State of the forum Address 7/09 - Please Read! (Caution: Epic Post)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I am fairly new to the site, only been a member for a couple of months now. I really enjoy it here.As a disabled american veteran, i am home all day. Since a friend introduced me to this site i rarely go on Any other.
    My wife asked me why am on on INGO so much? The only way I could explain it to her was like this. "When we are at the gun range, everyone talkes to each other. They help each other out. It like being with friends even though it might be your first time meeting them. That is what INGO is like for me." I didn't know how else to explain it.

Thank you Fenway fo this site. Without it I would be spending my day watching Have Gun - Will Travel.(is that such a bad thing)???

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    There are so many accurate posts in this thread, its hard not to duplicate some.

I've said it before, I'll say it again....it's the good people of this site that make it a place that we all want to come back to.

By that I mean the people from the top down...Mike, all the individual mods and their various backgrounds and experiences. The Site Supporters and Advertisers and the general visitors that peruse the threads gaining knowledge without sacrificing pride or fear of asking a dumb question.

I think Mike and his chosen Mods do a great job here, as well as some of the old timers that lend a helping "shush you, we don't need nor want that around here" when needed. Thanks for a family friendly environment everbody!

:yesway: :ingo: :patriot:

:cheers:

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Thank you.

While it feels a little different than when it first started, this board is a great place to get good information. I fully support the PG-13 intent and hope this forum can introduce a whole new generation to the pleasure of the shooting.

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks, because I've never owned a gun before this year and for a newbie, This is a great site! I have learned a lot! Thanks!:rockwoot:

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Dittos on all the above.
    You have created a great place for all of us to hang out and discuss like minded ideas.
    Its your site so you make the rules which so far, I'm thinking 99.998% of the membership agrees with you.
    I think the growth of your site is due the rules that were established up front.
    I like the idea that its family friendly, not rough & tough.
    The comoradiey is great

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I have been on vacation so I am now just catching up. I have really enjoyed my time on INGO for the most part. Lately I have felt a little less enthusiastic but I chalk it up to growing pains. I have my own opinion and it’s just that, an opinion.

So here it is.

I think INGO should be a pay site (4sarge your fees are on me). I think a reasonable fee should be charged. A small fee will weed out the trolls and undesirables. I think Fenway should make money (enough to quit his other job). I like some of the MODs but believe INGO could improve a great deal in that department, no offense intended. I just think some of them whine a little too much, but I am a Marine and used to sucking it up. :D

I really have enjoyed INGO and look forward to its exciting future. I think big things could happen for INGO, Hoosiers, and 2nd Amendment activist. I am all so a realist and know it is going to take money. I understand the want for a free access site and while that is admirable I do not see how it can maintain the numbers I suspect INGO will grow. I will gladly pay my site supporter fee and recruit new members.

Funny thing happened today. There is a military vehicle museum in Anderson that is having a show this weekend. Lots of military vehicles and military surplus. While checking out the show I see a guy wearing Century 21 Firearms t-shirt. I asked him if he knew Dave? No. I asked him if had been to Century 21 Firearms recently? No. I then asked him if he was a member on INGO? No, not really I log on as a guest and went to the picnic a couple of weeks ago and that’s were he got the t-shirt. Think about that for a minute. 5000+ members, how many more like this guy? INGO is really reaching some uncharted areas in gun ownership. It would be interesting to compare our membership growth to other like forums in other states.

Fenway if your looking for some investors let us know. :D
    How much for one of them Moderator buttons? :D

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have been busy on a couple of projects and just read. I think this is a great site and have seen some problems arise and watched how they were handled. I think Fenway has done a great job with this site and with the moderators. I am sure that I have not always agreed, but I have always respected the decisions made.

Thanks to all of you who have made this such a great place to hang out.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to Fenway for a great forum, and thanks to all of the members who care enough to make this a great place to hang out and learn more.

If I may make one suggestion for future updates to the forum:

With the growth of not only the population on this forum, but also the growth of first time permit applications, I'd love to see a section dedicated to educating the newbies.

Thing to include might be:
    Some of the classic threads that answer FAQs that always pop up,
    Locations of ranges and gun clubs
    A Sticky or two with really important info: like the links to apply for the various LTCH / links to good sites that cover terminology, gun types etc.

As a newbie - soon to be gun owner - I'd love to have some of this info more easily accessible. My INGO friends are nice, but I don't want to keep pestering them when I know the info is here... but I don't know where to look.

Even without that, this a great little forum, and I'm very glad it was recommended to me!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Thanks to Fenway for a great forum, and thanks to all of the members who care enough to make this a great place to hang out and learn more.

If I may make one suggestion for future updates to the forum:

With the growth of not only the population on this forum, but also the growth of first time permit applications, I'd love to see a section dedicated to educating the newbies.

Thing to include might be:
    Some of the classic threads that answer FAQs that always pop up,
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html
    Locations of ranges and gun clubs https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/8594-list_of_indiana_shooting_ranges.html
    A Sticky or two with really important info: like the links to apply for the various LTCH / links to good sites that cover terminology, gun types etc.

As a newbie - soon to be gun owner - I'd love to have some of this info more easily accessible. My INGO friends are nice, but I don't want to keep pestering them when I know the info is here... but I don't know where to look.

Even without that, this a great little forum, and I'm very glad it was recommended to me!

The answers to most of your questions are stickied at the top of the General Firearms forum and the Breakroom Forum

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Fenway, thank you and the others for working so hard no creating this site and the community that has grown up around it. The breadth and depth of knowledge that is accessible here is one of a kind.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Thank you Mike and all of the Mods. I enjoy this site a great deal. I'm not much of a poster here (no my keyboard is not jammed). I've learned alot and try to log in each day.

As far as the financial side of keeping this site up and running, I look at it this way;
    I pay "X" amount of dollars to subscribe to 'gun' magazines and I get just as much if not more benefit and enjoyment out of this site. Ergo, I would be more than willing to
    subscribe (pay) a like amount for the use of this site. Just something to think about Mr. Fenway.
    Please keep up the good fight, you sir are obviously doing something right here and I commend you for it.

Top Bottom