• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’ve stayed out of this thread pretty much because I think it’s just a building. I’m not really all that sentimental about historical sites, so I leave this conversation to the people who care.

But. I hear people acting like this was a terrorist attack. I don’t think enough evidence has been reported to come to that conclusion. I asked in another thread and I can’t tell if it was a serious response. So I’ll ask for a serious response now. Do you believe the Notre Dame fire was a terrorist attack? If so, what is your evidence?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But. I hear people acting like this was a terrorist attack. I don’t think enough evidence has been reported to come to that conclusion. I asked in another thread and I can’t tell if it was a serious response. So I’ll ask for a serious response now. Do you believe the Notre Dame fire was a terrorist attack? If so, what is your evidence?
    I am in the, don't know, camp. But I am also in the, not sure they would tell anyone if they knew, camp, also. I think they would be fearful of the rage that could break out in France, leading to some very bad things not seen since the Revolution.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If it were, it would sort of break with standard operation. as far as I know, no one has claimed responsibility. That’s kinda the point of terrorism. What’s the point of terrorism if people don’t know who is terrorizing them, or if it is even terrorism? Also, they tend to like to blow **** up. Not burn it down.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Sri Lankan gov has blocked Facebook and WhatsApp, and may be throttling Internet speeds to curb the spread of news in the wake of the bombings.

They got two names before the internet was flipped off. The BBC is running full propaganda mode, and are trying to obfuscate that Christianity is the smallest religion on notable size in the country.

Theravada Buddhism is Sri Lanka's biggest religion, making up about 70.2% of the population, according to the most recent census. It is the religion of Sri Lanka's Sinhalese majority. It is given primary place in the country's laws and is singled out in the constitution. Hindus and Muslims make up 12.6% and 9.7% of the population respectively. Sri Lanka is also home to about 1.5 million Christians, according to the 2012 census, the vast majority of them Roman Catholic.

In comparison, this is what Straits Times wrote:

Out of Sri Lanka’s total population of around 22 million, 70 per cent are Buddhist, 12.6 per cent Hindu, 9.7 per cent Muslim, and 7.6 per cent Christian, according to the country’s 2012 census.

BBC's list of possible causes is disgraceful.

- Tamil Tigers, Hindu nationalists who reached a ceasefire with the Buddhist gov 10 years ago.
    - The ****ing Buddhists, because they'd been involved in what the BBC describes as "violent clashes with the Muslim community" 2 years ago. Can't immediately recall the last time Buddhists killed unprovoked...

Then the BBC has the balls to say the worst parts of this attack were:

- Backlash against peaceful Muslim communities (this old canard)
    - Modi, son of Hitler, might use it in a campaign speech
    - White people might use it to claim Christians are being persecuted
    - People might forget Christchurch

Anyway, the terror group has been ID'd as the NTJ. Other countries had tipped them off that Churches and hotels might be targeted.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...-sri-lanka-churches-during-easter-mass-police

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, here you go. DNC sent out a memo.

"Easter worshippers"

D4wYSURX4AIIcuZ.jpg:small

Edit, another:

D4viuR5U8AEofZ9.jpg:small

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Maybe when Loretta Lynch finally determines the motive of the San Ber'dino terrorists, she can head over and help out in Sri Lanka.:dunno:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The Yahoo article (I know, Yahoo) IDs the group by name, but goes out of it's way to NOT say anything about the organization being Muslim. I had to go look that up for myself. They call it a "domestic militant group."

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    The Yahoo article (I know, Yahoo) IDs the group by name, but goes out of it's way to NOT say anything about the organization being Muslim. I had to go look that up for myself. They call it a "domestic militant group."

Well they certainly don't want to offend anyone! And of course Christians don't count so there is no reason to mention them (purple intended).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Also, here you go. DNC sent out a memo.

"Easter worshippers"

D4wYSURX4AIIcuZ.jpg:small

Well, in America, many churches are populated with Easter Worshippers, as well as Christians, on that day.

I know that's bad... I'm hopeful that every visitor we get on C&E become Christ followers.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’ve stayed out of this thread pretty much because I think it’s just a building. I’m not really all that sentimental about historical sites, so I leave this conversation to the people who care.

Might want to check your threadGPS. I think you took a wrong turn at Rue de la Cité

Top Bottom