• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Mine got home at 10am this morning. Trigger is fine. I actually think it feels better than before. Put 50rds through with no issues. Also,I sent mine in in a bubble wrap envelope, packed in styrofoam, and it came back in a hard case. Nice.

What kind of a case? Like the original case they come in?

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    Just around 75 rounds through this afternoon. The trigger feels fine to me, but the XDS is my only handgun at this time. I am a novice compared to most on this board.

The case is very plain and really only holds a single gun.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The same people jumping off the wagon will jump right back on once their XDs arrives back to 'em. It's like being mad at the wife, only last a little while.

Not really. I view my firearms as tools to do a certain job. Some of them I have a personal attachment to (such as a gift, saved my a$$ once, etc.) If the tool can't do its job or can't be depended on then it no longer becomes useful.

Springfield has lost my trust with the way they handled this whole pooch screw. When mine are returned they will be sold with all accessories. I came to this decision soon after the company admitted they lied to us. I have some friends that are interested and buyers for both lined up.

Company integrity with those I do business with still matters. Integrity seems to be a dying quality in both people and businesses anymore. If either betray my trust or go out of their way to deceive me then I no longer have anything to do with them.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Not really. I view my firearms as tools to do a certain job. Some of them I have a personal attachment to (such as a gift, saved my a$$ once, etc.) If the tool can't do its job or can't be depended on then it no longer becomes useful.

Springfield has lost my trust with the way they handled this whole pooch screw. When mine are returned they will be sold with all accessories. I came to this decision soon after the company admitted they lied to us. I have some friends that are interested and buyers for both lined up.

Company integrity with those I do business with still matters. Integrity seems to be a dying quality in both people and businesses anymore. If either betray my trust or go out of their way to deceive me then I no longer have anything to do with them.
    I certainly understand, I guess like being mad at the wife, some get divorced. I bought my as soon as they came out, in fact I bought 2. I have a Kimber proII I bought about the same time. I actually like the XDs a lot better. I've grown quite fond of the lil bastards!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well I was almost at the point of giving a pass when they actually started "upgrading" them and shipping but now it looks like i'm one of the ones getting jerked around with mine getting shelved after I sent it in right away so I could take advantage of the "first ones in/ first ones out" line of bs. I'm back to being irritated with the whole deal again.

You're losing me here Springfield.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Same here. Shipped on 8/30- Received on 9/3 @ 9:54 am. Just checked again. "Your Serial number XSxxxxxx has been entered into our system" "Your Recall Status: Your gun has been received"

Bull-:poop:
    Yep, people with earlier times have already gotten theirs back...im beyond mad...I better get an email tomorrow...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    XDs Return Review

Okay, here's my review of the returned XDs.

Pistol was shipped to Springfield on 29 Aug 2013.
    Pistol was signed for by K. Bradshaw on 3 Sept 2013 at 7:38am.
    I was told at a later date that it was entered into the Springfield recall system on 5 Sept 2013.
    From the best I can tell it was repaired (not upgraded as they call it) with the ones received on the 3rd not the 5th.

I had to pick up the pistol at the Richmond terminal, a 25 minute drive one way, because the tracking number said "held at terminal for customer pick up". I did not make arrangements for this. I woke up this morning and checked the tracking number and found this out. I have an idea what happened but it's not relevant to the review.

I packed it in a cheap $5 MTM case for shipping to Springfield. It was returned in this same case. The case had popped open in the cardboard box when it was returned from Springfield because it wasn't secured with a zip tie or tape. The pistol was loose in the cardboard box. The 7 round extended mag and both extra sleeves were in a small zip baggie loose in the box as well. A paper invoice, a thank you note and instructions for obtaining a new manual were included as well.

The stick on grips were still on the pistol and hadn't been removed. No damage or scratches that I could see. The gun appeared to have been test fired but not excessively, it was very mildly dirty, about what you would expect for 5 to 10 rounds at most.

The new roll pin is captured by the frame and I have serious doubts it will walk out and block the grip safety from being depressed. This was a concern I had before I saw the pin. I don't think this will be a problem after seeing it.

The trigger is another story. It was a nice crisp, short travel trigger when I bought the gun and throughout the 800+ rounds that went downrange. The trigger now feels like a 2 stage trigger. The first part is long and spongy with a small amount of grit to it. The second part is much heavier than what it used to be as well. It feels like the first part of an M&P factory trigger (without the grit) until you hit the second part of the trigger. At that point it feels just like a Glock NY 8lbs trigger. I still have the unfired 9mm XDs that hasn't been sent in so I can do a side by side comparison. There is definitely a difference, and not for the better.

I've not shot this one yet as I just arrived home with it an hour or so ago. I plan on taking it to Old Trails in Richmond this Sunday or Monday with a friend who is interested in buying it. If anyone on here is a member and would like to do a comparison of the returned pistol vs the non returned pistol then send me a PM.

Summary:
    Originally we were told we would have our repaired guns back within 30 days. We were led to believe they knew what the problem was and had a fix in place. Several weeks later we find out that what we were told was a lie used to manipulate customers to get the guns off the street. Uncounted phone calls that either yielded no useful information or went unanswered. Over 25 different emails that I sent, of which 4 were actually answered. Of those 4, two of them simply said to see the FAQ.

After all this it turns out to be 3 days short of double the time frame we were originally told, and that's for guns sent to Springfield on the first day or two. God help you if you waited a few days or weeks. The returned product when all is said and done is less than what it started out to be. I bought my two XDs pistols for a couple of reasons. Size & weight, fit in the hand, and trigger. I will not be waiting on some other company to come up with a parts kit to improve what was already a nice trigger. I shouldn't have to do such a thing.

I'm not new to firearms or to shooting. I've been shooting for almost 30 years now, I am an Army veteran with two combat tours, one from Operation Just Cause in Panama and the second from Desert Shield/Storm with the 101st. These were my first two Springfield firearms, they will be my last. I'm not impressed with Springfield at all. The way they handled this entire fiasco is unacceptable in my book. Good luck to all those that choose to continue to deal with them, there are many other companies out there that offer superior products and great service at the same time.

Last edited:

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Doesn't upset me in the least. I appreciate the summary. I was just saying that you have made it very clear of your distaste for SA.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Just got my 45 back about an hour ago. Came in a small hard case with the correct extended mag and both sleeves. The gun was clean and oiled with Talon grips still intact. Dry firing, the trigger feels fine to me, will know more about that after a trip to the range. I think things might of been handled a little better but all in all I'm happy to have my gun fixed and back.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    . Good luck to all those that choose to continue to deal with them, there are many other companies out there that offer superior products and great service at the same time.

Unfortunately as of NOW, the XDs is alone in its class. I had owned every single compact non-1911 .45 made and I liked the XDs hands down best of all. I loved the gun and will keep it assuming it is still reliable once I've gotten mine back, but I won't be patronizing SA any more after this, and if another reputable manufacturer comes up with one with the same ergonomics and size I'll be trying it out.

For a compact 9mm it has plently of competition.

Top Bottom