• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't give me that take Kimber's D*ck out of your mouth... I can out perform any day of the week with a $1400 1911 vs 2 or 3 Blocks for that price :) Either way, I do the same thing you do, so it's not a big deal, you understand the reasoning behind the logic... And don't give me that blind squirrel YouTube Operator keyboard warrior certified black belt of verbal judo... I found a nut alright, that's you!!!

OK....this ends. If anyone is acting like a keyboard Ninja warrior it is you sir. Give us a break please.
    This will be the only warning.

-CM-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Sub compacts are designed for short up close fighting in my opinion Three to seven yards is optimal. I have taken my Shields both 9 and 45 out to 25 yards, wasn't pretty group wise ( no big ragged hole) but the hits were there. I would prefer something bigger at 25 but in a bad situation may be all you have so practice some at 25 yards.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sub compacts are designed for short up close fighting in my opinion Three to seven yards is optimal. I have taken my Shields both 9 and 45 out to 25 yards, wasn't pretty group wise ( no big ragged hole) but the hits were there. I would prefer something bigger at 25 but in a bad situation may be all you have so practice some at 25 yards.

I'm with you. I can make 50 yard shots with a full sized pistol, but never considered using a sub-compact. I might try that. My preference is <25, with a pistol, and anything after that, I'm just firing off rounds to get to a rifle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I watched Chezuki beat up a steel target at 100 Yds. with his (I think) M&P 9mm. The barrel can not be over 2"s in that gun. He was off hand and hitting 75% if memory serves. That is about what I was hitting with a 5" 1911 but we all know how bad those fat/slow bullets drop.
    He may have had a string better than that but it has been a while.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I watched Chezuki beat up a steel target at 100 Yds. with his (I think) M&P 9mm. The barrel can not be over 2"s in that gun. He was off hand and hitting 75% if memory serves. That is about what I was hitting with a 5" 1911 but we all know how bad those fat/slow bullets drop.

Not sure how much of that should be in purple? I'm confused by this whole thread.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

It was a full size M&P9... 4.25”. Pretty consistent hits on 12” steel at 100yds. Think I was only about 2/10 at 200yds though.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    The Speed Goat brought me here. :). I prefer a 4" barrel. I don't think there's going to be much accuracy difference, depending on the shooter and the ammo/firearm combo. Some loads are developed for shorter barrels. Since the intent for me is SD, I will stick with what feels "right" in my hand. 1/2" extra barrel is nothing to me tucked in. Am I really going to be thinking about that accuracy if I need to draw and fire between 7 and 15 yards? No. It would be point and shoot. Nonetheless I like the balance better, and since I'm now trusting my life to it, I'll take all the comfort I can get. That's if "Me" as the weapon doesn't succeed first.

Top Bottom