Has any one got their gun back yet?
    ummm.....

Last email I got was that I should have it back by thanksgiving
    ummm....

They received it on sept 10th
    ummm.....

I hope to receive it by Wednesday
    ummm......

I hope they send a free mag or something for our troubles.
    ummm....

I have three Springfields and have not had any issues before the recall.
    ummm.....

Did they send you an extra mag or something?
    yes.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Got mine back after the FedEx driver called BEFORE the first deliver attempt to see if I was home. My work gig went up in smoke so I was around to pick it up earlier this week.

It's now officially for sale:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/323291-springfield-xds-9mm-extras-iwb-foxx-holster-%24550.html

Unless I missed it, you don't mention the recall being done in your ad. I would think that would help with the sale if you confirmed it is fixed

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Took mine out shooting with the wife last Tuesday. Shoots pretty much like I remember. Performed flawlessly and I had forgotten how great it is as a carry piece. Very happy to have it back. As much as I do like my new Ruger, I will go back to this for EDC.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    you're right, while not explicitly mentioning it, it mentions inclusion of the "post-recall repair card." I'll make it more clear.

Unless I missed it, you don't mention the recall being done in your ad. I would think that would help with the sale if you confirmed it is fixed

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    RecallUpdate LMAO! They are blaming the Government Shutdown for more delays! Wasnt that months ago? Saying every gun before the 10th of Sept. was returned....thats not true either according to some owners on certain forums....When will they get their lies straight?

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    When will people stop complaining about Springfield. Do you have any evidence that the government shutdown had nothing to do with it? Do you really think they want this to take any longer? They are getting the guns back as fast as they can.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    According to the SA website and email updates I have been getting. I should have mine by Christmas. Well it wasn't under the tree and no carrier have rang the doorbell yet. I guess they are behind. I'm glad I don't depend on the XDS as my carry piece.

rcwill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I sent mine in on Aug. 28 and got it back in mid-Oct...that as the good news. Bad news is it came back with an 8.5 lb trigger pull. Thought it might lighten up but never did. Called Springfield on Dec 20 and they had me send it back in. To their credit I got it back Dec 27 with a 6.5 lb. trigger pull. Frustrating but they did fix it fast.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    SA got my XDs on 9/20 and I got it back on the Second. I'm very happy to have it back. The Trigger does not feel any different to me, but then I don't have anything to really to measure the exact weight. I put 150 WWB though it today and it shot just as well as I can remember when I sent it in.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Here is a copy of an email I received on Saturday

Dear Springfield Customer,

We have been upgrading XD-S™ pistols at full capacity and remain on schedule.
    We are currently working on XD-S™ pistols received on Sept. 24-30, 2013. Those pistols will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Jan. 8, 2014.

• All XD-S™ pistols received between Oct. 1 – Nov. 18, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Jan. 31, 2014.

• All XD-S™ pistols received between Nov. 19 – Dec. 13, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 7, 2014.

• All XD-S™ pistols received between Dec. 14 – Dec. 27, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 14, 2014.
    We remain fully committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

And people wonder why I'm not a big SA fan.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero

We are currently working on XD-S™ pistols received on Sept. 24-30, 2013. Those pistols will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Jan. 8, 2014.

• All XD-S™ pistols received between Oct. 1 – Nov. 18, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Jan. 31, 2014.

• All XD-S™ pistols received between Nov. 19 – Dec. 13, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 7, 2014.

• All XD-S™ pistols received between Dec. 14 – Dec. 27, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 14, 2014.
    We remain fully committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

Ahh... I'm still gonna wait. :rolleyes:

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sent in 10/01
    logged in to SA 10/03
    fixed 1/08

cant wait to have it home crimson trace and a firearmholster.com holster waiting for it!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

Is it because they're doing their best to fix a ton of voluntary recall guns as quick as they can and giving everyone a free $30 extended mag for their trouble? I swear, it'd take them pulling a rabbit out of their butt to make some people happy.

Top Bottom