• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    No, it is completely legal between father and son and vise versa as long as he isn’t prohibited by law. Certain felonies and misdemeanors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No, it is completely legal between father and son and vise versa as long as he isn’t prohibited by law. Certain felonies and misdemeanors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lolwut?

getty_vice_and_vise-58279ff43df78c6f6a5291ec.jpg

EDIT:
    Let me rephrase it - no you will not get in trouble, if you are buying the rifle with your own money and gift it to him at a later time. As for prohibition of ownership as long as he has no felonies and misdemeanors
    OK, that makes more sense, as is in line with most other post this thread.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It actually is pretty clear.

You guys do what you want. I am not advising you.

If I wanted to buy a gun as a gift for my son (or cousin or friend), I would fill out the 4473 as the actual transferee with no fear that I had committed even a technical violation of law. In fact, would be confident that I had fully complied with the law.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

If I wanted to buy a gun as a gift for my son (or cousin or friend), I would fill out the 4473 as the actual transferee with no fear that I had committed even a technical violation of law. In fact, would be confident that I had fully complied with the law.
    I don’t think anyone has argued that? Looks like we all agree to that portion, just don’t buy that gift with their money, or favors...oh ****, if I buy my wife a gun and she repays me with sexual favors, is that a Straw Purchase?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don’t think anyone has argued that? Looks like we all agree to that portion, just don’t buy that gift with their money, or favors...oh ****, if I buy my wife a gun and she repays me with sexual favors, is that a Straw Purchase?
    No. That's a dream you'll wake up from.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

No, no, no...

As the buyer, fill out the F4473, pay the dealer then gift it.

The white zone is for loading and unloading only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don’t think anyone has argued that? Looks like we all agree to that portion...

Seems like some people want to make this more complicated than it needs to be.

If someone else tells you to buy it and gives you the money to buy it (before or after)....it's a not a gift, is it.

Step 1- what is a gift? If one knows the basic elements of what a gift is, this should be simple.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems like some people want to make this more complicated than it needs to be.

If someone else tells you to buy it and gives you the money to buy it (before or after)....it's a not a gift, is it.

Step 1- what is a gift? If one knows the basic elements of what a gift is, this should be simple.

If I own a bundle of sticks, can one of them be a gift?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Right.

So let's say 2 gay men want to split the cost of ownership of a rifle, in exchange for co-ownership of the gun and the right to enjoy the firearm 50% of the time.

If one gives the other half the money to purchase it, does that then become a straw purchase?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Right.

So let's say 2 gay men want to split the cost of ownership of a rifle, in exchange for co-ownership of the gun and the right to enjoy the firearm 50% of the time.

If one gives the other half the money to purchase it, does that then become a straw purchase?
    Wed better ask Pete what he and his boy toy do to split things?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, what if they form a trust (which is a separate legal entity), and each fund 50% of the trust. Then, one of them, as trustee, purchases the rifle on behalf of the trust? (Or, uses the money from the trust to purchase the rifle, then immediately transfers title to the rifle to the trust.)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    See if this helps:

1. Bruce Abramski, cop in VA, offered to buy his uncle Angel Alvarez (obviously a Stan Lee superhero) a Glock pistol with his police discount.

2. Alvarez, residing in PA, sends $400 check to Abramski for "Glock 19" (yes, Alvarez frickin' wrote that in the memo line of the check).

3. Abramski bought the Glock M19 AND THEN SENT IT TO AN FFL IN PA WHERE ALVAREZ FILLED OUT 4473 AND PASSED NICS CHECK. (Read that again, and then again).

4. Alvarez sent the receipt to Abramski.

5. Feds wanted Abramski on a bank robbery. Couldn't make him for it as he did not do bank robbery. However, feds switched targets to taxes and started combing through bank records and receipts. Feds find receipt for Glock M19.

6. Feds prosecute Abramski on 18 USC 922(a)(6), misrepresentation that Abramski was the actual buyer.

(6)for any person in connection with the acquisition or attempted acquisition of any firearm or ammunition from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, knowingly to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive such importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale or other disposition of such firearm or ammunition under the provisions of this chapter;

If this is true then what everyone else is saying about being able to get is is wrong????
    This scenario is insane!

Top Bottom