• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    I like the idea of a cook out and if you got enough property to build a brim then put in a range and we can all have some fun. I would have the trailer impounded if its towable. But the cookout sounds good to.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The guy has been living in the trailer off and on since he got out of prison. Looks like Charley Manson, I couldn't just tow it away, he might be in there at the time. Meth dealers around here don't scare easily, a few years back one burned a woman who owed him money on a brush pile behind his house.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    This is really mind boggling.

If it is on your property for long enough, when does it become your trailer?
    can I just go build a shed in a night on any property I want and call it home?

seems like you should just be able to put a 2x4 over the door, hitch it to your truck and drop it off at the local correctional facility

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    In Indiana there is a "good faith" requirement on the payment of taxes to claim title by adverse possession. This come from 1927 tax statue that was passed.

from Fraley vs Minger

In the first case in which the adverse possession tax statute was actually analyzed by this Court, Echterling v. Kalvaitis, 235 Ind. 141, 126 N.E.2d 573 (Ind. 1955), the statute was found not applicable. This decision undertook to "examine the language of the act and look to the intention of the Legislature," explaining:

The 1927 act was enacted to halt the pernicious effect of squatters upon lands where title holders had paid taxes on lands owned by them, but where possession of parts of the land was usurped by squatters for long years without claim of title or payment of taxes. These squatters eventually claimed they became seized with title through adverse possession.

the Fraley court eventually concluded this:

Recognizing our obligation to follow and enforce the adverse possession tax statute as enacted by our legislature, we take a restrained view of the legislative acquiescence in Echterling's interpretation of the statute. We hold that Echterling permits substantial compliance to satisfy the requirement of the adverse possession tax statute in boundary disputes where the adverse claimant has a reasonable and good faith belief that the claimant is paying the taxes during the period of adverse possession. But we decline to extend Echterling to permit total disregard of the statutory tax payment requirement merely on grounds that the legal title holder has other clear notice of adverse possession.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've contacted the local law, we'll see what they have to say in the morning.

Lawrence County Sheriff made it a 2A Sanctuary County. Stand up guy who should be on your side in this matter.

I had to look at a map to get an idea on your area, go due east and you'll run into where I grew up.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I had a squatter issue in CA at a place my parents own. I wrote a lease to a friend of mine out there. He (and 15 or so of his movers) showed up to "move in" and called the sheriff. The squatters were removed and they had to make arrangements to retrieve their belongings from the property. Never had to file anything with the court.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Adverse possession is hard to perfect. It will take time and expense but you will be able to remove him, with the help of a competent attorney qualified to practice property law.

Self-help is a bad idea.

But it would be a pity if a group of demonstrators saw that Rebel flag flying at his trailer...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    What's the difference?

Someone moves a camping trailer on your ground that's posted no trespassing, but claims it's their ground. Surveyor makes survey and it's clearly not. Are they squatters or trespassers at this point?

if you need help i can load my dozer up and i can moved the dirt bag out...:)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    if you need help i can load my dozer up and i can moved the dirt bag out...:)

I think you should build a dirt ramp next to it and see if you can jump the trailer with the dozer. :):

d107d89c08fa21980dad276b4225677f.jpg

See, this guy can do it!

Top Bottom