Stir the pot... Your preferred subcompact 9mm.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    CZ Rami is the closest thing I have to a subcompact carry pistol I guess. I frequently carry a P01 so the function is familiar and the bigger mags work in the Rami. Both are decockers as well. If I were forced to pick a new model I’d have to go with the Sig P365. Amazing pistol!

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    CZ Rami is the closest thing I have to a subcompact carry pistol I guess. I frequently carry a P01 so the function is familiar and the bigger mags work in the Rami. Both are decockers as well. If I were forced to pick a new model I’d have to go with the Sig P365. Amazing pistol!
    I'd like to hold one before purchasing, but the manual of arms and mag compatibility is a huge draw. May be a bit chunkier than I'm looking for though. I'm currently in the People's Republic of California for the week, but will hopefully be able to handle some of the suggestion once I return to a free state.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    lkmsvVu.jpg

P365 is the answer you seek, even ISP adopted it as their back up gun
    Law Enforcement and Military Endorsements dont mean anything frankly.
    P365 seems to be a solid pistol now, but who uses a pistol has never been the reason I've rushed out to buy one or gave it more credit.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    P365 seems to be a solid pistol now, but who uses a pistol has never been the reason I've rushed out to buy one or gave it more credit.
    LEO doesn't bear much weight with me.. Military does to an extent. In this particular case, neither really are all that applicable.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Been shooting and carrying a 365 since March 2018 way before any of the department pick ups happened. Firm believer in the pistol personally

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Been shooting and carrying a 365 since March 2018 way before any of the department pick ups happened. Firm believer in the pistol personally
    Yeah i knew you had. I wasnt meaning you as an example when I said that but a lot of people will run out and buy guns just because a department or branch picked them.
    I wouldn't own that new Army Sig if you gave me one and i mean that.
    Besides, special operations units have been running Glocks in combat since the start of the war on terror and some before that im sure.
    But for every tom dick and harry and sally they chose the pistol theyre less likely to blow their nuts off with unless they drop it.
    SIG pulled some really dirty stuff knowingly. I did buy a p365, sold it but later shot it. Great pistol I just am set in my ways for now.

I just wont go buy one because that was some departments lowest bidder or pick over others. We all know how bias comes into play in those decisions too.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    As a .45 guy...I concur...but don't rule out the Glock 48...same dimensions as the Glock 19, only thin like a Glock 43.
    Personally, I prefer a slightly longer barrel for better bullet performance and accuracy.
    I'll definitely check it out, but the grip length may be a bit longer than what I'm looking for. The P-01 is roughly the same dimensionally as the G19. Thin is nice, but I'm ideally looking for a shorter grip.

I'm really interested in comparing the G43 to the G26, and seeing how the Rami feels in hand.

I've handled a Shield 1.0 and liked it. Will have to handle the PPS and a Kahr.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yeah i knew you had. I wasnt meaning you as an example when I said that but a lot of people will run out and buy guns just because a department or branch picked them.
    I wouldn't own that new Army Sig if you gave me one and i mean that.
    Besides, special operations units have been running Glocks in combat since the start of the war on terror and some before that im sure.
    But for every tom dick and harry and sally they chose the pistol theyre less likely to blow their nuts off with unless they drop it.
    SIG pulled some really dirty stuff knowingly. I did buy a p365, sold it but later shot it. Great pistol I just am set in my ways for now.

I just wont go buy one because that was some departments lowest bidder or pick over others. We all know how bias comes into play in those decisions too.

I mean Sig did end up selling them for like $175 a pop, they did the impossible and underbid Glock. Special Forces will continue to use whatever pistols they want. At the end of the day for a big contract like that cost is a big factor, same reason the 92 beat out tbe P226 in the last contract.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I didn't see you mention your hand size, but I have XXL size (at least in Mechanix Gloves) hands and I love my Shield 1.0. Fits my hands great and I think I shoot it better then my XDm Compact 3.8. I have an early AlienGear IWB holster and it's pretty comfortable. I also have an OWB Safariland ALS holster that works great.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I have a P365 that is probably by favorite subcompact, it's hard to beat with it's size/capacity. My Kahr PM9 comes in a close 2nd only because of the smaller capacity. Both have been 100% reliable.

DanoFortWayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I like the way my shield shoots, its just small enough to be easy to carry yet not so small that its uncomfortable to shoot. I have an XDS that I think is too small, my LC9s is pretty good but the shield just hits that sweet spot for me.

Top Bottom