• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The only time I've heard "squatters" mentioned was in cases involving abandoned dwellings in which people had taken up residence, but maybe that wasn't the correct use of the term either. I seem to recall though that it was difficult to get people to move out once they had established residence there. And I may be totally off base, but I was thinking it wasn't as simple as trespassing them after a certain amount of time had passed. I don't think that applies in Leadeye's situation at any rate.

I think you should build a dirt ramp next to it and see if you can jump the trailer with the dozer. :):

d107d89c08fa21980dad276b4225677f.jpg

See, this guy can do it!

I once ramped a similar dozer over a small berm of material (less than 2 feet tall) of mud and dirt I was scraping off a gravel lot at a rental yard. Didn't truly get air but it hurt like a son of a ***** coming down.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I read through that link regarding squatters and I am amazed that someone can cause a landowner so much trouble with so little repercussions for the offender. I am surprised that it does not happen more often.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I am surprised that it does not happen more often.

It does.

[video=youtube_share;A_Qkbvh0y7k]http://youtu.be/A_Qkbvh0y7k[/video]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Why do adverse possession laws even exist? What's the intended outcome as it regards protecting people who are trying to act lawfully in a civil society?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Legal fees.

I'm idealistic enough to believe that most of our laws, no matter how horrible they are now, were born from at least some modicum of reasonable thought. I utterly oppose and absolutely detest gun control laws, but I can at least understand some of the logic of how they got started even though I disagree with it. Writing a law where you can just have someone else's stuff if you hang out around it long enough just doesn't make any sense no matter how hard I spin it.

I can understand the inverse, such as someone abandons their crap on your property and after such a period of time it's yours to do with what you want.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Why do adverse possession laws even exist? What's the intended outcome as it regards protecting people who are trying to act lawfully in a civil society?

adverse possession laws are not meant to be maliciously used to acquire legal title to land that you do not currently have title to. Instead they along with other unwritten property rights legal concepts (e.g. acquiescence) are meant to rectify an already existing problem.

read my post a few pages back. the Fraley case addresses why situations with squatters would likely fail in court (the tax payment issue).

Also, squatters may fail to meet the Control element as defined in Fraley (formerly known as Actual).

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I am surprised that it does not happen more often.

It does.

[video=youtube_share;A_Qkbvh0y7k]http://youtu.be/A_Qkbvh0y7k[/video]

I dont have anything to offer on this thread. But she is pppeeerrrtttyyyyy! Who is she.

As for OP I am curious what becomes of this topic. How car are you from NWI, say hammond, IN. Maybe the NWI INGO group comes and visits you for a meet and shoot.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dont have anything to offer on this thread. But she is pppeeerrrtttyyyyy! Who is she.

As for OP I am curious what becomes of this topic. How car are you from NWI, say hammond, IN. Maybe the NWI INGO group comes and visits you for a meet and shoot.

Who did you see that was pretty? The news gal? :scratch: That's the only reason I watched the video. I was disappointed.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Ok, as I see it there several questions that need answered: 1. Where does he get his electricity from (legally)? 2. Where does his water come from? 3. Where does his waste go? 4. Does "his site" meet local planning and zoning requirements, ie. trailer on site, permanent residence in a travel trailer?

The Health department may be able to address issues with #3. Local power company may be able to address #1. Planning and Zoning office may help with #4. Pull assistance from any agency you can. Also ask your insurance company what liability you have with this person on your property.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Report it as an abandoned vehicle. It should be towed by the county to an impound lot.

On second thought a dozer or a back hoe would make quick work of it.

Top Bottom