• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good to hear. Bury metal marker stakes where the surveyor stakes are. That way you can find them again with a metal detector if necessary.

Told the surveyor up front what was going on and said his stakes might get moved. He told me not to worry as he had been involved in things like this before.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Told the surveyor up front what was going on and said his stakes might get moved. He told me not to worry as he had been involved in things like this before.

that’s why you bury them. You can’t see them through the grass but you can find them later.

doesn’t fix this jack wagon tampering with them, but if something ever happens in the future you can easily find the markers without having it re staked.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pretty much the same thing here. Idiot wanna be Hispanic farmer behind and 2 doors down lets his chickens free range. Except for the 2 that went into the neighbor's yard and were killed/eaten by his Mastiffs and the 2 that got in my yard and were summarily executed. Man was he pissed off.

The hilarious part is that he's not the only person who thought they was going to be the next coming of Rose Acre Farms in my subdivision of 137 homes all with lots of .75 acres or larger. Person next street north and about 10 houses down lost all 50 of his layers and roosters about 4 years ago to foxes. Also the neighbor across street on the corner has a privacy fence that corralled his 15-20, dropped boo koo money on on a custom built coop. After 3 months he decided it wasn't worth the headache, time and money. I told him right before he got rid of all of them, that spending all that time on his chickens would go a long ways on spending it with his 5 and 6 year olds. He seen me later and thanked me, plus he said I don't think everyone around here bought 150,000 dollar homes for a :poop: head like me to come in and raise chickens.

Why is it when people get a parcel of land that's bigger than the normal lot, that they think they can be the next modern day reincarnation of Green Acres?

My best friend who is in rehab recovering from a long stint of being on a respirator (COV-19 related), relocated to the Scottsburg area for his job. Was working 70 hour weeks as a programmer and he got the bright idea to start raising sheep. Sheep are no more, his wife sold all the rams and ewes and this years newborns. At least she has a freezer full of meat. She mentioned that if he gets the bright idea of raising anything else, his voice is going to be 5 octaves higher. I do believe she will do it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Good to hear. Bury metal marker stakes where the surveyor stakes are. That way you can find them again with a metal detector if necessary.
    Besides the markings they did for me, they did drive rebar stakes into the ground below the surface on each corner so it could be found with a metal detector.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    plus he said I don't think everyone around here bought 150,000 dollar homes for a :poop: head like me to come in and raise chickens.

Why is it when people get a parcel of land that's bigger than the normal lot, that they think they can be the next modern day reincarnation of Green Acres?

2 houses on my street have sold since I've lived here, both around $250k, and the lots are .5 acre OR LESS and I still have a chicken guy.

Also... Since the sun went down and it's not 10,000 degrees any longer, the fireworks have once again started, the d-head a few houses down is tearing around on his straight piped dirt bike, and harley guy across the street started his bike up, moved it 3 feet, shut it off, and then did it again about 10 minutes later. This will sometimes happen 6 or 8 times before he finally gets the bike where ever he wants it...

This says nothing about C8 guy at the end of the block who parks the car on his front lawn and is apparently experimenting with what every possible exhaust configuration sounds like on the rev limiter.

I seriously don't know how much money it takes to not be surrounded by morons, but it's more than I've ever been able to afford. Believe it or not, this is also actually much much better than I'm accustomed to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    2 houses on my street have sold since I've lived here, both around $250k, and the lots are .5 acre OR LESS and I still have a chicken guy.

Also... Since the sun went down and it's not 10,000 degrees any longer, the fireworks have once again started, the d-head a few houses down is tearing around on his straight piped dirt bike, and harley guy across the street started his bike up, moved it 3 feet, shut it off, and then did it again about 10 minutes later. This will sometimes happen 6 or 8 times before he finally gets the bike where ever he wants it...

This says nothing about C8 guy at the end of the block who parks the car on his front lawn and is apparently experimenting with what every possible exhaust configuration sounds like on the rev limiter.

I seriously don't know how much money it takes to not be surrounded by morons, but it's more than I've ever been able to afford. Believe it or not, this is also actually much much better than I'm accustomed to.

Sounds like home to me.....:):

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sounds like home to me.....:):

You need someone to teach you how to park a bike too?

Anyhow... I somehow don't think you'd mean that, even if you're mostly joking, when all of these things are going on at 2am on a school night (which is also normal) and you've got terrorists trying to sleep.

I've long ago recognized that I'm the one who is the problem in this scenario and I don't go out telling people what to do, but I just can't figure out how they don't annoy each other to death. Generally speaking this is a pretty young neighborhood and tons of these people have very young kids. I'd be pretty pissed off of my idiot neighbors were waking up my baby every 25 minutes all summer, but I guess they don't mind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You need someone to teach you how to park a bike too?

Anyhow... I somehow don't think you'd mean that, even if you're mostly joking, when all of these things are going on at 2am on a school night (which is also normal) and you've got terrorists trying to sleep.

