person with a drug overdose.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Depending what they took and how much, 2 mg of intranasal narcan is often not enough. I would consider getting an ambu bag also, or prepare to give several doses of narcan.

Intranasal narcan takes several minutes to start working. If you're there, opening the airway and giving rescue breaths in the meantime would be extremely beneficial. Also would do very painful things to them to stimulate breathing. Roll a pen on the base of a fingernail firmly, rub knuckles on their sternum, or pinch a nipple. Seems mean, but I'd likely do that before mouth to mouth on an unknown person with a drug overdose.
    For me to ever again do mouth to mouth on a random person is just not gonna happen. Not anymore and I am sorry but that's just the way of it.
    A friend and I had just got off our motorcycles in my driveway some years back and he saw an elderly neighbor fall off hiss riding mower. We both sprinted over there and he was not breathing. Did the chest/Mothe deal and a neighbor called 911.
    Responders took it over and said we did good. Turns out he had a heart attack. He was home in maybe a week but sadly he did not live long after that.
    In this current social insanity we find ourselves surrounded by I find it hard to exchange bodily fluids with a stranger.
    Sadly.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

Yea theres no way I'm doing mouth to mouth or even mouth to shield. At bare minimum a pocket mask with one way valve. I've been thinking about buying the pocket BVM that I think north american rescue sells mainly to give me a stand off distance should the projectile vomit (I want to throw up when my baby spits up on me I dont want junkie puke on me either) or decide to fight then I'd have the added benefit of more oxygenated breaths for them. The guy I worked on on monday needed 8mg total and rescue breathing. When I got there his breathing was agonal and there was no response to voice, sternum rub, knuckles on his top lip, or pinching behind his arm. Rescue breaths were through a pocket mask with one way valve. He started having good breaths then slipped away and I started again. After the 14 minutes it took for EMS to arrive he was wide awake and responsive. Thankfully it was successful. Gave me the warm and fuzzy when he shook my hand and thanked me which has never happened before.

Side note anyone ever notice the smell and slime on users or is it just my imagination? My gloves were so slimy and slick when I was done working on the dude monday.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Heres the little kit I put together earlier this year if I can get a bvm the whole kit will go into some sort of bag. I want to carry one dose on me to buy time to give someone my keys and have them get the kit from my vehicle.

Attachments

• 20220424_190329.jpg
      20220424_190329.jpg
      377.3 KB · Views: 5
    • 20220424_190257.jpg
      20220424_190257.jpg
      383.6 KB · Views: 5

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have done mouth to mouth once. Then i was AFib three days later ...

Guy died at a Spartan race. We got him back for a few minutes but lost pulse again on way down mountain and died. I figured he was probably healthy if running a Spartan on a ski slope.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have done mouth to mouth once. Then i was AFib three days later ...

Guy died at a Spartan race. We got him back for a few minutes but lost pulse again on way down mountain and died. I figured he was probably healthy insane if running a Spartan on a ski slope.
    FIFY

RWDS14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2022
    Edinburgh
    It kinda comes and goes in waves. Someone puts too much fentynyl in their dope or doesn't cut their fentynyl enough. I'm 32 and there's probably 100+ people I grew up with that it's killed over the years. 2 families in my town lost all their sons, which happened to be all their children to it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, I have always thought that as well. Heck, drunk people kill when they drive and I have never known a pothead to kill anyone driving.
    I have. In fact, I represent the family of the deceased and have the test results and accident reconstruction to prove it.

I won't go into the details, but driving with dulled senses, from any cause, can be deadly.

Chief144642

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2022
    Nwi
    Yeah cousin just died from an od and funeral was last friday... cocaine was laced

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is a widely perpetuated myth. DUID (cannabis included) cases involving fatality crashes are rapidly rising. Another myth is that cannabis users will drive more slowly and carefully.

Top Bottom