• ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Let me get all of your opinions/thoughts on this;

I called SRJCO here: FAQ | Uniforms and Equipment for Public Safety - Steven R. Jenkins Company, Inc. and I spoke to a gentleman whom said they don't sell to civilians. Now this is what confuses me. If you take a look at the page the link above directs you to, it clearly states:

"Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to purchase a gun?

You must bring in your public safety ID and your Indiana carry permit (if you are not a sworn police officer). You also need your Indiana driver's license and it MUST have your current address on it. This is a federal law. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the store before you come in."

What, exactly, is going on here? What do you guys think?

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    SRJ sells to other first responders, not just sworn police officers. Firefighters and others are included on the list, that's why you need your public safety ID and DL. I've never been asked for my LTCH.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    So, a normal civilian would be sold to?

With public safety ID, yes. Without public safety ID, no. It's more or less the same rules as buds police supply, you have to have public safety credentials.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question, who are you thinking is in the included group?

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    With public safety ID, yes. Without public safety ID, no. It's more or less the same rules as buds police supply, you have to have public safety credentials.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question, who are you thinking is in the included group?

All civilians, but I'm wrong apparently. This makes me sad. They have what i want, but can't purchase it unless I'm a civil servant of some type :(

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    All civilians, but I'm wrong apparently. This makes me sad. They have what i want, but can't purchase it unless I'm a civil servant of some type :(

It's due to their contract with glock. They only sell the blue labels. What is it that you want might I ask? Most other gun shops have a large amount of Glocks in stock

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I think you're confused. You CAN purchase a/the firearm from them. They do sell to civilians, BUT for the "discounted" price you must be LEO, military, etc.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I think you're confused. You CAN purchase a/the firearm from them. They do sell to civilians, BUT for the "discounted" price you must be LEO, military, etc.

But, why wouldn't the guy of told me that? I don't get it, as a customer I called looking for a gun which they had. He told me they don't sell to civvies, not just "hey there won't be a discount if you are" just a no. I still really am confused.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    This isn't from their site, but its a list from another place that should give you an idea.

• Active Military personnel - all branches
    • Retired Military personnel - all branches
    • National Guard personnel - all branches
    • Military Reserve personnel - all branches

• Fire Fighters - including volunteers
    • Paramedics and EMTs

• TSA Employees
    • Commercial Pilots
    • Federal Flight Deck Officers

• Court Judges
    • District and Deputy District Attorneys

• All sworn Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
    • All retired Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
    • All Corrections Officers
    • State Licensed Security Company

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country

I don't think so. I believe SRJco sells only to Public Safety and Security Agencies. Without Creds, I don't think you can buy anything from them. I would call and double check this, but I believe this is how it works.

It's an RTF2 G19 with the Fish Gill serrations :D

Ahhhhh I can see the problem now. Sorry, hopefully you can find it.

By the way, how did you find out that SRJco had it in the first place?

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I don't think so. I believe SRJco sells only to Public Safety and Security Agencies. Without Creds, I don't think you can buy anything from them. I would call and double check this, but I believe this is how it works.

Which I have done...and posted about on the first page. I think I may be screwed on this one. No family that falls in the requirements of whom they sell to.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas

I've always been under the impression you had to be a qualifying purchaser. They wanted my credentials for sure. I'll be back for Glock Days next Wednesday!

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    No, unless you have an ID proving you work for as a First responder they will not sell to you period.

So here's a scenario;

What if someone allowed to purchase there did so, and later they decide to trade the particular firearm they bought. That's completely legal right? I mean it has to be, it happens all the time.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I've always been under the impression you had to be a qualifying purchaser. They wanted my credentials for sure. I'll be back for Glock Days next Wednesday!

See you there, Im planning on bringing home something new and hopefully winning the free glock they will be giving away! :D

GLOCK DAYS are May 2 (Indy store) and May 3 (Fort Wayne Store) Drawing for a new Glock given away at each store.

They will have a glock rep their giving away free items and such.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    So here's a scenario;

What if someone allowed to purchase there did so, and later they decide to trade the particular firearm they bought. That's completely legal right? I mean it has to be, it happens all the time.

As long as they did not have the intentions to do this in the first place, I believe this would fall under the straw purchases but don't quote me on that as I haven't looked too far into that.

Top Bottom