Stir the pot... Your preferred subcompact 9mm.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    My overall favorite subcompact would be a S&W 3913, a little large by today's standard, but still my favorite. I carry a Glock 26 for everyday carry.

The Walking Dead's Andrea ... My fiancee, Kathy ... and you, have great taste in 3rd Gen S&W!

ddiFvgm.jpg

thewoods868

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2017
    Paoli
    First choice sig P365 second choice s&w shield third Ruger lc9s pro. These would be my choices if I carried 9mm. I carry a Glock 33

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll start this by saying I carried this way for way too long. I also thought it was comfortable. But with the right holster and belt, you'll be much better off comfort wise. But that's not the biggest issue. Re-holstering into a holster should only need one hand. Having to take the holster off, put the gun in and then clip it back on to your belt is bad. And please for the love of all things good, don't use the muzzle if your pistol to work it back into the holster while it's on your belt. Those holsters also have next to zero retention. Chances are if you're rolling around on the ground or running for all you're worth, that gun won't stay in place. And if you're doing one of the above, chances are that you'll need your pistol too.

My recommendation is start with a good belt. Not a heavy duty Walmart belt. A real gun belt. I and other here really like the Daltech Force Super BioBelt. They run about $60 shipped. Beltman, Galco, 511 and a bunch of others make true gun belts too. The belt is the foundation for comfort. Next will be a good holster. Since you have a Shield, you have lots of good options. Look at Alien Gear, Galco, Crossbreed, Nate Squared (N8 2) or any other of the numerous quality holster makers. Personally, I prefer a kydex, leather hybrid like the Crossbreed or Galco IWB. But you will find one that works best for you.

One thing these have in common is they are not cheap. Yes, you will spend some of your hard earned cash on good equipment. But in the long run, it's worth it. If your rolling around on the ground because some crackhead jumped you and you reach for your gun and it isn't there, I'd bet you'd pay $150 to get out of that situation. And it will really be more comfortable wearing everyday.

Just my :twocents:

BT is spot on. Most of us have Uncle Mikes sitting in a drawer or bin from when we first started to carry and did not understand how important a quality belt/holster combination really is. A good belt and holster will make even a full size, 3lb 1911 comfortable for carry all day. Smaller, lighter guns just seem to disappear when you carry with a good rig. Disappear as in you don’t feel them there and visually too as it keeps the gun nice and tight against your body.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I mean Sig did end up selling them for like $175 a pop, they did the impossible and underbid Glock. Special Forces will continue to use whatever pistols they want. At the end of the day for a big contract like that cost is a big factor, same reason the 92 beat out tbe P226 in the last contract.
    Correction, SIG didn’t have control of any airbases in Italy we really needed.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    Well looks like I'm the oddball here. I'm carrying an xd mod 2. It's gotta be double stack for me. I like a fatter grip and extra capacity. Still searching for the iwb holster that is perfect.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah i knew you had. I wasnt meaning you as an example when I said that but a lot of people will run out and buy guns just because a department or branch picked them.
    I wouldn't own that new Army Sig if you gave me one and i mean that.
    Besides, special operations units have been running Glocks in combat since the start of the war on terror and some before that im sure.
    But for every tom dick and harry and sally they chose the pistol theyre less likely to blow their nuts off with unless they drop it.
    SIG pulled some really dirty stuff knowingly. I did buy a p365, sold it but later shot it. Great pistol I just am set in my ways for now.

I just wont go buy one because that was some departments lowest bidder or pick over others. We all know how bias comes into play in those decisions too.

I will say though the 3rd gen Smith's that were adopted by agency's kept a ticking and still tick now in the surplus market.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    If you wear jeans, it won't work.
    I wear cargo pants or shorts. Works fine in those.
    Have a bodyguard 380 for summer time carry. Thought I could step up to a 9mm for winter/fall in a coat pocket

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well looks like I'm the oddball here. I'm carrying an xd mod 2. It's gotta be double stack for me. I like a fatter grip and extra capacity. Still searching for the iwb holster that is perfect.
    When you finally find that holster, you’re going to be heartbroken that it’s wrapped around a Glock 19

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    For some degree of closure, went with a PPS M2. Case and 4mags (2 7rnd, 2 8rnd). I do want to pick up a flush fit in the future. It looks nearly unfired, with zero wear on the feed ramp. Overall felt the best in hand, and was a fan of the trigger. The Glock duo placed 2nd and will probably end up with a 26 down the road.

Next task is finding a holster. I have an ANR Design coming for my P-01. If that turns out the way I'm hoping, I'll go that route, as they are a local company (New Hampshire, I'm in Maine).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    97b73151ce04b4c91dffc013c785fe8b.jpg

Last edited:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Just picked up a Ruger LC9S Pro. Absolutely in love with the trigger. Have had a 43 and shield and as much as I wanted to love them, I just couldnt. This one may be a keeper

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom