The seven nays were predictable with few surprises:

Breaux
    Broden
    Lanane
    Randolph
    Rogers
    Simpson
    Taylor

Among the surprises were votes to pass from Wyss, Kenley, Tallian, Mrvan, and Skinner.

I'll be writing to thank my Senator for his vote and also writing my rep to support this bill;
    The pressure will be on now- the media has caught wind and the usual suspects are ramping up to defeat these bills and our hard-won victories.

Your letters mean more now than ever this session, but they will need to be repeated closer to the vote. For those who missed the chance to contact your senator before the vote, write to him/her now with thanks. As much as this might sound like an NRA campaign, I'm asking for no money, just your time and a little thought. Those notes are free to you to write.

Thanks for everyone's support so far!

Blessings,
    Bill

I won't take total credit for the way Tallian voted but here is my correspondence with her from five weeks ago...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ersation_between_me_and_my_state_senator.html

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    That's great that you did that. It's really encouraging to see politicians engage in thoughtful discourse with voters, even on issues they ostensibly have already made up their mind about.

Top Bottom