• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Best wishes to you Spainy79. Have you heard of juicing? My wife's co worker started it because her husband got a cancerous brain tumor and since then it hasn't gotten any bigger. My wife makes her own now, it tastes awful, but it's suppose to be a natural way for your body to get the toxins out. You might look it up.

I have heard of juicing. A coworker "juices" and did so to drop weight. Haven't heard of anyone doing this for cancer treatments though.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Spainy, Your at the Top of my Prayer List! I did 45 Radiation Treatments last Summer for Prostate Cancer. All the time I spent in the Machine I Prayed for other Folks. I put it in God's Hands and HE took care of me.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Spainy, Your at the Top of my Prayer List! I did 45 Radiation Treatments last Summer for Prostate Cancer. All the time I spent in the Machine I Prayed for other Folks. I put it in God's Hands and HE took care of me.

45! Right now I'm looking to get 12-14 treatments. One every 2 weeks until June.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Here's a pic of my port install from Wednesday and the scar from my biopsy just below the center of my neck. The incision for the port is healing and itches a lot. Got some pain meds for it too. I've also noticed that my hair is starting to fall out. It's not noticeable but I see it. Facial hair gathers on my shirt throughout the day and the hair that is in the bath tub after showering. I'd say I'll be shaving before the month is over.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I have not updated this in a while. So since my last post my hair did fall out, shaved and then it just started to grow right back. Weird. It is very slow growing though. I finally made my way back to work at the end of March. The really odd part was the majority of my coworkers had never seen me without facial hair. A lot of them had to do a double take. To date I have had 10 treatments and have not vomited once. I might get a little nauseous the next day or 2 but that's it. I handled the first few rounds really good and then it started to rear it's ugly head and I would feel miserable for a couple days after treatment. As of now I have 2 more to go. I had a ct scan done in the beginning of April and it showed my spleen being of normal size and the masses around it had all shrank. That was one thing I didn't find out until later was that there were more than one mass around my spleen. The biggest being 2 inches. No wonder my spleen was swollen. One person said it's like your spleen is the size of a snickers bar and was touching my liver. I'll get another ct scan a week or 2 after my last round of chemo. I will say I've had an easier time giving up cigarettes than I have trying to cut sugar out of my diet. This Friday will make 5 months without a smoke. My oncologist also told me it was in my best interest if I didn't drink while going through treatments too. So maybe in June I'll finally get to have a Yuengling that wasn't smuggled back home. Yeah, haven't had a beer since November. I'm not a big drinker anyway but damn it I want a Yuengling.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I have not updated this in a while. So since my last post my hair did fall out, shaved and then it just started to grow right back. Weird. It is very slow growing though. I finally made my way back to work at the end of March. The really odd part was the majority of my coworkers had never seen me without facial hair. A lot of them had to do a double take. To date I have had 10 treatments and have not vomited once. I might get a little nauseous the next day or 2 but that's it. I handled the first few rounds really good and then it started to rear it's ugly head and I would feel miserable for a couple days after treatment. As of now I have 2 more to go. I had a ct scan done in the beginning of April and it showed my spleen being of normal size and the masses around it had all shrank. That was one thing I didn't find out until later was that there were more than one mass around my spleen. The biggest being 2 inches. No wonder my spleen was swollen. One person said it's like your spleen is the size of a snickers bar and was touching my liver. I'll get another ct scan a week or 2 after my last round of chemo. I will say I've had an easier time giving up cigarettes than I have trying to cut sugar out of my diet. This Friday will make 5 months without a smoke. My oncologist also told me it was in my best interest if I didn't drink while going through treatments too. So maybe in June I'll finally get to have a Yuengling that wasn't smuggled back home. Yeah, haven't had a beer since November. I'm not a big drinker anyway but damn it I want a Yuengling.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man I did not handle the treatments well at all. It was in 02 so they may have the meds tightened up a bit by now.

Prayers outgoing. Stay strong and keep us in the loop.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Prayers going out to you. I am glad you are handling the Chemo well. They have changed things a lot even in just the last few years. The big C is high on the list of things I love to see illuminated in my life time. I have lost to many loved ones & friends over the years including my my wife. My buddy's mom is having surgery tomorrow. 3rd time around. She is a fighter. You have to be! Enjoy that beer when the time is right. Toast to kicking the big C right in the ass!!! More and more people are beating it and it's a true blessing.

Best wishes and continue be blessed.

Top Bottom