• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I not saying they're related - they're not. ISIS, and militant Islam, is a serious cancer on the world today.

I'm saying the picture doesn't tell that story. It just looks scary. I just see a bunch of dudes trying to show off how badass they are. The big difference is cultural. They're from a culture we've come to associate (right or wrong) with terrorism. To a different culture, a bunch of III% in a similar pose is just as scary. (Or yes, Route, a bunch of priest holding communion wine is just as scary to them)

Sometimes a thousand words isn't enough.

I don't read Arabic, so when I see that photo, are they my enemy or my enemy's enemy?

An image grab taken from a press release issued on April 23, 2019 by the Islamic State’s propaganda agency Amaq, allegedly shows eight men it said carried out a string of deadly suicide bomb blasts on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka, lined up at an undisclosed location. The man in the centre is believed to be Zahran Hashmi, who was identified by the Sri Lankan police as the leader of the Islamist National Thowheeth Jama'ath (NTJ) group, which Colombo has blamed for the attacks. | Photo Credit: AFP

The photo was pulled from an article stating that the group in said foto claimed responsibility for the aforementioned attacks. Ipso facto, over and out.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I not saying they're related - they're not. ISIS, and militant Islam, is a serious cancer on the world today.

I'm saying the picture doesn't tell that story. It just looks scary. I just see a bunch of dudes trying to show off how badass they are. The big difference is cultural. They're from a culture we've come to associate (right or wrong) with terrorism. To a different culture, a bunch of III% in a similar pose is just as scary. (Or yes, Route, a bunch of priest holding communion wine is just as scary to them)

Sometimes a thousand words isn't enough.

I don't read Arabic, so when I see that photo, are they my enemy or my enemy's enemy?

The black and white flag behind the group doesn't ... you know, give you a hint?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The black and white flag behind the group doesn't ... you know, give you a hint?
    No. Should it? The race is over? No... it's not checkered.

I guess I don't follow ISIS on FB enough. This is what I get for receiving almost all of my news via radio.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Google "Isis flag"

The visible white text is the shahada. The "Seal of the Prophet" (black lettering in white circle) is blocked by the wannabe murderers for god standing in front of it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I guess I don't follow ISIS on FB enough. This is what I get for receiving almost all of my news via radio.

Having an 'air gap' around anything connected to the web is good security. If you're listening primarily to NPR, then you can use headphones and still maintain that good security :stickpoke:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    First stop for trendy interweb citizens:

images.google.com

brand.gif

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

That flag has been all over the news, on multiple outlets via both internet and broadcast.

Maybe you should consider refraining from commenting on things you obviously know nothing about.

Radio.gif

Radio. :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That flag has been all over the news, on multiple outlets via both internet and broadcast.

Maybe you should consider refraining from commenting on things you obviously know nothing about.

There is a tendency to virtue signal even here. I could name at least three members that will call out anyone that makes a general statement.

Republicans are just as bad as Democrats

III% and Oath Keepers are just as bad as ISIS

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There is a tendency to virtue signal even here. I could name at least three members that will call out anyone that makes a general statement.

Wow really? So you've see the 3% or Oath Keepers bombing innocent people while yelling Jesus Saves! Or some other trendy words?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Don't forget to add:
    All Muslims are terrorist.
    All liboprogocrats are commie traitors.
    All illegal immigrants are just here for handouts.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is anti Islam “racist’? Islam isn’t a race. It’s a religion. Isn’t that racist claim racist itself? It has to claim that all Muslims are of Middle East heritage to be an issue of race.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Abraham was a Chaldean descendant of Eber (root of Hebrew)

Ishmael was the son of Abraham and Hagar (an Egyptian)

Isaac was the son of Abraham and Sarah (the son of promise)

Abraham had 6 more sons by Keturah (a Cananitish woman) many of whose descendants became great nations.

Mohammad was an Ishmaelite so...

Jesus was Judean so...

Genesis 26:4 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Father Abraham, had many sons, many sons had Father Abraham, I am one of them and so are you, (I hope) so let's just praise the Lord.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Easter Sunday bomber who lived and studied in the UK was under police surveillance in Sri Lanka in the years leading up to the suicide attacks

Top Bottom