I've long ago recognized that I'm the one who is the problem in this scenario and I don't go out telling people what to do, but I just can't figure out how they don't annoy each other to death. Generally speaking this is a pretty young neighborhood and tons of these people have very young kids. I'd be pretty pissed off of my idiot neighbors were waking up my baby every 25 minutes all summer, but I guess they don't mind.

All of my bikes were stupid loud and one was even stupider louder than the others.
    Thing is I would call home when I was coming and CKW would lift the over head door and go back inside. A few minutes letter I would come down the street, find neutral and kill the engine. Coast in the drive and right up on the bike lift where I parked the scooter. Took some practice but I was a pro. Never bothered the neighbors late at night. Respect. I bothered them enough in day lite hours.
    If we came home late from the race track the cars stayed in or on the trailers until a decent hour the next day or we rolled out early to another race. Never knew we were there.

There was a time we called happy hour. If we were not racing and working around the house, and it hit the magic "Beer Thirty" time bell one of the race cars went to the corner store for a case of beer. Those at my house (middle of the block) waiting on the beer knew there would be a high speed full throttle fly by.

And there always was. Main street not a back street with big bottom yards separating the sidewalk from the street. And yes we got popped a couple of times by the local LEO's for this.
    But we have all grown and matured since then. And we sold the cars.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    All of my bikes were stupid loud and one was even stupider louder than the others.
    Thing is I would call home when I was coming and CKW would lift the over head door and go back inside. A few minutes letter I would come down the street, find neutral and kill the engine. Coast in the drive and right up on the bike lift where I parked the scooter. Took some practice but I was a pro. Never bothered the neighbors late at night. Respect. I bothered them enough in day lite hours.
    If we came home late from the race track the cars stayed in or on the trailers until a decent hour the next day or we rolled out early to another race. Never knew we were there.

There was a time we called happy hour. If we were not racing and working around the house, and it hit the magic "Beer Thirty" time bell one of the race cars went to the corner store for a case of beer. Those at my house (middle of the block) waiting on the beer knew there would be a high speed full throttle fly by.

And there always was. Main street not a back street with big bottom yards separating the sidewalk from the street. And yes we got popped a couple of times by the local LEO's for this.
    But we have all grown and matured since then. And we sold the cars.

This pretty much all seems acceptable to me and generally how I tend to operate as well and generally how things seemed to be when I was growing up (and really... I'd say up to about 2005-ish). We have our fun, make our noise, etc, but we KNOW we're being a-holes and try as hard as we can to minimize the impact to those around us the vast majority of the time and every once in a while we might get too rowdy but then we hang it up for awhile. It seems that the people out there today are just sociopaths who absolutely do not give s--- and will do whatever they want, whenever they want, no matter what.

A couple of years ago I completely, 100%, lost the exhaust on my Jeep at the manifold at midnight as I was coming back from picking up a late dinner after working on a different car all day (story of my life). I felt soooo bad driving through the neighborhood just to get it home. I was doing everything I could to get it in a high gear at idle RPM to get it over as quickly and quietly as possible. This type of anxiety doesn't seem to exist in may people anymore and in retrospect I should have just been banging gears just because I could.

Another case in point. Idiots neighbors next door have loud party that lasts all day a few Saturdays ago. It's Saturday, it's day time, whatever. Party seems to wrap up around 10pm or so. At 1/4 to midnight the idiot remembers that he left his tractor in the backyard (normally in the garage, but that's where the party was) so instead of just letting it go until the morning, he just goes ahead and fires it up, full throttle, and drive it up to the house. Then about 5 minutes later he does it again! WTF?!?!

Anyhow... I hate people.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We have a really nice second floor covered back deck with pull down sun screens. We have a nice set of furniture for it that is great for meals cooked on the conveniently located grills feet away. We can't use any of that because the neighbors (pick one) will be out with a military grade hover craft cutting their lawn any time we want to eat; no conversation is possible and if one quits another will start up.

My loud cars and bikes? I hope it disturbs the hell out of them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You can have a lot of space between yourself and neighbors and still have issues. I think the road will be a lot less busy with less litter now that the drug dealer has left.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have a really nice second floor covered back deck with pull down sun screens. We have a nice set of furniture for it that is great for meals cooked on the conveniently located grills feet away. We can't use any of that because the neighbors (pick one) will be out with a military grade hover craft cutting their lawn any time we want to eat; no conversation is possible and if one quits another will start up.

My loud cars and bikes? I hope it disturbs the hell out of them.

We built our back yard up to enjoy. It is a kids wonderland and we love watching them play. The neighbors are mainly Hispanic these days as they moved in and displaced the BLM crowd that was ruining the area. The music they play is a bit irritating at times but we return volley if it gets to be too much. There is a balance.

Oh, and the food they cook is amazing.

Granted in the day we made some serious noise but it was always short and very sweet. The neighbors mostly did not mind and many actually liked the occasional high speed pass we would make.

This thing was a serious beast. The package store owners loved it as well...….
    7oM0WQY.jpg

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    that is sweet, there
    is no substitute for cubic inches!, had a real ugly 68 Impala that had a 427, alum. heads and 2 600 holleys that came out of an altered class racer that gave me a few good stories back in the day

Top Bottom