• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My favorite is my Marlin Mod 60 with a 3x9x40 Simmons scope. Haven't got too many cause I don't seem to get out to hunt as much as I'd like. I've also carried my single six while Deer hunting. Cause those tree rats seem to know you've got slugs in the shotgun and will just sit there and laugh at you, so when they do that out comes the single six to shut them up if they are close enough, and Mr. buck dosen't seem to be anywhere around!

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    want to see TONS of squirrels, guaranteed???

Go deer hunting!

that sir, is gods honest truth, thats goes along with, if you want to get a monster buck within gun range go bow hunting, and if you never want to see that buck again, hunt that same stand during firearms season.

45lcrevolver

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This is my first year using a 22 but I know for a fact that a 20gauge with #6 shot gets the job done nicely as long as they are not closer than 10 yards. Also a bow and arrow do a good job if you are in a tree stand shooting down.( they get pinned that way lol)

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have used a 20 gauge side by side with steel #2s, I use the 20 for ducks and geese in close and I don't by heavy loads in lead very often. I don't squirrel hunt enough, might get 2 or 3 a season

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel with Bushnell trophy 6-18 & CCI SGB or a Contender with 16" 17HMR barrel with Leupold 4-12 Vari X II - Hornady 15gr (head shots only). With either outfit any squirrels within 100 yards are in peril.

My wife bakes the tree rats in apple cider - great table fare!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    When I'm not up a tree acting like a nut, I use my Marlin Model 60 with iron sites (I miss more that way) and when that gets too irritating and I am hungry for squirrel, I use a 60-70 year old single shot .410 that belonged to my Grandpa. I have a .410 pump but this old single shot seems to kill more squirrels.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom