• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Buy the gun; shoot the gun (how many times is up to you, heh). Congratulations - there's depreciation on your personally owned object. Now clean it and put it back in the box like it's brand new. Wrap it with appropriate holiday paper, and gift away.

I may or may not have used the above idea in the past when it came to wedding gifts for my 3 younger siblings on their wedding days.

Some people gotta make things so unnecessarily complicated. If only you make the same level of effort when it comes grammar...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Okay so if a friend of yours who lives in the same state wired you money to buy him a pistol from a non-FFL holder in the same state, you can take that money buy from a private citizen non-FFL holder for your friend and give it to him or her without violating state or federal laws?

Well, there's no F4473, which is what I think you're hinting at.

18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(6) & 18 U.S.C. § 924(a)(1)(A) makes it illegal to lie on a F4473 - that's what makes a straw sale illegal.

No F4473; no straw sale. As long as you're all upstanding citizens, you're simply buying a gun, then selling a gun; FTF, all in state, all perfectly legal.

Note that this may not be valid in all states (see link).

Top Bottom