• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I'm calling again tomorrow for stone cold clarification. This is killing me!

I would ask point blank if they would sell a gun to you without having a public safety ID. And if you get a yes answer, make sure you write that name down!

I suspect they have a very specific definition of "civilian" that might be a little different from what most of us believe it means. They also sell all kinds of other first responder related stuff, so make sure they understand you are talking about a firearm and not a pair of tacticool underwear ;)

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Plinkuh, I am not LEO. I am a member of the Glock Sports Shooting Federation (GSSF). Earlier this year I did get my G19 at Steven R. Jenkins. You could get a two year membership in GSSF for $60. This will allow you to buy one Glock at LEO pricing. The difficult part will be that you need to wait about 3 weeks from when you sign up for GSSF until you get the card you need to buy the Glock. The people at S.R.J were very polite and helpful... and they follow their rules. When I was waiting for the background check I asked if I could look around the store. The woman said "you can look all you want, but you cannot buy anything else."

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Plinkuh, I am not LEO. I am a member of the Glock Sports Shooting Federation (GSSF). Earlier this year I did get my G19 at Steven R. Jenkins. You could get a two year membership in GSSF for $60. This will allow you to buy one Glock at LEO pricing. The difficult part will be that you need to wait about 3 weeks from when you sign up for GSSF until you get the card you need to buy the Glock. The people at S.R.J were very polite and helpful... and they follow their rules. When I was waiting for the background check I asked if I could look around the store. The woman said "you can look all you want, but you cannot buy anything else."

Thanks, great post.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    It's an RTF2 G19 with the Fish Gill serrations :D

Thanks for the legwork Plinkuh, you just saved me a few phone calls and now I know where to go tomorrow to get my new RTF2 G19 with the Fish Gill serrations!!!

I'm guessing $396 with the discount?:laugh::laugh:

I'm kidding! I don't buy Glocks.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Thanks for the legwork Plinkuh, you just saved me a few phone calls and now I know where to go tomorrow to get my new RTF2 G19 with the Fish Gill serrations!!!

With every post that avatar is becoming more and more correlated with Plinkuh's real appearance. :laugh:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN

haha :laugh::laugh:

If its the same one I saw its used(not very much) with standard sights and it was around $325. They also had g17's RTF. with night sights and without night sights were around $400.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have always been asked to show LE ID before making any purchase, and they have seen me in the store plenty. I guess I could pull out my Military ID (RET) also, but they always ask to see LE ID.

Top Bottom