• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birdslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Walkerton
    I opt for safety first I own quite a few tack driving .22's but prefer the ole .410 for tree rats. I hunt an area of hardwoods that backs up to a major road and feel a little more secure when im shooting elevated angles. Been a shotgun guy my whole life.. why quit now... Plus I like the wiggle room in case im not on my A game that day..... happy shootiing.

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    Have never squirrel hunted. For all squirrel hunters, any of you not eat the little critters?

Not against it, just curious if everyone really go crazy of the little "delicacy".

I always eat what I kill. Squirrel tastes awesome. Sure, it's technically a rodent, but it eats nuts not garbage. I soak it in buttermilk for a few hours after cutting it up to remove the gamy flavor and then fry it up. It tastes just like chicken.

For what I use to hunt them, I have a Marlin Model 60. I have this bad boy on there: Tasco .22 Riflescope

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Acutally went last night for the first time this season. Took a 12 w/#4 shot and extra full choke figuring I'd have tall shots with lots of leaf material to get through. Saw a few, but, as is my usual luck, they all showed up within 10-15 yards from me...lol. Didn't take any shots as I prefer not to kill, skin, clean & butcher my game all at the same time.

Top Bottom