• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    OK, got off the phone again. Blah, blah, blah, same story.... EXCEPT!!!! It doesn't matter what time it was received on the 3rd, first come first serve is only based on the date of getting the handgun, not the time. They said they are still working on the 3rd and 4th. Mine was received on the 3rd at 0940 and they have definitely lost my business......
    All I could hear is people in the background reading the script...... "We are sorry and can understand your frustration, we are actively working around the clock to get your pistol returned back to you."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This isn't even about the gun now for me. Springfield has left a sour taste in my mouth that I won't soon forget. This is more about the jerk around from the get go which is apparently continuing to this day.

I've owned quite a few of their firearms throughout the years (2 1911s, an compact XD, an full size XDm and now this XDs. All .45's) I'm probably gonna keep the XDs whenever they finally decide to return it to me but I do believe any future firearm purchases will not include Springfields.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Unfortunately as of NOW, the XDs is alone in its class. I had owned every single compact non-1911 .45 made and I liked the XDs hands down best of all. I loved the gun and will keep it assuming it is still reliable once I've gotten mine back, but I won't be patronizing SA any more after this, and if another reputable manufacturer comes up with one with the same ergonomics and size I'll be trying it out.

For a compact 9mm it has plently of competition.

Agreed. The .45 is definitely a niche gun. Holding my Kahr P9 up to the XDs the Kahr is just a tad bit smaller all the way around with the exception of the grip length with the mag inserted. Of course this is also using the Pearce baseplate on the mag. Using that, the grip on the XDs is 1/8 inch shorter than the P9.

I'd still like a .45 that competes with the XDs. I'm actually surprised none of the other manufacturers have tried their own version yet. I guess we'll have to wait on that. Until then my EDC will remain a 9mm or a larger .45 that's proven itself. Maybe we'll see a puffed up shield in .45 soon.

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    Fed Ex just dropped mine off. Free mag is missing although invoice says it was included.

Edit: Just talked to Springfield and they are going to ship one out.

Just got an email and they are sending this "Free Magazine" overnight Saturday Delivery. Granted they missed it when they sent the gun back to me, but I have to respect the overnight Saturday Delivery.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I called SA last night. Wanted to confirm that my XDS was received the morning of 9/3. Customer service rep confirmed it, and assured me that mine would be among the first ones upgraded. But my status still shows "received". They have been working on them for two weeks, shipping for one week, and still haven't gotten through the first day of receipts.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I called SA last night. Wanted to confirm that my XDS was received the morning of 9/3. Customer service rep confirmed it, and assured me that mine would be among the first ones upgraded. But my status still shows "received". They have been working on them for two weeks, shipping for one week, and still haven't gotten through the first day of receipts.

It could be worse, they could still have my 45.:): Sorry!!! I just had to say that. Hope yours comes back soon.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis

Same here.. Mine was logged in like 9 something in the AM. They said they are doing them all from the 3rd and 4th in no certain order of received. Just the ones on the 3rd and 4th right now.

Top Bottom