Straight from the 2012 Democrat Platform............Gun Control "IS" coming!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    That is if the "ONE" gets re-elected.

Link for varification, if you have the stomach for it.
    The Democratic Party Platform | Democrats.org

Me, after reading this garbage, I am going to take a shower!
    Firearms
    We recognize that the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans’ Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, but we know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact and enforce common-sense laws and improvements – like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe.

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    :scratch: How about protect the Constitutional RTBA (2nd A) and just let leo's and the people keep their communities, themselves and their children safe.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - The 2nd Amendment

Indiana State Constitution - Article 1 Section 32. "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."

It never fails to amaze me the absolute lack of comprehension of the written language ...

andrew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Where the fur traders sang
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - The 2nd Amendment

Indiana State Constitution - Article 1 Section 32. "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."

It never fails to amaze me the absolute lack of comprehension of the written language ...

Oh it was written so long ago, its outdated. Also, they only had muskets.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Here's the relevant bit:

Firearms. We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole—so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.
    Breaking it down...

"Reasonable regulation"... so that if you don't agree, well, you're just not reasonable. The problem is, of course, who decides what regulation is reasonable? Considering the Founders' and Framers' intent and reasoning behind the 2A (that it serve as the means by which the sovereign People could throw off tyrannical, overreaching gov't) does it truly make sense to some that gov't, the ones intended to be held in check by privately-owned guns, be in charge of who has them? (Sadly, yes, to some it does.)

"We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence"...And yet you miss the fact that the gun is merely a convenient tool. In its absence, other tools will be used, and England, Australia, and even our own more-restricted states prove this daily and in some cases, hourly. The point? There is no such thing as "gun violence" and never will be until the gun gets up all by itself and commits it.

"life is fragile and our time here is limited and precious"... Doggone skippy it is, and that's why we go to such lengths to protect it!

Effective enforcement of existing laws? You mean like the laws that criminalize the mere possession of certain substances? Those mala prohibita laws outlaw some of those things completely, and yet, we still have drugs, and for other drugs, they're outlawed only for some people, and yet those people have them.
    Strengthen the background checks? And this stops those who don't now go through those checks how?
    Common sense improvements... how is it common sense to re-enact something that did no good at all the first time or to criminalize the peaceable sale of privately-owned property? If I sell my neighbor a hammer and he does harm with it, should hammer sales have to go through federally-licensed hardware stores?

Those irresponsible, law-breaking few are already disregarding the laws... that's what fits them with those labels. Making gun ownership "more illegaller" by adding more punishments isn't going to stop them because they know they won't really be punished... Just housed and fed for a few years.

Democrats: Progress by stepping backward into insanity. :rolleyes:

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow. Who's surprised by this?

Not I, said jbombelli.

No matter WHAT they may say, this is ALWAYS part of their platform.

I better just not post on this any further.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Here's the relevant bit:

Breaking it down...

"Reasonable regulation"... so that if you don't agree, well, you're just not reasonable. The problem is, of course, who decides what regulation is reasonable? Considering the Founders' and Framers' intent and reasoning behind the 2A (that it serve as the means by which the sovereign People could throw off tyrannical, overreaching gov't) does it truly make sense to some that gov't, the ones intended to be held in check by privately-owned guns, be in charge of who has them? (Sadly, yes, to some it does.)

"We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence"...And yet you miss the fact that the gun is merely a convenient tool. In its absence, other tools will be used, and England, Australia, and even our own more-restricted states prove this daily and in some cases, hourly. The point? There is no such thing as "gun violence" and never will be until the gun gets up all by itself and commits it.

"life is fragile and our time here is limited and precious"... Doggone skippy it is, and that's why we go to such lengths to protect it!

Effective enforcement of existing laws? You mean like the laws that criminalize the mere possession of certain substances? Those mala prohibita laws outlaw some of those things completely, and yet, we still have drugs, and for other drugs, they're outlawed only for some people, and yet those people have them.
    Strengthen the background checks? And this stops those who don't now go through those checks how?
    Common sense improvements... how is it common sense to re-enact something that did no good at all the first time or to criminalize the peaceable sale of privately-owned property? If I sell my neighbor a hammer and he does harm with it, should hammer sales have to go through federally-licensed hardware stores?

Those irresponsible, law-breaking few are already disregarding the laws... that's what fits them with those labels. Making gun ownership "more illegaller" by adding more punishments isn't going to stop them because they know they won't really be punished... Just housed and fed for a few years.

Democrats: Progress by stepping backward into insanity. :rolleyes:

:twocents
    Blessings,
    Bill

ABSOLUTELY!!

Love that last sentence: "Democrats: Progress by stepping backward into insanity." A well summed up indictment of the Democrat ideology.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow. Who's surprised by this?

Not I, said jbombelli.

No matter WHAT they may say, this is ALWAYS part of their platform.

I better just not post on this any further.

I have little doubt that most all of the Dems and way too many Repubs would happily ban all guns if they thought they could get by with it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have little doubt that most all of the Dems and way too many Repubs would happily ban all guns if they thought they could get by with it.
    ^This^ They aren't fooling anyone with a lick of 2A savvy that their ultimate goal would be the repeal of the 2A and a total disarmament.

As far as more gun legislation goes it's a proven fact that it restricts only those of us whom would abide by them and gives the criminal element the advantage.

Top Bottom