JBT
    picture.php

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Very strange....woman rolls her window up an leaves....officer opens fire.....strange...if she was setting in the parking lot....why did he approach her to begin with??? An how an why would a LEO stick his hand an handgun into a car, he had to of had it at her temple.....for what?

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Makes you wonder why he was relocated? Regardless, the woman did not deserve to be shot, unless she presented and became a viable threat to the officer. On what grounds does he have the authority to approach the vehicle and demand I.D. if she was sitting in the parking lot in her car?

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    tagged to see where this thread goes. quite an interesting story. I want to know the rest of the story. wonder if we'll ever here it?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Makes you wonder why he was relocated? Regardless, the woman did not deserve to be shot, unless she presented and became a viable threat to the officer. On what grounds does he have the authority to approach the vehicle and demand I.D. if she was sitting in the parking lot in her car?

Because driving is a privilege and not a right. :popcorn:

But seriously folks... there are several odd things about this whole situation.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's the article...

There's the LEO statement...

There's the witness statement...

And then there's the truth.

-J-

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We aren't getting the whole story, by a long shot. Definitely something missing here.

This...I've seen quite a few people that have been dragged (and some who were run over) and the officer should have marks to match being caught in the window and drug along with the vehicle.

Most of the time when you see an officer get their arm in a window like that or drug by a vehicle, they were reaching in to take the keys out of the ignition.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did Daniel Harless decide to up and move out west?

I was thinking the same thing...except southeast. :D

This...I've seen quite a few people that have been dragged (and some who were run over) and the officer should have marks to match being caught in the window and drug along with the vehicle.

Seems like it should be very easy then to confirm the officer's story. No charges filed yet so either they're sweeping it under the rug, or the evidence favor's the cop.

But jeez, why kill her over that?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    There's a whole lot of WTF here in this LEO shooting.

Va. State Police Say Kris Buchele Of Culpeper Changed His Story About Officer-Involved Shooting | wusa9.com

The Culpeper town spokesperson says the officer's cruiser did have a video camera, but that it was not working. He also said the officer did not turn on his blue lights. If he had, it would've been a sign that he was detaining the person, says attorney and former Fairfax County Police officer Ted Sibert . If the person is not being detained, she should be free to go, Sibert says.

"What is he investigating? if its just for we call a suspicious person, then he doesn't have jusification to use force to maintain the contact. So if the person wants to roll the window up, they can. He can't be sticking his hand in the window or pulling someone out of the the car or open the door. Those all need justification," Sibert says.

Sibert says that before an officer tries to stop or detain someone, he needs reasonable suspicion that a crime has occurred or is about to occur. Trespassing is not sufficient, especially if the person is trying to get off the property. Furthermore, to charge someone with trespassing, you'd need proof the person knew she was trespassing. Was it clearly marked? Did the property owner tell the person to leave?

Sibert says if the officer did put his arm in the window, he needs to have reasonable suspicion a crime was committed or about to be committed. Virginia State Police have said nothing about why the officer was detaining Cook in the first place,or, in other words, why he was putting his hand in her window, if in fact that's what he did.
    So the camera was conveniently not operating.

And the officer did not use his lights to stop the person, and that if there was no stop, then her actions of attempting to leave were lawful. I wonder if she even noticed he was a LEO or just became afraid when someone suddenly appeared at her window and felt unsafe and attempted to get to safety.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    There's a whole lot of WTF here in this LEO shooting.

Va. State Police Say Kris Buchele Of Culpeper Changed His Story About Officer-Involved Shooting | wusa9.com

So the camera was conveniently not operating.

And the officer did not use his lights to stop the person, and that if there was no stop, then her actions of attempting to leave were lawful. I wonder if she even noticed he was a LEO or just became afraid when someone suddenly appeared at her window and felt unsafe and attempted to get to safety.

That (at this piont) seems to be the most reasonable conclusion of her actions. Some big scary guy yelling and reaching into her window (possible gun in hand) I would have drove away too.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

Most of the time when you see an officer get their arm in a window like that or drug by a vehicle, they were reaching in to take the keys out of the ignition.

Why make an aggressive move like reaching in to shut the ignition when the officer could just have easily radioed the LP# and had the car stopped later.

The witness would be declared credible only IF he was testifying FOR the LEO in my opinion. I've seen the state use plenty of scumbag witnesses for the prosecution.

Disturbing trend (like a story a day) along with all the militarization. I used to look up to LE.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Probably got the same special treatment as another LEO that we all know about in Indiana. Different circumstances, but twisted facts is the common.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Woman probably pulled over to use her cell phone or something, then some guy just appears at her window?

I doubt a 54 year-old Sunday School teacher was buying crack in a church parking lot at 10 am.

Sorry, I don't trust the LEO's account. Sounds like he's making a story to cover his azz. Well, the patrol car video will show what happened. Oh, wait, he didn't have it turned on!

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I'm praying for 100 wirnesses, or more.

Why was he stopping her? Where are her bullet-impact wounds? I hope her husband, brother, sister, son, daughter-in-law, daughter, son-in-law, and pastor are all attorneys. If it is as it seems, that pig needs eviscerated slowly, but will probably get a commendation.
    :popcorn: This ought to be real good!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    This story is very fishy. Like it has been said, there would be bruises on the LEO's arm from the window if the lady really did roll it up on him. I've heard of people grabbing a LEO's hand and hitting the gas while dragging them down the street but, rolling a window up on their arm? That's nonsense.

Top Bottom