• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The best seat in the house is mine....at FOH.

Yeah, but you're working... If I'm paying to be at a show I don't want to think about scrolling through layers, taking the bottom snare mic 180 out of phase, etc.

Yes, I too know what all those knobs do! :D

P7201366.jpg

:ingo:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Yeah, but you're working... If I'm paying to be at a show I don't want to think about scrolling through layers, taking the bottom snare mic 180 out of phase, etc.

Yes, I too know what all those knobs do!

SCROLLING THROUGH LAYERS?? Meh, you young whippersnappers and your newfangled digital stuff. Give me a Midas MR4, or Soundcraft Series Five, 40 or so S4 cabinets, and I'm happy. I want my knobs where I can grab them instantly, and not have to scroll through menus while trying to do something else at the same time. I may be a computer geek by trade, but I HATE digital audio, for more reasons that I can list here. My most fundamental reason though, was reinforced (no pun intended) when I was talking to someone who had just taken the newest Soundcraft digital console out, and he said it was pretty nice, except that the control interface locked up during sound check, and it took FOUR MINUTES to reboot the mixer. Yeah, and as maddening as that would be, imagine that happening while you were mixing a metal show in front of 18,000 people.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    SCROLLING THROUGH LAYERS?? Meh, you young whippersnappers and your newfangled digital stuff. Give me a Midas MR4, or Soundcraft Series Five, 40 or so S4 cabinets, and I'm happy. I want my knobs where I can grab them instantly, and not have to scroll through menus while trying to do something else at the same time. I may be a computer geek by trade, but I HATE digital audio, for more reasons that I can list here. My most fundamental reason though, was reinforced (no pun intended) when I was talking to someone who had just taken the newest Soundcraft digital console out, and he said it was pretty nice, except that the control interface locked up during sound check, and it took FOUR MINUTES to reboot the mixer. Yeah, and as maddening as that would be, imagine that happening while you were mixing a metal show in front of 18,000 people.

You keep your old analog stuff. I will keep my shiny Digico D1, D5, and my new and shiny SD7.:rockwoot: and all Digico consoles have a magic button that will reboot the computer system while the console passes audio at present level. And everyone knows Monitor world is the best world.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    This is sad that indy's made national news and yet it is still happening. You would think that people would learn from past incidents. This is very sad. :(

Well, considering that Indy was less than a week ago, and there's no official cause of the collapse yet, it's far too soon for any changes to be made. From some of the reports I've seen of the Belgian collapse, it appears to be different. It sounds like trees were uprooted by the storm and crashed into the staging, which caused it to collapse.

Given the amount of unnecessary crap that people insist on hanging from truss outdoors, there are certain conditions that nearly guarantee that things will come down, unless you evacuate the area and drop the roof. It still might come down, but at least there won't be people around to get hurt by it.

People seem to have forgotten that an outdoor concert is not the same as an indoor concert. For that matter, people seem to have completely forgotten that a "concert" is a band playing music. It's not a multimedia presentation.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Given the amount of unnecessary crap that people insist on hanging from truss outdoors, there are certain conditions that nearly guarantee that things will come down, unless you evacuate the area and drop the roof. It still might come down, but at least there won't be people around to get hurt by it.

People seem to have forgotten that an outdoor concert is not the same as an indoor concert. For that matter, people seem to have completely forgotten that a "concert" is a band playing music. It's not a multimedia presentation.
    Fantastic summary right there... :yesway:

Top Bottom