• Status
    Not open for further replies.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    if trump loses there will be rioting in the streets, so...

Thats been the recourse for 2020. I'm near Chicago and they announced deployment of national guard to the city "just in case" as well as stores boarding up in anticipation of riots.

As for the markets, I've seen lower volume in trading and more sideways actions in stocks. The last few sessions have had volume in pre market (aside from earnings) and mostly dips or loss of steam during the trading session with it ending near flat. Or negative for the day.
    With more companies following the trend of not issuing forward guidance and blaming covid and global uncertainty leaves them all taking dives. Even with blowout quarters. AAPL for example..

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    market up again after hours. the early voting numbers looking good for trump

I get the feeling the election result will get dragged out to drive the market down for a few days. Sellers may run the shop and UVXY will go up, maybe gold too. SQQQ also.
    Since earnings are pretty toxic right now, no sense in playing on them. I'm in Peloton and may exit till after earnings.

Early reports are showing Holcomb won re-election for our great state.
    Bloomberg showing Trump won Indiana!

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    SPX options track the S&P 500, however are European style options, as compared to SPY which are American. SPX typically trade 10x of SPY at the same strike price.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    SPY call up another $2 from where I sold. good until Nov 9 but I was wanting to lock in a win rather than go for a huge win

edit: 3:50p just bought two SPY puts, Nov 18 346 for $8. :runaway:

Last edited:

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Man were there some runners today!
    I grabbed Jinko Solar 65 calls this morning at the bell along with NIO 34 calls. Sold off today too deep in the green.

Hope you all had a good green day too!

Does anyone have trading strategies they use or just roll with the herd?

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    BA is bringing the heat. If anyone has bought calls the last couple days, congrats.
    I also bout puts this morning on CNK and BYND. Beyond has a lot of potential but will need time. They just announced a partnership deal with Pizza Hut which is owned by Yum Brands, who also owns KFC and Taco Bell. So they have something big here if they play their cards right. They just got dumped by McDonalds since they now have their own plant patty. That was a given since McD's doesnt play well with others.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I sold a decent amount of things today in my fun account I've held since right after the crash this year. Keeping BA and Lockheed, REITs are gone with some nice gains. With housing exploding I just can't see it going on a while, to nervous about it. Too green for options, don't even wanna go there since I just don't know enough or want to gamble, lol. Bought royal caribbean at $25, might bail soon I dunno.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is the travel/tourism market going to rebound hard or soft?

Will there come a point where suddenly everyone wants to roam around the world, or will it start with just some adventurous, and the timid will remain at home for a few months/years?

(Asking about investing and person travel)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom