• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    If an old school teacher can do this, I would expect a younger Marine/LEO could do better. Argument is over.

[video=youtube;GmMEg4y54Dk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMEg4y54Dk[/video] [video=youtube;zFd3kF6LHz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4[/video]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    "Cankles of destruction." I'm gonna like you, even if you are a Glock guy.

If you bake a cake it's a cake, not an alternative cat... I call it what it is man... Lol not necessarily a Block fanboy, but if you can't beat em, join em... I had my share of other firearms, Glocks grew on me, not speaking from an LEO standpoint either, it's either SIG or GLOCK with those guys...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No harm no foul, always an exception... Yeah, him and I always have these debates, when YouTube operators always make a video or review, I always take them with a huge grain of salt and try to explain certain things to him and it's hard to break it down Barney style again and again... Like Corey and Erica or whoever that was, I watched from the sidelines as that ****show unraveled... Nothing is typical, nothing is routine, I'm speaking from experience again, 2ft or 100ft, doesn't matter... All comes down to proper gear maintenance and training, which gets expensive as we all know...

Cool

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah I always find that as a lukewarm moot point for the debate.... 3.3" to a 5" really? That's like a 18" to 16" on an rifle... Really? That's such a huge massive difference if you miss then blame it on the gun...

Well....yeah.....you gain 700FPS per half inch of barrel...interwebz said so. Don't forget that if I shoot a 55gr bullet instead of a 62gr out of my AR 1:7 twist that it might also implode and the bullet could destabilize after 10 yards

Some people put way too much faith in little things and they over analyze stuff. You shoot a 26 well and carry it, least you know what works for you. I have a friend who couldn't shoot his 26 well and got a 19 and he was immediately happier and shot better. More than likely it was perceived differences that made an actual difference but he found something that works for him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    If an old school teacher can do this, I would expect a younger Marine/LEO could do better. Argument is over.

[video=youtube;GmMEg4y54Dk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMEg4y54Dk[/video] [video=youtube;zFd3kF6LHz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4[/video]

People don't understand the yellow footprints, so I stopped explaining that long ago... All of us are men of action, talk is cheap... Argument is just beginning for the trolls though... So, with that being said, I am not a self made master of magical arts... As grunt style says, "It's not that I can and others can't, It's that I will when others won't..." I try to help people out every chance they ask, I don't want them to go through what I went through, that's why we do what we do... So you didn't have to... Thank my fellow troops that didn't come back...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Barrel lengths aside, I have to know if you actually still have a Talon TSi AWD. I haven't seen one of those in years! Pics!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Well....yeah.....you gain 700FPS per half inch of barrel...interwebz said so. Don't forget that if I shoot a 55gr bullet instead of a 62gr out of my AR 1:7 twist that it might also implode and the bullet could destabilize after 10 yards

Some people put way too much faith in little things and they over analyze stuff. You shoot a 26 well and carry it, least you know what works for you. I have a friend who couldn't shoot his 26 well and got a 19 and he was immediately happier and shot better. More than likely it was perceived differences that made an actual difference but he found something that works for him.

Hahahaha that's funny, citations needed lol... Yes, people talk and talk and analyze and talk some more instead of just putting to practice and applying or trying out what they talked about in the first place... Exactly, what works for me won't work for others, different body types, different experience levels, physical disabilities, you name it... However, that's not true in the military, what works for one will work for everyone, at least that's what we are trained for....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I hope our friend carries G19 (or bigger) mags for this backups so we can all swap mags, if necessary. ;)

That is one of the main reasons I carry subcompact models, for magazine swaps just in case **** happens for when it does, Murphy's law, **** can go wrong will go wrong, and horribly in an instant...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If you bake a cake it's a cake, not an alternative cat... I call it what it is man... Lol not necessarily a Block fanboy, but if you can't beat em, join em... I had my share of other firearms, Glocks grew on me, not speaking from an LEO standpoint either, it's either SIG or GLOCK with those guys...

I'm just poking fun about the Glocks because, well, this is the Internet after all.

Yellow footprints. That brings back some memories.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Wait just a minute...

You mean to tell me that a guy is pretty good with the 1 gun he shoots/trains with ALL the time? How can that be?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Wait just a minute...

You mean to tell me that a guy is pretty good with the 1 gun he shoots/trains with ALL the time? How can that be?

Hahahaha, sarcasm noted... but seriously, I shoot many of them, not just 1 all the time... Again, one mind, any tool for I am the weapon... That's my paraphrased philosophy from my experience in God, Country, Corps...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    To each his/her own. Is an alternative cat anything like a speed goat?

Speed Goat!!!!!
    ufgFH.gif

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You friend doesn't know what he's talking about. Isn't it 101, longer barrel better accuracy?

No. 3rd and 4th gen Glock 26s are often more accurate from a rest than their larger counterparts. I don't know why. Speculation is it's a difference in lockup and/or RSA.

Longer barrels can be easier to shoot due to sight radius, but there is nothing that ensures a longer barrel is mechanically more accurate.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Thank you zoot suit squirrel... People always seem to get that wrong and think keyboard YouTube operators reign supreme... Again, it's not a 100% solid argument... Facts are facts...

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If your friend has said 1911’s are better than glocks I coukdnside with him. But he didn’t and since I carry a compact 1911 and carry a full-size mag as a spare I have to side with you. I hate agreeing with glock people. But even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.

Top Bottom