• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fordfarmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    2014 Leukemia ,chronic lymphoma . Hang in there it gets better, chemo sucks big time 8 hours the first day and 6 the next for 6 months. Sometimes I thought the chemo was doing me in. There will be good days and bad, keep up the fight it gets better . Prayers with you

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Prayers for God's healing hand and for comfort for you and your loved ones. Also, prayers for the doctors and other medical professionals that their talents will be more than sufficient to see you back to health.

Cancer sucks.

Today also marks that I've been smoke free for 4 weeks and quit cold turkey after being diagnosed. Nothing like a big medical issue to get you to quit. Sad part is that I still want one. Smoked for 21 years and started at the age of 16.

My mom quit after decades of smoking and chain smoking. She had to, kinda like you and lived many years afterward...she said she's wanted a cigarette every single day. Stay strong.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Well round 2 of chemo went pretty much like the first one. About the only difference is I was at the clinic for 6 hours. I didn't realize (but I kind of did) that after my blood draw that I would see the Dr and then the chemo would start. The part I didn't realize is that I would be waiting on the Dr before he made his way to the exam room I was in. My appt was at 9am and they called me back right at 9 and drew my blood. It wasn't long after they called me back to the exam room where I spoke with the nurse (same as usual) and then wait for the Doc to show up. After he made his appearance and told me my numbers were looking better he left and it was time for chemo. Another thing I didn't take into consideration is I do not have a port yet so my treatments have to be done through IV's. Once the IV was in I also did not consider that I was going to get anti nausea meds along with a couple others. I quickly found out that the nausea meds I was receiving put me in a group of people that is less than 1% where they experience back spasms when receiving this type of nausea med. So out with it and they started a different kind. Once I got all my meds then the chemo started. By this time it's after noon. Everything else went rather smoothly though. I took a nap, ate some snacks and had something to drink. Watched tv and the next thing I know the last bag was running empty and it was about time to go home. Really about the only other thing to say is the next round of chemo will be the 19th. Hopefully it goes the same...without the back spasms.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well round 2 of chemo went pretty much like the first one. About the only difference is I was at the clinic for 6 hours. I didn't realize (but I kind of did) that after my blood draw that I would see the Dr and then the chemo would start. The part I didn't realize is that I would be waiting on the Dr before he made his way to the exam room I was in. My appt was at 9am and they called me back right at 9 and drew my blood. It wasn't long after they called me back to the exam room where I spoke with the nurse (same as usual) and then wait for the Doc to show up. After he made his appearance and told me my numbers were looking better he left and it was time for chemo. Another thing I didn't take into consideration is I do not have a port yet so my treatments have to be done through IV's. Once the IV was in I also did not consider that I was going to get anti nausea meds along with a couple others. I quickly found out that the nausea meds I was receiving put me in a group of people that is less than 1% where they experience back spasms when receiving this type of nausea med. So out with it and they started a different kind. Once I got all my meds then the chemo started. By this time it's after noon. Everything else went rather smoothly though. I took a nap, ate some snacks and had something to drink. Watched tv and the next thing I know the last bag was running empty and it was about time to go home. Really about the only other thing to say is the next round of chemo will be the 19th. Hopefully it goes the same...without the back spasms.

I guess nobody knows what all is entailed unless you go through it. Too bad you`re in the 1% that have the back , unbelievable. Keep us posted as to how you`re doing, as you feel up to it.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have had 2 instances where docs said I may have cancer. One proved benign and once was thyroid cancer. For about a week we were praying for thyroid cancer cuz the other option was non-Hodgkin's I believe(it wasn't a good one to have). Much like you, they struggled to determine what kind it was and we had no idea. Thankfully it proved thyroid so I dodged the Chemo.

Cancer is evil...pure and simple.

Good luck, prayers your way.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Best wishes to you Spainy79. Have you heard of juicing? My wife's co worker started it because her husband got a cancerous brain tumor and since then it hasn't gotten any bigger. My wife makes her own now, it tastes awful, but it's suppose to be a natural way for your body to get the toxins out. You might look it up.

Top Bottom