Stir the pot... Your preferred subcompact 9mm.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll start this by saying I carried this way for way too long. I also thought it was comfortable. But with the right holster and belt, you'll be much better off comfort wise. But that's not the biggest issue. Re-holstering into a holster should only need one hand. Having to take the holster off, put the gun in and then clip it back on to your belt is bad. And please for the love of all things good, don't use the muzzle if your pistol to work it back into the holster while it's on your belt. Those holsters also have next to zero retention. Chances are if you're rolling around on the ground or running for all you're worth, that gun won't stay in place. And if you're doing one of the above, chances are that you'll need your pistol too.

My recommendation is start with a good belt. Not a heavy duty Walmart belt. A real gun belt. I and other here really like the Daltech Force Super BioBelt. They run about $60 shipped. Beltman, Galco, 511 and a bunch of others make true gun belts too. The belt is the foundation for comfort. Next will be a good holster. Since you have a Shield, you have lots of good options. Look at Alien Gear, Galco, Crossbreed, Nate Squared (N8 2) or any other of the numerous quality holster makers. Personally, I prefer a kydex, leather hybrid like the Crossbreed or Galco IWB. But you will find one that works best for you.

One thing these have in common is they are not cheap. Yes, you will spend some of your hard earned cash on good equipment. But in the long run, it's worth it. If your rolling around on the ground because some crackhead jumped you and you reach for your gun and it isn't there, I'd bet you'd pay $150 to get out of that situation. And it will really be more comfortable wearing everyday.

Just my :twocents:

Repp'd and agree 100%.

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    Kahr cm9 hands down my favorite to carry and shoot. I also love my sccy cpx2 but mainly sentimental since it was a father's day gift and I've put alot of mods to it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I recently switched from a Walther PPS M2 to a Sig P365. The PPS was comfortable, and I shot it pretty well, but I shot the P365 better the first time I tried it than I shot the PPS I owned for two years.

The increased ammo capacity is just a nice bonus.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Interesting how things change. A lot are recommending the P365. If you posted this a couple years ago, it most likely would have been the Shield.

Times change and companies are always coming out with new stuff. You have so many options. Pick one that feels good to you, try to shoot it if you can and buy it.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Interesting how things change. A lot are recommending the P365. If you posted this a couple years ago, it most likely would have been the Shield.

Times change and companies are always coming out with new stuff. You have so many options. Pick one that feels good to you, try to shoot it if you can and buy it.
    That's what I've learned. Many of the reviews I've been reading/watching are 10 or so years old, and yet the guns with a few exceptions are the same.

Wasn't able to make it to my LGS today, but that's the plan. Fondle many things, and hopefully come to a conclusion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Shield for auto, j frame for revolver.
    The 642 is in the running, albeit a bit behind the other options. Will likely end up with one eventually. While I'm at the shop, I do want to take a look at the LCR as well.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The 642 is in the running, albeit a bit behind the other options. Will likely end up with one eventually. While I'm at the shop, I do want to take a look at the LCR as well.

In my opinion, a LCR is much better in recoil control than a 642. I had a 642 and liked the way it carried. But shooting is is unpleasant. As with any gun you carry, you need to practice with it. I just couldn't put more than about 30 rounds of standard ammo through it without my hands hurting. The LCR is so much more comfortable. Yes it's a little heavier and the factory grips are a bit bulkier. But being able to actually practice with it, I'll take that trade off any day.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    In my opinion, a LCR is much better in recoil control than a 642. I had a 642 and liked the way it carried. But shooting is is unpleasant. As with any gun you carry, you need to practice with it. I just couldn't put more than about 30 rounds of standard ammo through it without my hands hurting. The LCR is so much more comfortable. Yes it's a little heavier and the factory grips are a bit bulkier. But being able to actually practice with it, I'll take that trade off any day.

This is part of the reason I'm trying to make the switch to carrying my P10C instead of my Shield. The Shield isn't bad, but I don't use it when I take a training class and I usually run 30 rounds or so through it when I go to the range to shoot my other guns.

So if I can get used to carrying a larger and heavier pistol, I'll have one gun for training, self defense, range, competition and carrying!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This is part of the reason I'm trying to make the switch to carrying my P10C instead of my Shield. The Shield isn't bad, but I don't use it when I take a training class and I usually run 30 rounds or so through it when I go to the range to shoot my other guns.

So if I can get used to carrying a larger and heavier pistol, I'll have one gun for training, self defense, range, competition and carrying!

I do that with my XDm 5.25. Well, I used to. With the right shirt, I can carry it IWB with ease. It's just a little heavy. I mostly carry my XDs 4" and the LCR in my pocket.

Agrv8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I am currently putting the Sig P365 through the paces but it’s a great daily carry and haven’t had any issues to speak of.
    I’d normally recommend a Glock 43 but the Sig has a slimmer profile and more capacity.
    If you still like the CZ, then perhaps the CZ 2075 RAMI would be an easier transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Top Bottom