• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Took my "upgraded" XDs 45 to the range last Sat before the big storm. Only had time for a box of factory Winchester ball but trigger pull feels the same, functioning and accuracy unaffected. I didn't need the extra mag but nice of Springfield to gift it for my trouble.

Obvious that many ranters on here have no knowledge of manufacturing, supply chain or liability litigation or they would understand the difficulty in the process and the necessity of the recall.

I think SA is doing the best possible job under the circumstances IMO.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Took my "upgraded" XDs 45 to the range last Sat before the big storm. Only had time for a box of factory Winchester ball but trigger pull feels the same, functioning and accuracy unaffected. I didn't need the extra mag but nice of Springfield to gift it for my trouble.

Obvious that many ranters on here have no knowledge of manufacturing, supply chain or liability litigation or they would understand the difficulty in the process and the necessity of the recall.

I think SA is doing the best possible job under the circumstances IMO.

This.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I guess I'm just a simple minded plow jockey, not one of you big-city guys but I don't understand why this has been going on for over four months now and there's STILL a turnaround time in excess of two months. I also wish that these manufacturers (not just S.A.) wouldn't get in such a rush to market that they put the safety of their customers in jeopardy. But who am I???

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I guess I'm just a simple minded plow jockey, not one of you big-city guys but I don't understand why this has been going on for over four months now and there's STILL a turnaround time in excess of two months. I also wish that these manufacturers (not just S.A.) wouldn't get in such a rush to market that they put the safety of their customers in jeopardy. But who am I???

Same me reason those combines were starting on fire and burning down 5 years ago. Manufactures can't predict everything that will happen we are all just humans. As far as the time I'm sure it comes down to time and other things with their business. The xds was hot even the 9 was sold out for weeks. I would guess they have had 10s of thousands to fix

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It is the same reason you can't grow and harvest corn or soybeans in a month.

Not to mention the sheer quantity of guns they have to fix. It's an enormous undertaking.

4 months is nothing. I'm impressed they found a production fix and are turning this around as quick as they are.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The way you trust your life is to shoot the weapon, one will be different than another of the same model. The xds recall had nothing to do with ftf it was a double tap or a discharge on rack neither would have been an issue for most in a situation. Especially since the double tap only happened if you did a very weird load rack situation. I would trust my life with a weapon where the company actually comes up with a fix and recalls the pistols instead of waiting for each user to have the issue send it in blah blah blah

jh1978

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    After shooting my upgraded xds9, i immediately noticed a much better trigger pull and break. The extra mag they included is really nice too, I like how the grip feels like a full size with it on. Although that's really only a range accessory, the standard mag is best for EDC. Otherwise, I might as well carry my full size XD40.

redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    Got my .45 back last week an dgot to shoot it yesterday. My only gripe is that the trigger feels very gritty. Otherwise great service from Springfield! I'll tear it down soon and give a good polishing. Hopefully that will help.

Sheppsan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Anyone else get the impression that every update has us waiting a little longer to get our firearms back?

Top Bottom