State of the forum Address 7/09 - Please Read! (Caution: Epic Post)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Awesome post, Mike!! :rockwoot::ingo:

IMHO - Bottom line: Anybody who doesn't think this site is worth a lousy $10 (or more) a year has absolutely no room to gripe about anything!!! :cool:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I've all but "quit" most of the other forums I had been to.
    Not much out there seems to stack up!

There are other forums? lol

Thanks for the site Fenway and everyones hard work that helps keep it running!
    Thanks for the regular updates on the site too.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    To Mike, Mods, and fellow Members, (especially Site Supporters!)

Thank you all very much for all of the occasionally thankless help and countless hours you have all put in to my favorite online community. I have met many great friends and acquaintances here on INGO from all walks of life, often with firearms and political views being the "blessed tie that binds" us together in a sense. I have been a member of numerous other forums which didn't have the same family-oriented community feel that I think makes INGO different and special. I look forward to seeing what conversations have taken place in my absence, even if they are entertaining disagreements sometimes. I have never been prouder to be a part of a forum quite like I am INGO, I seem to bring it up daily to others, (sometimes much to my wife's dismay) and have had a few friends join in the process. Thanks again everyone, I look forward to sharing the forum with you.

:ingo:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks, Fenway. I appreciate all your efforts. This has become my favorite forum and as others have said I all but quit even logging on to any other forums. This place is popular due directly to your vision and work and the work of the mods. Again Thank You.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Another heartfelt Congratulations and many thanks. I can imagine the work involved as I have done some moderating on low activity sites before. It can be a daunting task I know to keep everyone in line and still keep a friendly atmosphere. You all do a great job (even if they deleted my Cheech and Chong quote).

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    I even sit at work and read this site because its hard not to really enjoy the quality and content of all the diversity on here let alone all the great knowledge provided by so many people who seem to know whatever it is when a person needs help with just about any question or item needed. Great job and please don't change a thing? I have told so many people about this site...I wouldn't if it was not so good.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Thanks guys for putting together such a great forum and for being willing to develop the thick skin necessary to keep it that way. With 5,000 INGOers out there, you are correct that it is impossible to please them all. Stick with the plan and this site will have 10,000 before we know it.

We're gonna need some more site supporters. In addition to the ninja level supporter, maybe we need an "order of the bacon" site supporter for $xx that gives you a clever bacon-esque site supporter badge.

:ingo:

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    id pay extra to have the site supporter bacon badge...i think this is a awesome place to hang out learn about different guns,watch people vent about different things...so thanks for letting me be a part of this great site...

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    No problem with the rules here. I first started coming here when someone told me about the classifieds, but I found it to be a really great site. More than just gun related. Keep up the good work!

DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Mike (Fenway),

I just wanted to thank you for your vision and leadership with this forum. I do not post much, but I do read alot and have learned much here from other members,etc. I also enjoyed INGO day at 21st Century last spring. My job requires me to work most weekends so I have not made to any other events yet. So thanks again keep up the excellent work IMO!!
    :D :yesway: :yesway:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I can come here and be abused, cussed at, yelled at and laughed at. It's just like being married...but much, much cheaper. :D Thanks for the hard work and dedication. :yesway:

The problem is that you like it!!!! :D

Oh and
    smiley-signs034.gif

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Fenway, you have done a good job keeping things balanced around here. The site is successful due to your vision and all of the hard work of many.
    While there will always be those who complain, most would never be successful at making a forum run smoothly. Heck most wouldn't want the headache of dealing with complainers. Thanks for creating a place that feels like home and a place where we all can learn a great deal.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I would like to see Mike flex some political muscle. Call up some state politician and tell him you represent 5000 Indiana gunowners and we want them leave us the heck alone.

Thanks for everything Mike.

Top Bottom