Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No exceptions. Either "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone", or else "equal accommodation for all". The middle ground will always lead to unequal protection under the law.

I'm good either way, but like you, I prefer the former.

The problem is: we're long past that point, and have no viable path to return to it. So, what then do we do, while ensuring equal protection under law?

My exceptions stem from denial of a service that puts a person's life or health at risk. For instance the whole "last gas station in the desert for the next 300 miles."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Shocking to civilians, perhaps. The again, you listened to any music from this decade?

You might have the oratorial skills to bring about greater human understanding in that magical moment.

My choice is based on giving up on millennials who believe that the world owes them a comfortable existence free of annoyances.

**** em.

Just surprised it would be kosher to be disrespectful in uniform. I don’t disagree with the sentiment,just figured they’d be reprimanded for doing so in our modern times

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Just surprised it would be kosher to be disrespectful in uniform. I don’t disagree with the sentiment,just figured they’d be reprimanded for doing so in our modern times

The Marine Corp have civilian language classes you attend before you are contractually released to the general public. Most of the young men can flip a switch and go from F and MF'er to, Yes, I would like to order a California burrito with a large Pepsi to go please, Thank you ma'am. 45 seconds later, hey MF'in dickweed, did you see the t!ts on that girl..

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    There are a few things that make feel uncomfortable (not in any order).

1. Pants half on the butt
    2. Full face coverings (burka style - only eyes showing)
    3. People who wear trench coats all dressed in black

Those are a few of mine. How about yours?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

An ex wife smiling ar you across a courtroom.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I know the commies have already taken New Mexico, looks like they just about have Arizona now too.

The commies are everywhere.

A starbucks is nothing less than a commie embassy in any city...

Remember when you were a kid playing tag, and you ran on base? You felt safe right? That's today's commies. A starbuck is their "base".

Cop: "I'll take a black coffee."

Commie: "You can't touch me, I'm on base."

I will NEVER go into one of those commie embassies.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Sounds like an isolated weirdo and an employee who made a poor choice. Or, nobody complained and it was just an employee being a jerk.

I hate when the actions of one bad LEO get projected onto every LEO, and it works both ways. I won’t change my opinion of Starbucks over this story.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    A walking conundrum...shopping at Dick's Sporting goods, while eating a Chick-fiL-a, drinking a cuppa Starbucks....while you wait on your package from Cheaper Than Dirt.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I need to know who's wearing the pants before I can judge if it bothers me or not.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yeah, I already dont really like them. So I really cant say I hate them because a peon acted against policy like a jackwagon. People seem to have forgotten how to separate company from employee in bad situations. Fair Oaks Farms anyone?

This was handled pretty good by corporate and I appreciate the public apology and what appears to be a physical cross country trip to address it in person. I dont recall seeing how the employee was disciplined or shown the door him/herself. THAT would have been acceptable. "What in the HELL were you thinking? Now YOU can get out." At least they need to not be a manager any longer, if not cut loose entirely if they were just a lowly Barista.

One thing though:

"What occurred in our store on July 4 is never the experience your officers or any customer should have, and at Starbucks, we are already taking the necessary steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again in the future."

This will be interesting how they can handle it in the future. After all, if the employee went by the book, he would have told the snowflake to pound sand. But then that would have been a bad experience for soyboy. SOMEBODY is gonna be butthurt. At least they recognized that the idiot should have been the only one upset.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The fact remains a large portion of the country views law enforcement as a symbol of oppression and hate.
    Police are to be feared and hated and never cooperated with even if someone killed a family member. Police are not respected nor is the country or any form of local, State or federal government which in there mind all “Police” represent.

Right or Wrong doesn’t matter that’s the way many people feel about law enforcement and would rather not be around them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The fact remains a large portion of the country views law enforcement as a symbol of oppression and hate.
    Police are to be feared and hated and never cooperated with even if someone killed a family member. Police are not respected nor is the country or any form of local, State or federal government which in there mind all “Police” represent.

Right or Wrong doesn’t matter that’s the way many people feel about law enforcement and would rather not be around them.

Those folks are free to leave if they don't feel comfortable being around police officers.

The problem is not feeling unsafe around cops.
    The problem is making the cops leave because of your own fears/issues.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Good cops rarely make the news.Like those just recently ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nypd-officers-shoplifting-instead-of-arresting-a-woman-accused-of-shoplifting-these-nypd-cops-paid-for-her-groceries/

[FONT=&amp]Three New York City police officers were working on the Fourth of July when they decided to stop by a Manhattan Whole Foods supermarket. Security guards told the cops a woman was shoplifting groceries -- and officers are now getting massive praise for their generous response.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The cops -- now identified as Lt. Louis Sojo and Officers Esnaidy Cuevas and Michael Rivera -- were on the way to grab a snack and cold drink in the store when security guards told them a woman was stealing food, Sojo said at a press conference Friday. The cops approached her to assess the situation. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]"I asked her, 'What's going on?' She told me she was hungry," said Sojo."So, I looked in her bag. I decided -- we decided -- to say 'We'll pay for her food.'"[/FONT]

Bad cops always do, as they should.

Top Bottom